2012 - Who Will Be The Next President of the USA

wevsspot

Depending on who the republican nomination is, I probably just won't vote unless I'm really afraid of whoever's running against Obama. They're all in the pockets of the corporations and I don't think any of them deserve to be President.

That Cain fella looks promising.

I thought so too. I've just recently started researching his background, experience, education, politics, philosophies, plans etc. and so far I've been pretty impressed with what I've read and heard. He's offering up some fresh ideas, he has been very successful in his business life, doesn't come from a spoiled brat rich family, is pretty much self made, and most importantly isn't a career politician.

Vote for me....hell I can do a way better job at running this country then any of those jackasses..... My FIRST fix would be to add E: NONE of the Above to ALL Ballots so we can just vote all of them out of office....

any Bailouts would be given DIRECTLY to the people...the people have and they spend it...that fixes more than helping any business that just squanders money....next would be to make caps for all business...profit cap and pay caps...we can have CEOs and business making 10s of millions of dollars then saying we're broke...

Next I would lay off 2/3s or more of all government...they'd have to take the SAME insurance and retirement packages we do and term limits with NO bennies after term.... hell lets just fix it all....

good?

I get the frustration Dr, but capping profits and wages is amongst the fastest way to bring an economy to its knees. It was tried with the Carter administration (the 90% top marginal tax rate) and in the 70's with Nixon's wage and price control...we all know how that worked out. The best thing government can do is get out of the way, reduce taxes, and hold abusers accountable. By restricting profits, you remove a fundamental human desire to to better and succeed. if success and profits are capped or limited, you automatically take a certain number of risk takers (entrepreneurs ) out of the loop, these are the people that drive the economy.

...(stepping down from soapbox) :)

You guys give the Presidents way too much credit. Thanks to (arguably too many) checks and balances, they don't have anywhere near the power that many people assume they do. The President can't take a dump in the morning without 5 people giving them permission to first. Sad really, since it often prevents them from doing much of anything beneficial.

There are filthy rich corporation CEO's that have more sway on our countries future then what man is going to play Pinocchio for 4 years.

Warren Buffett has the right idea, maybe we should all vote for him :thumbsup: .

Edited by Puck

Please guys, I used to be a Ron Paul sheep too, the guy is a religious nutjob.

Seriously, read some of the batshit insane things he has said religiously or not, please.

I believe the same goes for Michele Bachmann.

I agree a lot with what Dr said and also with Red about the downside of caps on income and profit.

The BEST way to increase revenue for the country is to reform the tax code eliminating all of the loopholes that allow those with the knowledge (read money) to avoid paying taxes. This is mostly big corporations who reap billions in profit and pay nothing in taxes.

Another good step, and one that is trying to be taken, is dissociating the word "tax" with "bad". There are certain individuals who have spent untold fortunes on making this association because although it has cost in upfront cash it saves them tons in the long run. Specifically I am speaking of Rupert Murdoch, a shrewd businessman who had the foresight to see that if he could make the public feel that taxes were bad, then raising taxes would be impossible in this country and save him big bucks. So, to this end, he loses millions in specific media markets but controls what is written and therefore what most think. It has worked wonderfully for him, as the taxes the wealthy pay are currently a fraction of what they once were. In 1917, the top marginal rate was 67%, over double what it is today.

Anyway, the point is this election and indeed life in the US has become all about economics and less about the other topics. The problem is that to change the economic situation means fighting with the richest and most powerful of America because THEY DON"T WANT CHANGE. Life is good for the multimillionaire! And the good point was made by someone here that we give way too much credit to the prez. He's just one guy and wields too little political power IMHO.

Peace & :foldon: