Car Mod Thread -- PICTURES!

BluePanda

Interesting shade. :nyea:

It'll be the same color as the paint in the trays after a few coats. :)

whats with the straw full of paint, tell me you didn't!

I used it to stir the paint before we mixed it with the mineral spirits. :lol: The way this stuff smells you would NOT want it in your mouth. :teehee:

The rest of the paint is being applied with rollers so I'm not worried about any more paint getting on them -- only reason I didn't care about masking them up in the first place.

Ah, that's fine then. :thumbsup:

I assumed you would be spraying

Second coat

Already looking a lot more orange. Unfortunately the night light doesn't give her much justice but I think you get the gist!! Purdy smooth if I do say so myself. 2 DOWN!!!

The paint in the darkness -- to give you an idea how much lighting has an effect.

DSCN1940.JPG

DSCN1936.JPG

DSCN1937.JPG

DSCN1938.JPG

DSCN1939.JPG

Well this one makes it look a little more like daylight! Beyond taking my favorite camera out for some real shots this old camera isn't half bad after making it to the beach and down the slopes!

DSCN1942.JPG

Awesome job! Never heard of painting a car this way. Do you plan on wet-sanding it and clear-coating it after the stripes are applied and everything's done? BTW yall shoulda covered up the tires ;)

Awesome job! Never heard of painting a car this way. Do you plan on wet-sanding it and clear-coating it after the stripes are applied and everything's done? BTW yall shoulda covered up the tires ;)

We've been wet sanding in between coats... oh so much fun! haha. It won't need a clear coat once it's all done. We'll polish it and buff it up to a nice shinny tiger.

The tires only have primer on them so it's soft enough to wash away and wear away in the next drive. :D

looking good, did quite a few this way back in the day, but remember, the more thinner you add the less shine it will have, and hopefully there will be no swarms of flying ants on the go,(happened to me) not a pretty site.lol