Car Mod Thread -- PICTURES!

BluePanda

Ahh, so the pics are without wet sanding. Still, its fairly shiny even without that. The paint you're using is an outdoors paint then, like not an interior paint but an exterior one for patio furniture and the like?

Yeah, surprisingly shiny. I expected it to be pretty freakin' dull until we polished it. It's a new paint from Valspar made for metal that's outdoors 24/7. Supposedly it won't fade, crack, chip, etc even when baking all day long in the sun. :)

Edited by Waco

Here's another addition to the paint job. Have to give Waco props on the paint job here...

DSCF3725.JPG

DSCF3727.JPG

I think these will look pretty nice when she's all said and done.

At the moment I can not decide whether I'll do a 10th coat tonight or just go ahead and mask of the tiger stripes. To make it PERFECT orange I think I'd need at least three more coats -- I don't know that I want it that perfect... hummm... :blush:

Yeah, surprisingly shiny. I expected it to be pretty freakin' dull until we polished it. It's a new paint from Valspar made for metal that's outdoors 24/7. Supposedly it won't fade, crack, chip, etc even when baking all day long in the sun. :)

Sounds like a good kind of paint if it holds true. I thought you were sanding it down before each picture for the shine, but yeah, I think after a polish you could blind people with the paint. :lol:

At the moment I can not decide whether I'll do a 10th coat tonight or just go ahead and mask of the tiger stripes. To make it PERFECT orange I think I'd need at least three more coats -- I don't know that I want it that perfect... hummm... :blush:

The hubcaps look nice, should go very well with the overall paint job. As for more coats, I think it looks good how it is. Maybe see how it looks after a day and decide if its worth it for more coats, but to me, it looks good already.

You masked off the key-holes right? XD

:lol: Nope. I've been routinely jamming the keys into the locks and turning them both ways to keep them from getting gummed up. I like it when the locks actually match the color of the car. :cool2:

What a day... stuck with the 9 coats. It looked awesome after it dried, absolutely no need for more perfection. :D

Decided to go for the stripes tonight -- wow, who thought it would take so long to tape everything off! It took about three hours of straight tape, tape, tape, tape, tape, tape... oh and more tape with newspaper.

Then about ten minutes later spray here spray there and we have the black stripes on. Now to let them dry nicely over night and will see some results in the morning as the painful process of removing all the tape and paper gently unfolds... EXCITING!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

Here's some pictures from tonight... (few of em might be a bit blurry -- we lost daylight early on.)

DSCN1995.JPG

DSCN1996.JPG

DSCN1997.JPG

DSCN1998.JPG

DSCN1999.JPG

DSCN2000.JPG

DSCN2001.JPG

DSCN2002.JPG

DSCN2003.JPG

DSCN2004.JPG

DSCN2005.JPG

DSCN2006.JPG

DSCN2007.JPG

DSCN2008.JPG

DSCN2009.JPG

YAY!!! Sorry if I has too many pictures... this thread is overloaded with them already I know... but so close to the end now!!!!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

ALMOST A TIGER!!! ALMOST