What is Apple's issue?

:bah:

Oh that lack of removable/extended batteries

Or it's just not a gs3 which can play all the formats and more that you could possibly want with 128GB of storage and so much battery life it's riddiculous with a far better dac than current iPods/iPhones. Also the exact reasons I am going gs3 and ditching my iPod touch 4th gen.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or it's just not a gs3 which can play all the formats and more that you could possibly want with 128GB of storage and so much battery life it's riddiculous with a far better dac than current iPods/iPhones. Also the exact reasons I am going gs3 and ditching my iPod touch 4th gen.

Yep, 32GB micro sd cards are cheap now and 64gb cards are coming down. :lol: at the Apple price hikes for upping storage space on the "A"-Team

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Haha you didn't really just use camera as your one word reason why it was better.....

I mean seriously that Sony sensor was rocking in the Xperia arc for a year or whatever before it was produced for apple also. It's also not put to its full potential until its in the gs3 and in terms of apple having a revolutionary camera it reals makes me laugh out loud.

My piece of . Xperia x10 has been rocking a camera much better than the iPhone cam for a few years now haha. It might be the previous model from the Sony 8MP snapper in the iPhone but it performs better in a Sony phone where you can use it properly :lol:

Want some sample shots?

My flicker galleries one at the beach and one in some gardens the other week all photos taken with my phone. Oh an all photos are compressed by flicker so they aren't entirely full res.

http://www.flickr.co...57629312273231/

http://www.flickr.co...57629999509819/

And slight differtiation in speech "the ." and "." I am saying the intergrated navigation on android is great.

Google has just started its process of 3d maps and further development of castle and nature park walk throughs. Plus offline maps (and hopefully navigation) for android.

I feel really sorry for ios users because apple is atm planning to drop google maps for ios6 in favour of their own map service :-/

You do realize that it's not all about the sensors right? If we're looking at the 2011 Timeframe (that is to say omit the 2012 phones and focus on those released on 2011), the only camera fairly comparable to the iPhone 4S' is the Xperia Arc's. Half a year after the Arc, Apple used that same sensor and added a larger focusing range, so technically this should make the iPhone 4S' camera better when focusing on an object while other aspects should theoretically be the same. Sure it may not be revolutionary but you're question was:

How did the iPhone 4/4s top things hardware wise?

As for the Photos you took with your X10, I've no comments really. Those are some good shots IMO :thumbsup:

And for navigation, I still prefer Sygic on my iPad.. Turn by turn direction, locales mockups, quick reroutes and most importantly, 9.7 inch display :biggrin:. Honestly, I've only used the navigation premium bundled with my HTC Sensation which I assume is based on Google Maps. Good app but still buggy and not updated yet.

If rumors are to be believed, iOS 6 would introduce 3DMaps. Now this is interesting to watch since Google just introduce 3D Google Maps Yesterday, correct? :popcorn:

One thing you forget that a lot of the Apple fans also love is design. And I'll give it too them. Their devices look real good. However, lot of the other companies have discovered that beige cabinets and chunky wierd looking phones aren't really cutting it anymore. Examples of other companies making neat design would be Samsungs new Galaxy 3 and my favorite, which also tops Macbook air. Asus Zenbook. Truly an awesome design plus you avoid using that crappy OS called iOS. It's not compatible with a ton of programs, it's hard to organize, at least from my experience and various other flaws.

Apple's biggest problem is their need to stand out and need specially programmed software to work on their devices. Itunes is by far the worst piece of . ever made imo.

Yesterday today tomorrow haha depends on your point of view from what country.

However I want to know where apple is going to get their database from. Who did they buy? What have they already done?

Google has been constantly and rapidly expanding and updating their maps in recent months they have revamped lots of things. Brought back accurate time estimates for journey planner in fact their journey planner is insanely easy and friendly to use and you can make slight edits yourself for detours etc. with just a drag of the route.

Street view is great and is ever expanding to new places and they now have backpack streetview? Equipment to get some walk throughs of places where they can't get cars, bikes and snowmobiles.

I want to see what apple has but honestly can't see them catching up.

My android phone has google maps, streetview and navigation that all work fantastically for me especially the nav I love it and it works better than many dedicated gps units I have used. Helps my phone screen is 4" on a 3.5" screen like the iPhone it would be difficult can't wait to have a 4.8" beauty in a cradle playing music giving directions.

Thanks for the compliments :) I was pretty happy with them myself especially the low light ones at clodehill, they were better than I thought they would be.

Here's an Article from WSJ. Took it from iClarified

Apple had catching up to do. Employees worked on mapping designs to sub out Google's from the iPhone. They began work on a navigation app that resembles an in-car GPS device, says a person familiar with the project.

Apple also began licensing data about road-traffic conditions and local businesses from around the world. Apple needed more data for a critical step: building its new "geocoder," the code that translates longitudes and latitudes into actual addresses.

Notably, Apple has already replaced Google's geocoder for iOS. That means in the latest version of the iPhone firmware your location is now translated using Apple's technology, not Google's.

Software developers can also use a version of the Apple technology, CLGeocoder, to build apps that let users, for instance, tell their friends what neighborhood they are in or search for nearby eateries.

So they're going to make a 'Maps' app and 'Navigation' app.. Interesting.. :popcorn:

Source

Here's an Article from WSJ. Took it from iClarified

So they're going to make a 'Maps' app and 'Navigation' app.. Interesting.. :popcorn:

Source

Definately interesting. But I don't see it shaking google too much haha guess this will have to be waited out till iOS6 and possibly iPhone 5 turn up.

Been a good discussion Van but time for me to crush its getting late

Edit: also explains why my iPod told me the wrong place in maps the other day while I was able to go to the correct places using maps on my phone :lol:

Sad thing is they buy all those innovative technologies. Apple doesn't even make their own hardware for their apple computers anymore its all Intel.

And don't get me wrong I love my iPod I just hate having to put music on it because lets face it iTunes sucks.

Sad thing is they buy all those innovative technologies. Apple doesn't even make their own hardware for their apple computers anymore its all Intel.

And don't get me wrong I love my iPod I just hate having to put music on it because lets face it iTunes sucks.

lol2.gif

Haha I was just kidding. Apple's so called "innovative technologies" are usually ideas taken from other manufactures/companies.

Rant time.

Steve Jobs created the first GUI. Bravo. Since then, he's done nothing of use except dying. Although he likes to pretend he has: similar to the old scandal with Al gore claiming he "invented the internet."

Apple's business practices:

Sell prehistoric hardware at futuristic prices. Reference:

dinosauroverpicing.png

I bought my 8GB of DDR3 1600 with heatsinks (CORSAIR brand) that easily overclocked to 1840 MHz with crazy reduced timings.. For a total of $70. They want to charge a $400 total for 8GB of dinosaur RAM.

Even in today's ridiculously priced hard drive market, a 750GB 5,400 RPM hard drive isn't even $100 total, let alone $100 more than a 500GB of the same POS performance.

Create manufacturing plants in areas where slave labor is acceptable, allow working conditions to become so poor as to lead to mass suicides of employees, force 7 employees to share a room the size of a bathroom and force curfews on them. Reference:

150 threaten suicide over working condditions

**Keep in mind that $2 an hour is a highly desirable wage there.. But still not enough to keep employees from attempting mass suicide over working for Apple. Also google further on the subject, you'll find a lot more who actually jumped.

Market products that already exist like a gift from jesus himself. Reference:

iPad 3 sponsored review

I'd like to quote something from that page:

9.55pm For those of you wondering about Android tabets versus the new iPad, this is the verdict of app developer Derek Byrne of Virtual Universe: "The iPad is the tablet equivalent of a German sports car - blisteringly fast and with no requirement from its owner to do anything more than enjoy the ride. Yet even the best Android tablets still have more than a whiff of the kit car. Fast though they may be, prospective owners should be prepared to get greasy under the bonnet."

Meanwhile, the ASUS transformer prime beats the crap out of this 100 times over. I could even think of a few Android phones that do.

Deduction of three simple references:

Apple is a cry baby, a pathological liar, a finger pointing sue-monger, an unoriginal teen screaming for mommy to appreciate her ability to copy others, and a backstabbing retard of a corporate partnership. they do nothing right, and ride one idea that is years old hoping the consumers never get smart enough to stop buying their garbage.

Personally, I won't even buy an iPod anymore. I use my Android phone instead. Apple's profit is based on one factor: Gullability. Can they keep convincing the consumers that their dated and copied ideas are actually their own, original, and cutting edge? If they can, they'll keep lining their wallets. If not: The nation's IQ will rise 40 points and Apple will crumble. Afterall, they haven't ACTUALLY done anything original in almost 20 years, why would they start now if gullability no longer worked?

/rant

Edited by dragonsdontfly