Funny things non computer savy friends tell you

Il_napoletano

"Internet can be wireless?"

"I won't buy anything with less than 8GB of RAM in it" when referring to a laptop for under $400

"I've been in the computer business for 20 years kid, I think I know more than you" after I assured him he didn't need 16 GB of RAM to run windows 7 without lag

"RAM is best"

"RAM"

"Why isnt there more RAM"

"RAm"

ram

ram

ford

ram

ram

Used to work as a computer salesman and whenever someone started a session with anything related to RAM I knew the sale wasn't going to go well.

did someone say ram :biggrin:

I can still remember in year 2007, my friend told me something very interesting, he told me that he friend got a computer and the computer have a graphic card with 20GB of memory.woot.gif

And his friend have a harddisk with 10000GB of space, he don't know anything about computer, so he also don't know over 1024GB would be 1TB.

Until now, I still can't figure out what graphic card he friend is using...keeptyping.gif

My father (MORE THAN ONCE) has gone into Nero (or was it Roxio, whatever...) and saved a list of the items he wanted to backup in a tiny little .text file onto a blank CD and called that his backup.

So just a 'project file] and none of that actual files are on the disc.

Then he complained later that it didn't work and I had to show him what he did wrong.

My favorite is when they expect you to fix all of their PC problems....free of course :glare:

That drives me insane. I also hate when they expect you to give them an in-depth explanation of what they did wrong and how to do it right, which would take well over 30 minutes provided they don't ask stupid questions, and then get mad at you for either saying no or giving up halfway.

This just happened in school today.

Some Student:Do know why my laptop is so loud?

Me: Does it sound like a fan or like a grinding noise?

Some Student:Sounds like a fan, why do they even put those in laptops anyway?

Me: to keep it cool

Some Student:why? its just a computer they don't get hot, they should take out the fan and put something that cools it down instead, like a mini A/C thing or like an ice pack.

Me: :pfp:

Edited by Black64
  • Like 1

3.Mac is better.

Sounds like an apple fanboy. :P

I've heard many. Some goes like this:

1. 1GB nvidia graphic cards are best and I get it in ~$50.

2. Does AMD make graphics card?

3. Once I went to a computer store when I saw a couple is buying their PC & asking the seller "What is the price of Intel core i9"?

etc etc, endless.