What I did today .......

Stonerboy779

Sat on my ass all day waiting for my face to look like a face again. Cleaned up 6 fouled plugs, applied anti sieze, put them all back in, and heard the Z run smoother than ever.

Packed up all my stuff, getting ready to move to my apartment in Jacksonville on Friday. Shipping it out tomorrow morning. Also put my car back together. 

• 2 weeks later...

That looks pretty cool, did you just re-finish the table with a new top or did you make the whole table as well?

My grandad made the table a but over 20 years ago. The frame is still the original hardwood that he cut and assembled. You can see the two lines of screws going the width of the table, that is where I added two braces out of hardwood.

Frame is painted in a green outdoor paint and the top is merbau decking 140mm wide and 90mm thick boards. I have some more and will be making new chairs to go with the table. The ones that were with it were a mix of different hardwoods that my grandad had in the garage and as such have deteriated to different extents. Also the design they are means that there are bottom rails the chair is on and it leaves massive stains on the little entertaining area.

So new chairs just treated pine and painted to match the table. They'all have a bonus of being lighter too. The seat and backrest will be more merbau decking. All the decking will get stained to keep the lovely natural colour and the water drip ridges should help it last nicely in the elements which are bad enough as my grandma is down at the beach.

More pics when it is all done, which should hopefully be by the end of the month.

• 1 month later...

That looks pretty cool, did you just re-finish the table with a new top or did you make the whole table as well?

My grandad made the table a but over 20 years ago. The frame is still the original hardwood that he cut and assembled. You can see the two lines of screws going the width of the table, that is where I added two braces out of hardwood.

Frame is painted in a green outdoor paint and the top is merbau decking 140mm wide and 90mm thick boards. I have some more and will be making new chairs to go with the table. The ones that were with it were a mix of different hardwoods that my grandad had in the garage and as such have deteriated to different extents. Also the design they are means that there are bottom rails the chair is on and it leaves massive stains on the little entertaining area.

So new chairs just treated pine and painted to match the table. They'all have a bonus of being lighter too. The seat and backrest will be more merbau decking. All the decking will get stained to keep the lovely natural colour and the water drip ridges should help it last nicely in the elements which are bad enough as my grandma is down at the beach.

More pics when it is all done, which should hopefully be by the end of the month.

It definitely looks cool, definitely take more pics, I love refurbishing things and repurposing them.

Which reminds me... I made a radio/boombox out of a circular saw box, two 6-3/4" speakers, one car radio and an old computer PSU on Friday.

Total cost, excluding the hot glue I used $0

I wanna make it battery powered for portability at some point as well.

I'll post pics/video tomorrow, it's done in my typical make do with what you have way as well, so don't expect some masterpiece. :P

Function over form I always say...

Edited by Andrewr05