Time for a new phone?

BluePanda

Well I'm a very oddly mixed user BUT, when I do use, I need reliability.

Half the time I am at work -- so I can't even have my phone, so it stays at home all day by it's lonesome. 

The other half of the time I'm driving to ABQ (2 hours from here) for classes. I like Pandora on the drive so I can get some new music -- plus you can imagine the stations in New Mexico, just saying. I can plug my phone in in the car so battery there isn't so important. However, the wifi on campus is well, shit. So I depend on whatever 3G/4G I can pick up. When I can't connect on my laptop for things I use my phone instead. I also rely heavly on it to communicate with Waco during the day -- and especially at the end of the day (so he knows when to expect me home and I'm not dead on the side of the road somewhere). haha

I'm not big on gaming on my phone, so I don't really care there.

Email, texting, surfing, OCCing, and calendaring are important to me. This is why I was a little tempted on the windows phone. I have windows 8 on my tablet/laptop dealio and update that calendar with my HW assignments, work stuff, and whatever else. It's easily accessible from a browser so I use it everywhere. To be able to get updates from it on my phone would be awesome -- though I'm sure I could just fwd it to my google cal. 

Anyway...long wind there. Basically I rely on my phone to keep me entertained and connected. So yes, battery life is valuable but I'm okay with charging it every day -- I'm already used to that.

The LG UI is very stable and reliable and a lot nicer to use than TouchWiz in my experience (1 samsung phone, 1 samsung tab, 1 lg phone). I've had stock and modded LG ROMS on it and they're as stable as vanilla android roms. They definitely did a good job with it, especially KitKat. Great 4G and LTE speeds and gets consistently better bars than I used to with my old phone. Unsure of how it compares to new phones though. 

As for heavy usage like Pandora streaming, it gets a little warm, but it isn't very annoying as there aren't any hotspots on the screen. I believe it throttles around 115 degrees F. Speaking of the screen, go to a store and touch it. It feels so smooth compared to other phones, and the beveled edges make it feel awesome. 

All the other stuff, any phone can do.

Even though you're used to charging a lot, which I was with my old phone, it feels so much nicer to be free and not have to charge it all the time. I charge it every night and that's it. Its so nice not having to worry about battery life or running out when I'm not home. 

Let me know if you have any questions about the G2.

Another good option is the Nexus 5. I bought it for my fiancee for christmas and she loves it. Build quality is awesome. The best way to describe it is a half price LG G2. 

Oh yeah, forgot about Verizon.

Also, side note, LG G2 back buttons are shit on Verizon because Verizon is stupid and didn't like the original design and decided to "improve" it.

Nexus 5 isn't available on Verizon though, because it doesn't support CDMA.

Yup -- gotta keep that Verzion thing, which I don't mind much. Rather good service for the most part.

I really need to go in and play with some phones...but right now I'm thinking between the HTC ONE (M8) and the Nokia Lumina Icon...the G2 may come into that mix since there's been some good word here for it.

I'm telling you Amanda.  Once you go in and hold the One, admire the screen, see how easily it slips into your pocket, the solid feel and IMHO it's great styling you are going to be sold.  I'm not exaggerating when I said I spent weeks trying to decide.  Visits to the phone store and reviews from anyone I could find on the brands / models I was considering.

And while I'm not a huge user of the Blink-Feed feature, it's pretty nifty if you take the time to configure and customize for your own use.  I use the classic start screen myself and keep the Blink Feed page moved over one screen.  If you go that route PM me and I'll turn you on to some great covers.

Since you do not like Note 3 (battery life on that is awesome) because of its size, I would recommend between htc one M8 or LG G2. You can't go wrong with LG G2.

I have not played with M8 yet but with the G2 yes. It runs smooth and fast. The only thing that might bug you is the buttons on the back but you will get used to it.

I would go to a store and play with the phones you are are thinking about. Everyone has their choice but the final decision is yours :) 

2K res on a 5" screen...why? 

:pfp:

+10000

sorry crap... my bad htc has no removable battery.. 

Thought so, not that I'm well versed in phones but I just had a feeling...which is why I'd never even begin to consider it. Without choices, why use Android?

Small hands here...female remember? Lol

But no votes on a windows phone yet huh? The HTC is up there in my list though.

I keep hearing (on here) from those with Windows phones, that they're very stable and fast but I'm happy with Android and being able to work on it myself...until the new Windows Phone OS is as customizable and tweakable as WinMo was back in the day like a windows computer...which I highly doubt it is, then I wouldn't be able to give it more of a blessing.

I'm telling you Amanda.  Once you go in and hold the One, admire the screen, see how easily it slips into your pocket, the solid feel and IMHO it's great styling you are going to be sold.  I'm not exaggerating when I said I spent weeks trying to decide.  Visits to the phone store and reviews from anyone I could find on the brands / models I was considering.

And while I'm not a huge user of the Blink-Feed feature, it's pretty nifty if you take the time to configure and customize for your own use.  I use the classic start screen myself and keep the Blink Feed page moved over one screen.  If you go that route PM me and I'll turn you on to some great covers.

+1, go to a Verizon store and play the field. It's the best way

I loved the feel of the ONE and and loved the sound from it I just needed a larger screen and wanted the battery life the G2 offered. You really have to go touch and feel them now since phones have more of a connection now than just being a tool for phone calls. 

I loved the feel of the ONE and and loved the sound from it I just needed a larger screen and wanted the battery life the G2 offered. You really have to go touch and feel them now since phones have more of a connection now than just being a tool for phone calls. 

Same. I absolutely loved the one but the turn-off for me was that it wasn't the latest phone on the market. I immediately disqualified the S4 and One because I bought the phone in late 2013 and those two had come out in early 2013. I could have done without the battery life (or thought I could have) and almost got the One but I'm glad I went for the G2.

Coke, did you get it in black or white?