Time for a new phone?

BluePanda

The Nexus phones only get software support for a year-and-a-half or two years, guaranteed. After that it is at the discretion of Google, at least as far as the OS is concerned. Google has been working to strip features out of Android and into separate apps though, so that most Android phones can have the features updated through the Play Store, instead of through OS updates that require carrier certification. Sometimes there are limits though, such as being 4.0+.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally bought something...

Went and played with everything this weekend. 

HTC (M8) -- was big but lacked actual screen area. Nothing super fancy, but at $100 was still a good option.

Nokia Lumina -- I was set on this before going to the store. Much bigger than I expected and didn't love the Windows OS as much as I expected. No chrome, and no hangouts. :(

Odd winner: The Moto X!! Custom ordered mine online...should be here in a week or two. :)

I hope you like your Moto X. I am enjoying mine and have been since I got it.

How did you customize yours? I was happy with the in-store black design, so that's what I got.

I went for Blue back with a white body...and green accents for the buttons haha

I also got Panda engraved in the back and upgraded to the 32GB version...

I read that as 'what you'd expect and green accents' :lol: Only have the 16 GB version myself, but then I don't need that much space. I run my phones pretty lean, at least until I upgrade to something new, and then they fill up as I put them to other uses. Combined the Bittorrent Sync app with my older Galaxy Nexus (32 GB) to have a music player that will sync my library over my network, whenever I turn on the phone's Wi-Fi radio. Works quite nicely, especially I don't need to pull out cables to put on whatever new music I have.

The MotoX was in the running when I looked for a phone. The speaker is really loud regardless of if its in your pocket or not. I just needed the screen real estate due to my aging eyes. Plus there is plenty of support for rooting and custom roms. 

The MotoX was in the running when I looked for a phone. The speaker is really loud regardless of if its in your pocket or not. I just needed the screen real estate due to my aging eyes. Plus there is plenty of support for rooting and custom roms.

Yea I forgot how much I appreciate a smaller phone. Can't wait for it to be here.

Yea I forgot how much I appreciate a smaller phone. Can't wait for it to be here.

I feel the same exact way, I'm on a phablet now and would love to go to something that's about 4.8" I nearly bought the Samsung Mega but was like nope. I just kind of wish they'd bring back smaller screen options, I know samsung has some small devices but specs are kind of crap, the Samsung Galaxy express wasn't bad.

So I am basically waiting for LG G3 to come out.. Will be moving from GS4 

The new UI for it was leaked, check it out. It's a pretty cool looking change. I'm not going to buy it since my G2 is more than enough but I can't wait to get that sweet UI ported over!

• Like 1

So I am basically waiting for LG G3 to come out.. Will be moving from GS4 

The new UI for it was leaked, check it out. It's a pretty cool looking change. I'm not going to buy it since my G2 is more than enough but I can't wait to get that sweet UI ported over!

Yep I know :) Thank you :)