2012 - Who Will Be The Next President of the USA

wevsspot

I haven't even touched on the fact that he's a black man, who also happens to be a conservative........ how weird is that?

Wev not as weird as the press wants you to think. I know a lot of people of color that are conservative in their views.

I have no issue with telling people I voted for Obama. The choices we had where an unknown or a flip flop old same old crapster. I took the chance with Obama since he was from Illinois and I hoped that he would send something good back to the state. Was I wrong.

The color of a man's skin is not an issue for me though I must say I was glad to see a black man finally get into the White House, it is time to move past racism and these crappy quota systems and judge people on their thoughts and actions not their skin color. I can also say I would have no issue with a woman being in office either.

My decision to back Cain is however not about race or any other meaningless factor. it is about the fact he has a plan, is not backing off it to public opinion and has real new ideas outside the same old crap that got us here. People talk about his lack of experience. Well we have had "experienced" people for some time and look at the mess they made. Bad experience is worse than no experience and all we have right now are people with experience at performing poorly with bad habits.

I think what this country really needs is congressional term limits. Getting rid of career politicians will (hopefully) get them to stop worrying about re-election, and worry more about doing their god damn jobs.

Good stuff.

I haven't even touched on the fact that he's a black man, who also happens to be a conservative........ how weird is that? I was really hoping that Obama would have a good > great presidency because I was very proud when our country elected a black man to be President. I'll be glad when we do the same with a woman some day. I just don't want Obama's failures to damage the prospects of highly qualified black men for the next two decades. I don't give a hoot about what color or what gender our President is, as long as they are qualified, morally sound, honest, good leaders with a vision of what our citizens want our country to be. Then, moving beyond that they have to have the ability, balls and political capital to execute the plan for achieving the goals in their vision.

Wev, Give Walter Williams a listen some time. besides being one of the most intelligent people on the planet, he addresses black conservatism, very interesting man.

http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/

I think what this country really needs is congressional term limits. Getting rid of career politicians will (hopefully) get them to stop worrying about re-election, and worry more about doing their god damn jobs.

:withstupid:

It seems so obvious :whistling:

Anti death penalty= we pay to keep them living comfortably in prison.

anti war= you want to pull out and leave rendering the sacrifices of thousands of service members worthless? May be no new wars but to just drop the current ones would be to spit in the face of everyone who died to get this far.

To the first part the death penalty has killed too many innocent people. Especially in Texas. Also this isn't Switzerland, our prisons are terrible. We can reduce costs in them by eliminating minor crimes and therefore have tens of thousands less inmates rather than worrying about leaving the 200 or so alive death row inmates. Also statistically it cost more to keep someone on deathrow since the government has to spend more on legal fees than they do for life sentences [citation needed but you can find it yourself since I have class soon]

To the second part that's spin of the worst kind, you don't just stay in a war because you are there, that's absolutely crazy, we have no clear goal over there except to occupy them forever. I want to pull out in order to stop the murdering of random people because they aren't white and live where the oil is. It's not a spit in the face to the soldiers since the claim that we're fighting to protect us is false and they have been lied to by our leaders in the claim that this is a "war on terror". We have killed terrorists as a side effect to our occupation, so it's not like we haven't done anything but really we are just bullying them and creating more ill will for the future.

Edited by xchrissypoox

I'd have to say it will probably be Obama or Mit Romney who will win the election overall I think Obama has done a decent job considering the circumstances that he went into

The problem with this country is the country is in tough times and we need someone to make some tough choices about what we should do next but the problem is none of the candidates want to do whats right for the country they just want to makes choices that what will get them re-elected again which typically isn't always the best for the country.

I think part of the blame can be placed on some of the American people who simply don't get how things work and what there really voting for when they go to vote for an example

the economy people simply just don't get that there isn't a magic fix to the economy the truth is it's going to be bad people are going to suffer and it's going to take a while to get out of it and there really is no magic fix that everyone seems to think exists is out there to make it all better in 6-12 months

the national debt and the country's spending habits are another example tough choices will have to be made everything like increasing taxes and cutting some government services like SS and medicare has to be put on the table

the war is another example many people just don't have a realistic view of how that works many people compare this war to the Vietnam one and thinking its a useless war and packing up and leaving will solve all the problems but don't realize that unlike Vietnam they will come after us if we leave

I think it's time for a new 3rd party to be created in this country someone with new ideas and someone whos willing to do what's right for the country and not something that only serve's there own personal interests.

*is confused by last paragraph*

Anti death penalty= we pay to keep them living comfortably in prison.

It actually costs the government more to put someone to death rather than keep them in prison for life.

Herman Cain: 'Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself.'

He seems like a nice guy who can really identify with the thousands of Americans who are currently protesting around the country. rolleyes.gif

I personally used to be a very political person. In recent years I have kinda shrugged off politics, as in reality your views and opinions are likely just to make someone angry.

I have to deal with half of my family being diehard conservatives, and the other half being union-made liberals. I would like to think that has made me more open to both sides of the issues.

The thing that is lacking today in politics is the word "Compromise" many think of it as a taboo word, that to compromise shows weakness... In reality though this country is the greatest compromise in human history. The Constitution of the United States was formed as a compromise between two different sides who had different ideas for this country.

Like many have already said there isn't much difference between the candidates.

I wouldn't say I am a liberal, but I really do get pissed off at conservatives... I try to be more of an independent/moderate, but the things conservatives say just piss me off sometimes.

For example, most conservatives are pro-life, they care about that child inside the womb. However they are also pro-death penalty, so once that child is outside of the womb, they don't care what happens to it. They don't care that the parents might be dead beats, and that the child might starve, or not be able to get a good education, they could give a . about that.... They don't want to help their fellow man, only themselves...

Liberals piss me off sometimes too, especially some of the unions. Unions have destroyed themselves, when you demand raise after raise in a flat economy and keep expecting the same, is just outright wrong. Don't get me wrong I believe that as human beings you have a right to bargain for rights, to go on strike, etc... However I also think that comes with some responsibility to treat the company with the same respect that they are giving you. I live in Wisconsin home to many Unions, and we saw some tough union cracking legislation go down the pipelines this year. This legislation was focused at public employee unions, and their rights to collectively bargain. I believe that the unions were out of control, however I think Governor Walker did the wrong thing by forcing public unions collective bargaining rights away. Personally, I think that the same effect could of been had if you were to simply take away the ability for public unions to strike. When it comes to public servants you are serving the public and when you go on strike the public suffers, which is wrong.

Ron Paul, is another Obama, an Idealist, and someone who won't be able to accomplish anything if elected. The congress won't let him push through the legislation he wants to pass... It won't happen.

I am going to leave it at this as I know where this thread is going lol...

Herman Cain: 'Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself.'

He seems like a nice guy who can really identify with the thousands of Americans who are currently protesting around the country. rolleyes.gif

He came from nothing and managed to reach the top of three different industries and wrote more then a few books and hosted his own show on the largest talk radio station in the country. And he is partly right. Too many people don't know how to live within their means. Racking up credit card debt or buying that house or car they shouldn't have. Too many people don't want to take responsibility for their own actions. They'd rather just blame all their problems on somebody else and ask where their handout is.

Edited by Raiderfan001

but the things conservatives say just piss me off sometimes.

For example, most conservatives are pro-life, they care about that child inside the womb. However they are also pro-death penalty, so once that child is outside of the womb, they don't care what happens to it. They don't care that the parents might be dead beats, and that the child might starve, or not be able to get a good education, they could give a . about that.... They don't want to help their fellow man, only themselves...

...well imagine my surprise as a conservative to find out that i don't want to help my fellow man, and only myself. I guess I was just imagining all the work I do with little brothers friends of the elderly, and big brothers organization. I will also assume I was just dreaming helping that girl named Margaret who lived under the underpass at Dowling ave and interstate 94. would you also like to pontificate on how i hate gays and assorted minorities?

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

He came from nothing and managed to reach the top of three different industries and wrote more then a few books and hosted his own show on the largest talk radio station in the country. And he is partly right. Too many people don't know how to live within their means. Racking up credit card debt or buying that house or car they shouldn't have. Too many people don't want to take responsibility for their own actions. They'd rather just blame all their problems on somebody else and ask where their handout is.

Well I can't say I agree whole heartedly with Herman Cain's statement, because Malmsteen has a good point, right now it's really tough to find work, and it's not always up to each individual if they can get work. I do with your last sentence specifically though, there are many people out there that are ruined because the government hands them a check each month for doing nothing at all, with a system like that, those people get it into their heads that they shouldn't bother to contribute to society and they simply become lazy and lack initiative.

Ron Paul or Herman Cain. That's it. If they aren't one of the choices I am not voting. Obama is a trash bag and the other Republican canidates are buisness as usual trash bags. Politics are corrupt and the United States is no longer the land of the free. It is on the verge of becoming a cesspool of pain, suffering and a police state.