What is Apple's issue?

Something I want to point out at least in aus the iPhone 32gb was $900 outright at release so you need to spend accordingly on your android phone. People that complain that $200-300 android phones don't stand up are pretty silly imo.

Look at the battery life and performance of phones like the one x, gs2 & 3 comparable or better than the iPhone 3 through 4s

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van you do know what google voice was?

Google had voice controls for ages but never bothered to expand it because frankly it is a dead end in terms of real performance. Voice commands are a real gimmicky kind of thing. Sure apple added Siri but Sammy was already developing and improving on the voice commands from the gs2.

I don't really see it going much further and it wasn't really the major focus of the gs3 either just one of a list of features in a list of features for a natural feeling.

Now we can go to other features the apple brought to ios like notifications which was well and truly built into android previously and in fact notifications on my honeycomb phone are far better than my iPod.

Then multi tasking what apple calls multi tasking is frankly a joke imo. Android has had multitasking in all sorts of forms for quite some time.

Back to gs3 :lol: I played with it the other day and frankly it blows the iPhone out of the water. They run the same camera (exactly the same as 4s and the Xperia arc, as it's Sony's sensor) but the gs3 camera takes better shots and has far more features stock than I have seen in even the most advanced camera apps for ios.

The multitasking, home screen navigation, browser videos everything absolutely everything responds quickly an well naturally for me. I had no idea how to use it but everything responded in predictable and logical ways.

One thing in apples favour that Steve specifically requested way a 3 button/press response. It is actually pretty good it means anything should be accsessable in three actions. They have now added accesses ability to camera from lock screen and that is cool but it's been done for some time on android and back to gs3 you can call, message, go to camera and web from the lock screen open notification from the lock screen again something that was eventually added to ops with the notification center.

Sure iOS is polished but it hasn't been pioneering for some time and their hardware has always fallen behind the android flagships. I honestly want the iPhone 5 to be amazing because completion is great IMO, lawsuits are pathetic tho. On all sides.

Isn't Google Voice a VOIP service? Like Skype and etc..?

iOS also had voice control before Siri. So does Nokia and Blackberry. Practically almost any smartphone has voice control but no personal assistant (is there a term for this 'personal assistant with voice'?)

Personally I don't care for multitasking on a phone since seriously, what would you use that for? Doing an essay/project on your phone? I thought that's why they invented tablets. Editing them on the go is reasonable enough but doing everything from scratch? Either you have a very good phone or you've really good pair of eyes that doesn't irritate over prolong staring. Frankly I've only used multitasking on both iPhone and Sensation to browse for cheats while playing games :P

It's understandable that the GS3 & One X is very responsive since it does pack a Quad core Exynos and Tegra 3/Snapdragon. But of all the features the GS3 have, the 4.8" screen is the most captivating for me although it's a shame it's PenTile. Hopefully doesn't show up much pixelation. Most of the other features doesn't really excite me. Sure the Camera takes pretty good shots thanks to the Sony lens and great camera software, but either than that I don't see much use of the other features. My country doesn't support LTE after all :down:

We can go a long way in finding faults of each OS and frankly it's troublesome. iOS has iMesseage while Android still uses conventional IMs. Android has turn by turn directions integrated while iOS only has Maps. iOS has Game Center while Android has.. frankly I don't know what Android has for something similar to the Game center. iOS has FaceTime while Android doesn't have anything similar. Android has Face Recognition while iOS has slide to unlock. This is endless really.

As for Hardware, it's always like this: iOS < Android < iOS < Android.

Everytime Apple releases, few month later Samsung, HTC and other would release one with better specifications. Then Apple would release another one that tops that specification and then the Android team would top it up further, and so on and so forth.

Frankly if you look at the timeline, Apple has better specs first before the Android team since they're the first to release a smartphone before the Android team did.. In fact, if you go further, you'll know that Blackberry wins since they've released smartphones with specs better than Apple at the time since iPhone wasn't even released yet :lol:

Blackberry FTW :haha:

BTW: Stoner, is the TouchWiz UI still Crappy on the GS3?

Edited by vandreadstriker

Desktops = PC

Laptops = Mac

Phones = Apple

Tablets = Apple

MP3 players = Ipods

workstations = PC

Let me fix that for you

Desktops: custom built PC

Laptops: Ultrabooks

Phones: Android

Tablets: (this is one area where apple has the lead, android tablet screen resolutions are terrible, biggest gripe with my Transformer prime) But i still went android

MP3: My phone is my mp3, no need to have both these days

Workstations: PC

How did the iPhone 4/4s top things hardware wise?

Also do not let pentile be a reason to not use the gs3 the screen is gorgeous seriously it is I watched a HD video that was pre loaded and flipped through some photos and it was great the quality of text was great and blacks where definately black.

In terms of multi tasking I hate my iPod because it always kills apps on me and I have to wait for them to load up again whereas on my phone I have more apps open longer before it kills them.

Intergrated navigation is the shit haha the amount of times I have used that when I have made a wrong turn on my journey. Speaking of game center dp you use it? I find it just pisses me off and other things like iMessage and FaceTime never get used. As there is already fb messaging ebuddy and Skype why would I want propoetery crap that requires people to have idevices. Meh

With the way my mind is going haha back to touch wiz frankly I loved it the way you controlled things was great.

A quick run down of what I liked

From lock screen it is swipe to unlock and the water ripple thing was annoying something gimmicky bit not for me however the web camera message and call icons that let you swipe to open into those apps is great I mean it is just a fantastic thing.

On the home screen you can pinch to go to a mini view of all your screens then it's tap to quickly access instead of scrolling across which you still can do. It is the old hold home to multi task instead of having a dedicated button like vanilla ICS but that's okay it makes it feel more like honeycomb and well I like honeycomb

In terms of the set up of the multitask it is great you have a scrolling list with previews of what you have open and everything is insanely zippy I tried to bog it down by rushing around switching fast opening lots of things and speed typing but it kept up with me without breaking a sweat.

Some of the ui was plain but it fit my tastes and the camera and media players where very well thought out unfortunately I didn't have my headphones on me to test the wolfson dac.

Although I am very much set on a 32/64gb model of the gs3 now and have found people to buy my phone and iPod, my camera is already sold and it will be nice to have one device.

One final thing yes the screen is huge the phone is a phablet but it is comfortable light and strong. Sits nice in the hand responds well to the touch and feels good.

/rambling

Personally I don't care for multitasking on a phone since seriously, what would you use that for? Doing an essay/project on your phone?

Frankly I've only used multitasking on both iPhone and Sensation to browse for cheats while playing games :P

I always use multitasking...

You can talk on Skype while checking OCC forums :D ...all while listening to music...and have your youtube video paused from where you was watching it..before someone started messaging you on skype :lol:

I ALWAYS use it!!!

edit: @ Muchoman

btw I meant Custom-Built PC...as when I say PC that's what I mean..otherwise I would have said Dell :P

and agree with you on the tab...my dad has a Asus Transformer and my sister has a Galaxy tab...and they still don't beat my friend's Ipad

the rest..... no

Edited by Il_napoletano

Let me fix that for you

Tablets: (this is one area where apple has the lead, android tablet screen resolutions are terrible, biggest gripe with my Transformer prime) But i still went android

A

MEN (still love that Transformer keyboard dock, but yeah people why buy MP3 players and have smartphones make me lol)

How did the iPhone 4/4s top things hardware wise?

Also do not let pentile be a reason to not use the gs3 the screen is gorgeous seriously it is I watched a HD video that was pre loaded and flipped through some photos and it was great the quality of text was great and blacks where definately black.

In terms of multi tasking I hate my iPod because it always kills apps on me and I have to wait for them to load up again whereas on my phone I have more apps open longer before it kills them.

Intergrated navigation is the . haha the amount of times I have used that when I have made a wrong turn on my journey. Speaking of game center dp you use it? I find it just pisses me off and other things like iMessage and FaceTime never get used. As there is already fb messaging ebuddy and Skype why would I want propoetery crap that requires people to have idevices. Meh

One Word: Camera. Sure it didn't top the Arc but it did top the GS2, Sensation others. And faster graphics too although that's kind of subjected to various operations. Also, Retina Display topped many other Android phones at the time too with it's 960x640 pixel count. Remember the iPhone 4 was released shortly after the GS2 and has better graphics and display although bit lacking in CPU speed. The iPhone 4S was released around 8 months after the GS2 and has better camera (although not by much), better graphics (again, not by much) and still has better display. May not be much but it still does top them hardware wise right?

It's obvious why the integrated navigation is s***. It's still based on Google maps after all. I don't use game center that much but that was just me pointing out the difference, flaws, ups & downs of iOS vs Android. Again like I said, you can go a long way discussing this and I mean a looooong way (endless even). Facetime really comes in handy since I still have friends who thinks 'Mac is the Best PC EVA!!' and I've noticed it has better connection when opposed to Skype. iMesseage is an alternative for BBM which still is one of the cheapest way to communicate here since most people are still being charged with 'pay as you go' plans here and full Blackberry service only cost like US$10/ month. That includes unlimited internet quota, BBM, Social Networking, etc..

And frankly, non of my friends goes to Facebook nowadays so FB messaging is really useless for me :biggrin:

I always use multitasking...

You can talk on Skype while checking OCC forums :D ...all while listening to music...and have your youtube video paused from where you was watching it..before someone started messaging you on skype :lol:

I ALWAYS use it!!!

Oh yeah that too. When I'm lazy to talk and just ignore them while keeping it on so they can ramble till they drop. :biggrin:

Let me fix that for you

I'm fixing this...

Phones: Apple

Tablets: Apple

MP3: Apple

For sake of curiosity: Android :whistling:

Edited by vandreadstriker

but yeah people why buy MP3 players and have smartphones make me lol)

cause at times I prefer taking my Ipod with me..(long journeys) so I don't have to take my phone charger...and a 80GB iphone cost too much :lol:

You know we have these discussions all the time and I am still amazed at the BLIND loyalty that Apple users give to Apple as examples:

Apple lies to users for years, leading them to believe that it is impossible for their computers to be attacked by Malware. When it is finally attack Apple then will not discuss fixes and instructs tech staff to not talk about the issue.

Apple spends a lot of time talking about how innovation not legal action should be the future of technology and yet is one of the leading companies at trying to sue competition out of business.

The Iphone suffers from a design flaw in the antenna placement. Apple at first blames it's customers for not knowing how to hold a phone. Then it claims it has a fix for the customers not knowing how to hold a phone in the way a simple rubber band that it will sell them. Then it reluctantly admits that it is an issue with the phone and you can get the band for free, provided you can find out how.

Apple uses a plant that is KNOWN even by Chinese labor laws to be a sweat shop and when this is discovered just shrugs and goes on.

I could go on but I think you see the point. Apple is a crap company.

BTW for those that so love thier Ipod. The Ipod is an immiation of the original MP3 players that offer a more stylized case focres you into proprietary software to NOT give you better sound but spending more money. The Ipod line is one of the BIGGEST rip offs ever done.

Edited by ComputerEd

cause at times I prefer taking my Ipod with me..(long journeys) so I don't have to take my phone charger...and a 80GB iphone cost too much :lol:

:bah:

Oh that lack of removable/extended batteries

Haha you didn't really just use camera as your one word reason why it was better.....

I mean seriously that Sony sensor was rocking in the Xperia arc for a year or whatever before it was produced for apple also. It's also not put to its full potential until its in the gs3 and in terms of apple having a revolutionary camera it reals makes me laugh out loud.

My piece of shit Xperia x10 has been rocking a camera much better than the iPhone cam for a few years now haha. It might be the previous model from the Sony 8MP snapper in the iPhone but it performs better in a Sony phone where you can use it properly :lol:

Want some sample shots?

My flicker galleries one at the beach and one in some gardens the other week all photos taken with my phone. Oh an all photos are compressed by flicker so they aren't entirely full res.

And slight differtiation in speech "the shit" and "shit" I am saying the intergrated navigation on android is great.

Google has just started its process of 3d maps and further development of castle and nature park walk throughs. Plus offline maps (and hopefully navigation) for android.

I feel really sorry for ios users because apple is atm planning to drop google maps for ios6 in favour of their own map service :-/