What is Apple's issue?

What is wrong with Apple?

I mean seriously do they really aim to piss off every other manufacturer and millions of consumers on purpose. They have their legal proceedings going against all the major players to try and get bans on different products.

They even file law suits against a major partner for them, Sony who gave them an actually descent camera for their pos 4s.

HTC come along with the One X and before you know it apple is crying about something and taking them too court. Just now they have staffed proceedings to try and ban the gs3 from the states while still trying too ban the nexus.

With rumored pre-orders of 9 mill worldwide for the gs3 the amount of people such a ban would affect will be huge.

They aren't revolutionary and pioneering for making black rectangles, touchscreens and voice control do how on earth do they have so many patents designed to crush not foster completion.

/rant

What do you think guys?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fight competition tooth and nail. Like it is a war for the $'s. I haven't kept up on all of their proceedings but I'm sure some are founded. The case I heard where they tried to keep the sliding-to-unlock feature to themselves seems nutty IMHO.

Most people haven't heard of this event or remember it anymore:

http://gizmodo.com/5319275/report-iphone-leak-interrogations-drive-foxconn-employee-to-suicide

TLDR:

Employee "jumps" after losing prototype iPhone 4. I use quotes because he claimed that security laid hands on him.

Possibly using "including unannounced home searches, solitary confinement and physical violence" in interrogating the worker.

I can't stand Apple. Everything they do rubs me the wrong way. What I especially can't stand is Apple fanboys that preach about how unbelievably amazing their iPhone is when I'm holding a far superior Galaxy S2, or to other people with HTCs etc. When I switched from the iPhone 4 (it was a gift) to the Galaxy S2, it was like comparing a Miata to a Mustang (just kidding :lol:). It was like a crappy econobox with no optional extras compared to a full sized German luxury car.

Edited by Onion

Seems like every tech company that gets big starts whining. If we could find the breaking point (revenue, employee count, products, etc.) we could write our own scientific law. Then when companies approach said breaking point, the smart companies will know not to deal with them anymore. :P

Just read the best analogy

"Apple is like that kid in the kindergarten that thinks all the toys are his. When another kid is using one he has a big hissy fit, cries and throws a tantrum."

Would be nice if companies would let up on the sueing and just continue developing.

I still find it funny that apple goes to court against companies that supply to them for their stupid i devices.

3D gaming still isn't a good technology yet. There are just way too many bugs in the system for me think about it when I am buying a video card.

I think I will be singing a different tune when 2K monitors hit the market. Hopefully people will be smart enough to make pretty much non-existent edges.

At least they give law school graduates something to do....oh wait they're an electronics company and have to create new ideas for electronics consumers......oh they can't do that, ok just resume your lawsuits Apple :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

At least they give law school graduates something to do....oh wait they're an electronics company and have to create new ideas for electronics consumers......oh they can't do that, ok just resume your lawsuits Apple :lol:

Yo Mythos how did you pull a quote from another thread :P

I can understand someone suing for prototype tech and stuff that has not come out yet..... But known tech that is common and aliked by many manufactures..... that is just rediculous. All apple wants is an embargo or monopoly on the smart phone market and apparently they are willing to stoop as low as possible to get there...

Maybe when jobs died they ran out of inventive and original idea's???

But long story short... shame on you apple.