Time for a new phone?

BluePanda

LOL Waco, howcome? Its durability is amazing. plus for Pandora n email simple stuff it gets the job done!

im just not fancy with my phones anymore I guess lol

His phone is about as slow as mine if not slower on some days. It's down to a bare install and barely handles email in the mornings.

I need fxn over glamour by all means -- but I would like something with a little pep. I'm also having thoughts that a half way decent camera might be nice...seems more pictures than not are taken by my phone despite me having such a nice camera...

What she said. It's just annoyingly slow and the last update from Verizon disabled rooting.

If I could put CM or AOKP on it I'd probably be happy!

What she said. It's just annoyingly slow and the last update from Verizon disabled rooting.

XDA hasn't rerooted for ya?? My dad's S4 (vzw) had its root disabled for a bit but XDA found a new method for him.

This is why i never update anymore until I see others having success.....even though my phone has 12 threads ever made (since 2012) and on phandroid.com, XDA never added it as a device there (Stratosphere II). I HATE how the manufacturers don't give a shit about making cutting edge keyboard phones, like where's my forum, where's my 4.5" screen, where's my 2GB RAM, where's my roms? [/rant]

XDA hasn't rerooted for ya?? My dad's S4 (vzw) had its root disabled for a bit but XDA found a new method for him.

This is why i never update anymore until I see others having success.....even though my phone has 12 threads ever made (since 2012) and on phandroid.com, XDA never added it as a device there (Stratosphere II). I HATE how the manufacturers don't give a shit about making cutting edge keyboard phones, like where's my forum, where's my 4.5" screen, where's my 2GB RAM, where's my roms? [/rant]

People are over it! 

People are over it!
People are dumb lol, just one good high end keyboard phone every 2 years by SOMEbody would please me (preferably Samsung since they have been more resilient to the Applification of android phones...aka their stuff doesn't have non-replaceable batteries and no micro sd support)

Better internet experience (no virtual keyboard making your viewable area a glorifiable tank viewport when typing in a text box), better emulator playability (tactile feedback>>>>>>>haptic feedback), better productivity (it's like a real computer), better multitasking (writing without looking)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

well then i'm dumb i guess, and a pu$$y too cuz  i'm scared shitle$$ of bricking a $600 S4, and losing all my work contacts and services (i.e. Tmobile stuff) but at the same time i get sick of being locked into my particular provider's system...my wife still uses my old LG C-900 windows 7.1 keyboard phone and it still has many advantages, but so old school in so many ways that it's just outdated...phones are changing so fast anymore i don't seem to be able to keep up with the cutting edge...crappola, it wasn't that long ago i said "i'm never going to get locked into a damn phone like all these kids are doing" , and now it's the way of the world...does anybody remember dial phones or party lines, or pagers ?...

well then i'm dumb i guess, and a pu$$y too cuz i'm scared shitle$$ of bricking a $600 S4, and losing all my work contacts and services (i.e. Tmobile stuff) but at the same time i get sick of being locked into my particular provider's system...my wife still uses my old LG C-900 windows 7.1 keyboard phone and it still has many advantages, but so old school in so many ways that it's just outdated...phones are changing so fast anymore i don't seem to be able to keep up with the cutting edge...crappola, it wasn't that long ago i said "i'm never going to get locked into a damn phone like all these kids are doing" , and now it's the way of the world...does anybody remember dial phones or party lines, or pagers ?...

I don't care as much of being cutting edge but don't give second grade tech to the keyboard phones. I'm happier with my dual core but i need more RAM and I think the GPU in this phone isn't as strong as my old one since it can't play N64 games as smooth as my old phone could. General smoothness and multitasking would be so much better with 2GB of RAM, I see it starving with its 1GB but I don't understand this rush for cores, RAM is what we need.

I don't want to root a new phone -- I only did mine to keep me from buying a new phone at the time -- kept it "new". 

It'll get rooted, don't get me wrong; but, not the day I bring it home. 

I have had no issues rooted or otherwise. I want a big HD screen so my old ass eyes can focus on it better.I don't care about a manual keyboard because if I have that much to say I am going to call you with my big screen phone and tell you vs. spelling it out in a mile long wall of text. The spoken word is a lost art. My kid would rather text than talk. You lose the rules of social interaction. 

I have had no issues rooted or otherwise. I want a big HD screen so my old ass eyes can focus on it better.I don't care about a manual keyboard because if I have that much to say I am going to call you with my big screen phone and tell you vs. spelling it out in a mile long wall of text. The spoken word is a lost art. My kid would rather text than talk. You lose the rules of social interaction. 

I don't have the "old ass" problem...I don't want a big ass phone. None of todays phones will fit in a girls pants -- but I don't want to be dragging a mini tablet around with me either. ROFL

I never mentioned texting lol, this phone is so much closer to a laptop than many of the big screen toys are.

But the point is that I also want your screen and the specs but keep my product more capable, both for work and pleasure. I'm just saying if my laptop completely kicked the bucket and I needed a stand in, this phone can do so VERY well. I'm not saying do away with the keyboardless phones, I'm saying they shouldn't do away with the keyboard phones for us who want and can use it all. I agree with you on texting ruining the social structure of youth today, I hate that my g/f can't talk to me on the phone and would rather engage in textual communication....

I just don't understand why everyone is so happy giving up great useful features at no benefit to themselves. It's like removing trucks from the market... sure YOU may not want worse gas mileage or less passenger capacity but there are those who can use or need that extra versatility in their life. Not everyone can get by with the pretty new van or car with all the fancy features, and their needs should be respected as well.