Formula 1 Discussion thread

Nyt

Hey guys,

So Im pretty bored now , I finished my I.T Practical 3.5 hour exam this morning and have 5 days to rest and study for Science and then my I.T Theory exam ...

But anyway I just wanted to find out who you guys support in Formula 1 racing ?

I thought it was a very interesting race in Montreal , the rain caused some rather interesting scenarios .

I've been a Lewis Hamilton fan ever since Michael Schumacher left and Michael hasnt been as great as in his prime .

Im pretty excited for next week's Valencia Grand Prix :) Hopefully Lewis can take this one and not collide with other guys :P

So who do you support ?

Edit 24/06/2011 : I thought we could make this into a discussion thread where we can talk about the events , performances , new rules etc for this season as we roll through the year

But anyway I just wanted to find out who you guys support in Formula 1 racing ?

Been a McLaren fan since I was 5 back in days of Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthard! :D

I thought it was a very interesting race in Montreal , the rain caused some rather interesting scenarios .

I've been a Lewis Hamilton fan ever since Michael Schumacher left and Michael hasnt been as great as in his prime .

Im pretty excited for next week's Valencia Grand Prix smile.gif Hopefully Lewis can take this one and not collide with other guys tongue.gif

So who do you support ?

Canada was an awesome race, I was going to stop watching after the 2 hour red flag because it was getting late. Boy, am I glad I didn't. Button's comeback was AMAZING!! Personally I can't wait to see Vettel in Valencia, I mean he finally makes a mistake costing him a win, I wonder how it will affect his confidence?

I think everyone knows I might be a racing fan :P F1 is awesome, the technology behind those cars is something else! Quite a few times during the season, I make sure I'm up in the middle of the night to watch the race live :doh: I still get angry when I think about Ecclestone's ego and the US Grand Prix that is no longer, man I loved going to that race when it was here! But, Ecclestone is a douche :-/

I also like Hamilton, as well as anyone beating the Ferrari's :D

Big fan of F1 in general...and I have enjoyed watching Vettel dominate this season. Sad Schumi isn't like he was in his prime, but can't say I am surprised either.

Oh and screw KERS. Bring back 1100hp turbocharged monsters and make them shift like men. Ayrton Senna is by far my favorite driver because he did what the guys do now with 300+ more hp and he did it one handed!

I'm a big fan of F1, haven't missed a race on TV for several seasons, but it gets a little processional at times but KERS and DRS have certainly made things a little more interesting this season.

Is Vettel the best driver at the moment or do Red Bull have the best car? Interesting question.

It would be nice if they all had the exact same car then it came down to driver skill but that would destroy the whole team system so for the moment I suppose money talks?

Big fan of F1 in general...and I have enjoyed watching Vettel dominate this season. Sad Schumi isn't like he was in his prime, but can't say I am surprised either.

Oh and screw KERS. Bring back 1100hp turbocharged monsters and make them shift like men. Ayrton Senna is by far my favorite driver because he did what the guys do now with 300+ more hp and he did it one handed!

I hate KERS and DRS, its so annoying, its should be more about driver skills in overtaking, not just breezing down a straight like a cruise missile on steroids.

Is Vettel the best driver at the moment or do Red Bull have the best car? Interesting question.

I think its the driver. Vettel gets so much more out of the car than Webber, don't get me wrong though Webber is a brilliant driver.

I still get angry when I think about Ecclestone's ego and the US Grand Prix that is no longer, man I loved going to that race when it was here! But, Ecclestone is a douche

Wasn't the reason that Indianapolis was cancelled because of the safety issue with the tyres where the left-sided tires wear out way quicker and it was a safety concern, causing only 4 teams to race Indianapolis that year, I think.

Wasn't the reason that Indianapolis was cancelled because of the safety issue with the tyres where the left-sided tires wear out way quicker and it was a safety concern, causing only 4 teams to race Indianapolis that year, I think.

Yeah, pretty much. Was a complete embarassment, but basically the tires were blowing and sending people into the wall in the oval part of indy. This is a very high speed part of the course, so it was not a good situation and the tire manufacturer stepped in and took responsibility. The damage was done though, and only 4 teams ran that year.

Yeah, pretty much. Was a complete embarassment, but basically the tires were blowing and sending people into the wall in the oval part of indy. This is a very high speed part of the course, so it was not a good situation and the tire manufacturer stepped in and took responsibility. The damage was done though, and only 4 teams ran that year.

Yeah, the Pirelli tires this year are.... AMAZING. They add soo much to the sport.

im not sure if anyone has seen the list of tracks for next year but texas is building a track just for f1 and will be on the schedule for next year. i saw that during the 2 hour red flag.... yep sat there and watched all of it. but on topic I do like vettal, after watching in, i belive Catalunya, where his drs system wasnt working right and still being able to hold off second place just shows that he is a good driver.

Absolutely not. That race did suck, I was there, but it was the tire manufacturers fault, not the IMS. But, F1 came back after that, so that crappy race didn't end it. When F1 and the IMS were negotiating the next contract, Ecclestone wanted to drastically raise ticket prices for the US Grand Prix. However, the IMS wanted to keep the prices reasonable for the American F1 Fans, especially since it had the highest attended F1 race of the season, since the inaugural running in Indy. Ecclestone wouldn't budge on raising the ticket prices, and the contract didn't get renewed :cry: