Time for a new phone?

BluePanda

I have had no issues rooted or otherwise. I want a big HD screen so my old ass eyes can focus on it better.I don't care about a manual keyboard because if I have that much to say I am going to call you with my big screen phone and tell you vs. spelling it out in a mile long wall of text. The spoken word is a lost art. My kid would rather text than talk. You lose the rules of social interaction.

I never mentioned texting lol, this phone is so much closer to a laptop than many of the big screen toys are.

But the point is that I also want your screen and the specs but keep my product more capable, both for work and pleasure. I'm just saying if my laptop completely kicked the bucket and I needed a stand in, this phone can do so VERY well. I'm not saying do away with the keyboardless phones, I'm saying they shouldn't do away with the keyboard phones for us who want and can use it all. I agree with you on texting ruining the social structure of youth today, I hate that my g/f can't talk to me on the phone and would rather engage in textual communication....

I just don't understand why everyone is so happy giving up great useful features at no benefit to themselves. It's like removing trucks from the market... sure YOU may not want worse gas mileage or less passenger capacity but there are those who can use or need that extra versatility in their life. Not everyone can get by with the pretty new van or car with all the fancy features, and their needs should be respected as well.

hey hey hey -- this is MY thread, so thus it is all about what I want...

haha. 

I like that texting exists in the sense that a lot of times I can't call Waco while I'm out and about with School and such. It's nice to be able to "leave a message" and get one from him too... :)

I have had no issues rooted or otherwise. I want a big HD screen so my old ass eyes can focus on it better.I don't care about a manual keyboard because if I have that much to say I am going to call you with my big screen phone and tell you vs. spelling it out in a mile long wall of text. The spoken word is a lost art. My kid would rather text than talk. You lose the rules of social interaction.

I never mentioned texting lol, this phone is so much closer to a laptop than many of the big screen toys are.

But the point is that I also want your screen and the specs but keep my product more capable, both for work and pleasure. I'm just saying if my laptop completely kicked the bucket and I needed a stand in, this phone can do so VERY well. I'm not saying do away with the keyboardless phones, I'm saying they shouldn't do away with the keyboard phones for us who want and can use it all. I agree with you on texting ruining the social structure of youth today, I hate that my g/f can't talk to me on the phone and would rather engage in textual communication....

I just don't understand why everyone is so happy giving up great useful features at no benefit to themselves. It's like removing trucks from the market... sure YOU may not want worse gas mileage or less passenger capacity but there are those who can use or need that extra versatility in their life. Not everyone can get by with the pretty new van or car with all the fancy features, and their needs should be respected as well.

haha.

I like that texting exists in the sense that a lot of times I can't call Waco while I'm out and about with School and such. It's nice to be able to "leave a message" and get one from him too... :)

True, Voxer is a good in between too. Though I don't personally use it lol

haha.

True, Voxer is a good in between too. Though I don't personally use it lol
Voxer is definitely not an in between. If you can listen to a voice message, you can call the person. If you can speak to leave a voice message, you can call the person. If you can't... Well, just text them. She mentioned school, I can't really think of a good time to use voxer rather than texting, besides in between classes.

Tl;dr, voxer is a gimmick.

Edited by Onion

This is what I like about the Windows Phones, no need to root them. Shucks you can sign up for a program from MS officially to keep your phone updated to the newest OS always.

Voxer is a gimmick.

Lol it is, I don't use it either. Just saying it fits in between a phone call and texting, where you could send voice to have it heard later

This is what I like about the Windows Phones, no need to root them. Shucks you can sign up for a program from MS officially to keep your phone updated to the newest OS always.

But do you have access to every tidbit of your system files and can delete or change anything you want on the phone?

I doubt I have 100% control but then again I do not need or want 100% control. I love the fact that I can get all the OS upgrades with official support without having to get a new phone :-)

I doubt I have 100% control but then again I do not need or want 100% control. I love the fact that I can get all the OS upgrades with official support without having to get a new phone :-)

I'd rather have the control, I could care less about the newest version of Android if my phone is still stable and fast. A lot of android users need that new version but I'm satisfied wherever the phone ends up getting to IMHO

Good on you though, if updates are your thing WinPho sounds like a great match for you. I'd love to mess with one someday but until it becomes as customizable as windows is (or android), I probably wouldn't own one myself.

Until said updates either break your phone or make it slower. :lol:

Oh I'm not saying it happens a often but I've had MS screw up more than a few updates in the past on my computers and it'll take a lot of convincing for me to enable auto-updates on a phone.

That's why I do not auto update. My point was MS has put a lot of effort in to make sure the OS updates can be used on all phones and you do not need to buy a new phone for an update.

That's why I do not auto update. My point was MS has put a lot of effort in to make sure the OS updates can be used on all phones and you do not need to buy a new phone for an update.

Don't all Nex-ass phones have unlimited updates too? Remember MS has to worry about a lot less hardware to provide updates for also