What is Apple's issue?

Tom tom now confirmed as one of the map and more primarily the navigation provider for maps in ios6 this shall be interesting.

Indeed, I loved my TomTom GPS. When i got my phone I didn't need it anymore so my friend has been using it for a while now but it still was very easy to use and didn't fight me at every turn to find an address (I'm lookin at you Garmin)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, I loved my TomTom GPS. When i got my phone I didn't need it anymore so my friend has been using it for a while now but it still was very easy to use and didn't fight me at every turn to find an address (I'm lookin at you Garmin)

Never used a tomtom but I am damn happy with how very quickly the android navigation reroutes if you deviate, how the map rotates nicely with you, the speed and accuracy the gps updates.

In comparison to the navman from my dads work I much prefer my android phone in a cradle.

Really? Ours had a problem with asking us to do illegal things.

"Make a U-turn here"

"Trun right" onto a one way street moving to the left

"In 300 feet, turn left" while we were on a bridge

"Burn the witch" (this one always confused me)

Perhaps it was because we got them a few years ago but I've always found phone navigation to be at least as good as dedicated GPS systems and usually better. Either way, whatever helps apple sleep at night I guess.

Really? Ours had a problem with asking us to do illegal things.

"Make a U-turn here"

"Trun right" onto a one way street moving to the left

"In 300 feet, turn left" while we were on a bridge

"Burn the witch" (this one always confused me)

Perhaps it was because we got them a few years ago but I've always found phone navigation to be at least as good as dedicated GPS systems and usually better. Either way, whatever helps apple sleep at night I guess.

I've seen alot of GPSs do that, in my opinion anyone who takes them 100% literal (moreso older ones)....well, natural selection :teehee:

I believe this is the one I have: http://gps.about.com/od/incarportablegp1/gr/ONE-XLS.htm (I'll check the box when I get home)