Time for a new phone?

BluePanda

So...the two year anniversary of my Droid Razr is coming around the corner...

Besides going through cyanogenmods and currently running aokp the little phone doesn't have much "go" left in it. Email loads slowly, if it does, and in general doesn't always cooperate. :(

With that said, two years means upgrade via Verizion -- so what to get?

I'm temped by the Windows phones, but haven't really played with anything new lately. What should I get? 

Anyone with a windows phone out there? What do you think?

I will just say it now, NO to an iphone. :P

Awhile back the LG G2 was all the rage.  A few guys I work with have it and they all like it.  I have a Droid RAZR HD Maxx which is a year old now and it's served me well.  No complaints.

LG G2 is still all the rage. All my coworkers are finally hopping on the bandwagon. I have one, absolutely love it. Nexus 5 is pretty sweet for the price, too. 

Hah, I rooted and flashed my two-year old HTC Sensation with 4.2.2 AOKP, and I have the same issues. :P

I've been needing a phone upgrade, too, and have been looking into it.

If you're looking for the latest and greatest, two great android phones are being release later this week.

HTC One (M8), and the Samsung Galaxy S5.

From reviews, people love the design and feel of the new HTC One (M8). An upgrade to the previous HTC One (M7). It has some pretty sweet features, but there are 3 reasons I'm more prone to get the Samsung Galaxy S5 instead:

1. Despite still having a plastic body, you can get access to the battery unlike the HTC One (M8). I've had moments where having an extra battery has helped me when I needed it, even after upgrading to a higher capacity battery. You won't be able to do this with the HTC One (M8).

2. While the HTC One (M8) has a great front facing camera, I don't take "selfies". The rear-facing camera has an extra lens so something where after you take a picture, you can still change the depth of field for your photo. The pixel sizes are a bit larger to allow for better pictures in low light conditions, but people have said it doesn't help since the quality of the pictures aren't that great, anyway. The Samsung Galaxy S5 will have a 16-megapixel camera, and will be the best camera on a phone you can get with super-fast focus and shutter speed as well as Ultra HD video capture.

3. While not as important, I prefer Samsung TouchWiz over HTC Sense out of the box.

I've got the HTC One M7, and if the M8 is an improvement over my phone then I'm impressed that HTC could improve on what was already a perfect phone IMHO.  I stressed for weeks choosing a new phone and finally chose the HTC One.  I've always used Samsung before and I was apprehensive about the non-removable battery since I travel a lot, but battery life on my One is outstanding.  Every feature I use works perfectly, it's fast, very fast.  I'm running a tweaked stock ROM (de-bloated and rooted).  Build quality is top notch and it has a solid feel to it that I just never had with any of my previous Samsungs (Infuse, S II Skyrocket, S III).

Go hold one at the store (even if you plan on buying or renewing online) and I think you'll be sold  :)

I went from my Galaxy Nexus to a Moto X and have been very happy with it. Pretty close to the stock Android I was use to with very good performance. I really can't speak for the other phones, but I've no complaints about this one.

LG G2 is awesome phone. so is M8. You can install any launcher instead of Sense if you dont like it. GS5 is the same as GS4 except for a few upgrades.. However according to phonearena, there is a premium version of the phone with 2k display: Here are the specs supposedly:

premium-sgs5-april-2014.png

I can't really recommend anything since they discontinued my Stratosphere II and have yet to release a new keyboard phone...

If I HAD to get a new phone, it'd be the S5 since it has removable battery and Micro SD still...

HTC M8 has a microSD slot as well and removable battery.. Next month info on LG G3 should be out.. The only information on that has been confirmed is that it comes with a 2K display

HTC M8 has a microSD slot as well and removable battery.. Next month info on LG G3 should be out.. The only information on that has been confirmed is that it comes with a 2K display

HTC One (M8) does not have a removable battery.