2012 - Who Will Be The Next President of the USA

wevsspot

Vote for me....hell I can do a way better job at running this country then any of those jackasses..... My FIRST fix would be to add E: NONE of the Above to ALL Ballots so we can just vote all of them out of office....

any Bailouts would be given DIRECTLY to the people...the people have and they spend it...that fixes more than helping any business that just squanders money....next would be to make caps for all business...profit cap and pay caps...we can have CEOs and business making 10s of millions of dollars then saying we're broke...

Next I would lay off 2/3s or more of all government...they'd have to take the SAME insurance and retirement packages we do and term limits with NO bennies after term.... hell lets just fix it all....

good?

Hey now...

I'm a guvment contractor. You gonna axe me? :whistling:

I want to see a candidate that wants implement taxes on imported goods again. We're sending too much of our money overseas so that we can save a couple bucks. Not to mention the loss of jobs.

Also, I'd like to see somebody that doesn't really believe in the concept of "illegal" immigrants. The main reason America became a superpower was the concept of the American Dream. Now we're "too good" for people from other countries. Arrogant nationalism makes me sick.

I guess I just find it kind of funny that there really isn't anyone that represents me well at all, I only have the lesser of the evils to choose from I guess would be the way to put it.

That is exactly how most of australia feels about our politicians. so much so, that neither leader of the two major political parties has an approval rating over 35%. Its sad that its become a case of "i'm only voting for you because i trust / like the other guy less"

The only.. only viable Rep. candidates are Romney and Huntsman, but they're too centrist for the radical right at this point. I will gladly vote to re-elect Obama if anyone but Romney or Huntsman slides in. Those two are the only candidates the Rep party has propped up that actually have a grasp on reality.

Yup, my opinion. I will admit though, I am glad to see the diversity of opinion here, least it isn't a cult-ish sort of "We must all vote for xyz" :)

. I will gladly vote to re-elect Obama if anyone but Romney or Huntsman slides in

I heard this the other day and love it...

"If you voted for Obama to prove you where not racist, now vote for Cain to prove you are not stupid" :cheers:

Right now the biggest problem this nation faces is the economy, it is that simple. Nothing the left or right has tried to do has had any effect in making things better. Cain is proposing something no one has had the guts to try. If the other methods have NOT worked and all the experts say they should then why not try a new methods the so called experts say will not work.

As for an earlier point about taxes being or not being evil. It is not the atxes themselves but the abuse of them that is evil. The current taxt system is not about providing the funding needed to keep the government going, it is about bribing votes. It does not matter if it is the left telling the poor how they are so abused or the right wanting to protect the rich the current tax system is designed to be used for political clout. While the 999 system is not perfect it does eliminate the use of the tax code as a way to buy the voting public. THAT is a good thing.

As for our national debit, it has never been about how much money our government brings in, it is about how much it spends. You cannot create debit becuase of how much you make and reducing debt is not about raising your income. Anything to do with debt, creating or reducing starts and ends with spending. We cannot tax our way out of the debit we have, it will not work. We have to have a government that can learn to live within it's means and a society that will learn that they have to do some for themselves and not wait for others to do it for them.

Cain is the ONLY candidate, including Obama, that I have listen to that actually seems to understand the world through the eyes of real people and not the political elitist view. Obama was right about one thing, we need a change. However his same old political hack crap was not change, I believe Cain is. Is he the right kind of change? I guess we truly cannot know until we try but I do know that more of the same, which is what the other candidates are about will destroy us. So we have a choice, go with the destruction and mess we know or take a chance and have enough courage to actually try something new.

Ron Paul because he's anti death penalty, and anti war. Really other than that most of the change he wants has to happen in the congress.

He would be the commander and chief of the military and has been adamantly opposed to the war based on constitutionality so I'd like to see if he withdraws or moves to congress to have them officially declare war.

Really every candidate is terrible so I'd like to vote for Paul so he can shake things up a bit, but I'm not convinced the presidency has as much power as the media claims it does, it seems to be just a scapegoat for congress. Also I'm not convinced he wouldn't fall in line like Obama.

Unfortunately I think that if elected Ron Paul will be the scape goat for the previous presidents all the way back to Vietnam. Not the scapegoat we deserved but the scapegoat we needed. We'll blame him. We may even condemn him. And the media will set the dogs on him. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

Edited by xchrissypoox

Ron Paul because he's anti death penalty, and anti war. Really other than that most of the change he wants has to happen in the congress.

He would be the commander and chief of the military and has been adamantly opposed to the war based on constitutionality so I'd like to see if he withdraws or moves to congress to have them officially declare war.

Really every candidate is terrible so I'd like to vote for Paul so he can shake things up a bit, but I'm not convinced the presidency has as much power as the media claims it does, it seems to be just a scapegoat for congress. Also I'm not convinced he wouldn't fall in line like Obama.

Unfortunately I think that if elected Ron Paul will be the scape goat for the previous presidents all the way back to Vietnam. Not the scapegoat we deserved but the scapegoat we needed. We'll blame him. We may even condemn him. And the media will set the dogs on him. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

*is confused by last paragraph*

Anti death penalty= we pay to keep them living comfortably in prison.

anti war= you want to pull out and leave rendering the sacrifices of thousands of service members worthless? May be no new wars but to just drop the current ones would be to spit in the face of everyone who died to get this far.

I am a Honky for Herman and PROUD of it! :thumbsup:

Good stuff.

I haven't even touched on the fact that he's a black man, who also happens to be a conservative........ how weird is that? I was really hoping that Obama would have a good > great presidency because I was very proud when our country elected a black man to be President. I'll be glad when we do the same with a woman some day. I just don't want Obama's failures to damage the prospects of highly qualified black men for the next two decades. I don't give a hoot about what color or what gender our President is, as long as they are qualified, morally sound, honest, good leaders with a vision of what our citizens want our country to be. Then, moving beyond that they have to have the ability, balls and political capital to execute the plan for achieving the goals in their vision.

I'm kind of curious about something, how many of you guys would say you agree with all the policies of the candidate you currently support?

Personally I probably disagree with more points of Ron Paul than I agree with but most of the disagreed upon points are just a lot of little things I think, while bigger issues I would say I agree with. I guess I just find it kind of funny that there really isn't anyone that represents me well at all, I only have the lesser of the evils to choose from I guess would be the way to put it.

I do not wholeheartedly agree with 100% of any of the candidates including our current pres. Out of them all I judge Ron Paul as closest but even some of his ideas need to be put back in the Locker for another day. :whistling:

Please guys, I used to be a Ron Paul sheep too, the guy is a religious nutjob.

Seriously, read some of the batshit insane things he has said religiously or not.

Honestly, this is where political discussions really go downhill in my opinion. I'm fine with someone saying they think someone is crazy but it's nice to see some evidence of it. Something a lot of people don't seem to understand about politics is that many things are covered up intentionally, meaning the stuff that could be interpreted as "batshit insane" so it's not going to be easy to find that material. If you know about this stuff it's easier to explain your opinion by linking to it than telling others to look for it.

Personally I don't consider myself any politician's "sheep" the only thing I'm a sheep to at the moment is Minecraft. :lol:

I want to see a candidate that wants implement taxes on imported goods again. We're sending too much of our money overseas so that we can save a couple bucks. Not to mention the loss of jobs.

Also, I'd like to see somebody that doesn't really believe in the concept of "illegal" immigrants. The main reason America became a superpower was the concept of the American Dream. Now we're "too good" for people from other countries. Arrogant nationalism makes me sick.

I agree completely on that first statement, this was one of the reasons I support Donald Trump when he was planning to run, he encouraged the idea of taxing imported good, specifically China.

As for immigration, personally I'm against illegal immigrants because I believe it shows disrespect for our laws and country.

*is confused by last paragraph*

Anti death penalty= we pay to keep them living comfortably in prison.

anti war= you want to pull out and leave rendering the sacrifices of thousands of service members worthless? May be no new wars but to just drop the current ones would be to spit in the face of everyone who died to get this far.

Living comfortably in prison? Pretty sure prison doesn't work that way, I'll admit prison doesn't work the way it should but very few men find it to be a comfortable place to live.

Personally if I went through an experience like dying from having my leg blown off, I don't think I would be up in heaven going "Well I hope they don't seafood out on my account!" Probably my first thought would be "I hope no one else has to go through that experience!"

One thing you have to remember about history is that it is what I person makes it, there are facts in history but there are more opinions. How many people died in this or that war is one thing, but the outcome is decided by whoever is left standing, and when both sides are left standing, they both consider themselves winners in their history books.