What I did today .......

Stonerboy779

today I worked then cussed the shot my pistol then cussed then ate then cussed then showered then cussed then went to bed but decided to post this instead of sleep now time cor sleep :)

Drove my tuck and got 3 bajillion check engine messages. I love this truck, but it can be sooo durn irritating just when i'd rather not deal with it.

So just pop the hood, and check the engine... Still there? Perfect, you're good for another couple hundred thousand miles. :lol: 

What's a check engine light, anyways? :P

Drove my tuck and got 3 bajillion check engine messages. I love this truck, but it can be sooo durn irritating just when i'd rather not deal with it.

So just pop the hood, and check the engine... Still there? Perfect, you're good for another couple hundred thousand miles. :lol:

What's a check engine light, anyways? :P

Well yeah... its a toyota =p

But i like to keep my baby running well.

I think my ECM is going... that or my TPS and knock sensor both took a dump at the same time.

I have an error 25: Running lean. TPS issue normally

Error 41: Open or short detected in throttle position

sensor signal (VTA) for 500 msec. or more.

Error 52: With

engine speed 2,000 rpm or more

signal from knock sensor is not input to

ECM for 25 revolution. (KNK)

I'm hoping that its just bad grounds(my battery ground and engine block grounds are currently non-existent), but that would not line up with the fact that its been running fine the past month since i bought it. I had no error codes till last Friday, that was a #25, fixed it by cleaning the contacts on the TPS and plugging it in (it had vibrated almost all the way off its socket). Then yesterday i was sitting at a stop sign, looked down to check my idle, 750 rpms (perfect) and no check engine light, looked up engaged the clutch glanced down to the gps and had a check engine light before i made it half way through the intersection. And unfortunately my online resources have failed to suggest anything than just throw parts at it, which i hate to do as all those sensors are soo expensive.

Ran out of gas. Again. I really need to fix that gauge lol.

:pfp:

Just know you can go X miles before you're like 3/4 gone and fill up at the right interval, my work van has no working gauge and I've only ran out once a few years ago and I was on my way TOO the gas station.

:lol:

Thats what I do. I usually fill up every 100, but it died on me at 75, which is really odd. Turns out it wasn't the gas being empty, it was the fuel pump being in a bad mood. A couple taps with a hammer and she fired right up! :lol:

In my defence, the first time I ran out was because someone siphoned my gas. :(

Edited by Onion

Every 100 miles???

I don't even look at the gauge till 300...and that's with another 1/4 of the 13 gallon tank left.

Fuel pumps suck to replace but at least yours isn't in-tank.

Simple answer to my gas mileage issue. Camshaft and lead foot. Or, just for the hell of using a meme... "Because race car."

What I did today? Moved.