Car Mod Thread -- PICTURES!

BluePanda

If you think case modding is a pain in the butt...car modding is definitely worse. :teehee: We literally spent the last 4+ hours straight outside taping lines, masking things off, and painting.

I do think the lines turned out rather well considering our combined artistic ability is about even with your average 8 year old. :lol:

In the morning we'll carefully pull off all the masking and tape and unleash the 2000 Chevrolet TIGER. :woot:

You could have spared some extra newspaper for the headlight holes. :P

It looks real good though, can't wait to see how it'll be with the tape all taken off.

Can't wait for the unveiling! It's too late now though, but I will make the suggestion that generally you want to pull the tape off right after the paint has set - i.e. half of an hour or so. Doing so after it dries can cause the paint to "tear" at the edges. It may be different with the type of paint you're using though.

Can't wait for the unveiling! It's too late now though, but I will make the suggestion that generally you want to pull the tape off right after the paint has set - i.e. half of an hour or so. Doing so after it dries can cause the paint to "tear" at the edges. It may be different with the type of paint you're using though.

YOU ARE NOT TOO LATE MY FRIEND!!! GOING FOR IT!!!!!! ASkljf;aljfkdl;asjfkajfasl;jfkaljfkalsf

lakjflkjf

asljfks;aljfk

YES... WINNING! haha not Charlie Sheen style but BLUEPANDA style... haha Pictures pending then!?!?!?! lol

Could take awhile...

Yeah - I was worried about the tearing - going to go pull it off now. I didn't realize it was better to pull it off sooner than later - when I did my Lumina's racing stripes I pulled them off the next day *very* carefully.

Not to derail the conversation on your car, BluePanda, but how many colors are in Waco's hair? ... and why?

To be honest, he has normal hair! lol. It's the lack of my little camera's ability to handle night pictures. I would have used my good camera but I felt my old beach/snowboarding camera would be best for a large area of paint and messy things. lol. I'll get some good shots when it's done with my "real" camera. But these have been great for general purpose!

THE STRIPES... THEY DO EXIST!

Thanks to airman we took of the tape tonight... even more THANKS to airman as we found out there is a blown sprinkler head right in front of where my car is parked. Had we not been out there I would have been able to stand on it and save the fresh black paint!!! :D You don't know how much you are appreciated tonight airman. :P

DSCN2018.JPG

A bucket was much easier than standing there all night...

so... after a nice bag of tape...

DSCN2021.JPG

TIGER SHE BE

DSCN2022.JPG

DSCN2023.JPG

DSCN2024.JPG

DSCN2025.JPG

DSCN2026.JPG

DSCN2027.JPG

DSCN2028.JPG

DSCN2029.JPG

I have plenty more pictures, including as the tape was pulled away... but to avoid too many here I'll have them up on the little webpage tomorrow. As for tonight, Panda is sleepy and doesn't want to play post pictures anymore. I will take some more pictures in the morning to show the real orange and stripes. But then it needs to rest a couple of days before any more progress can be made. I hope you guys are enjoying the car/project as much as I -- especially considering you don't have to do the work. :P

:cheers:

To be honest, he has normal hair! lol. It's the lack of my little camera's ability to handle night pictures. I would have used my good camera but I felt my old beach/snowboarding camera would be best for a large area of paint and messy things. lol. I'll get some good shots when it's done with my "real" camera. But these have been great for general purpose!

Well, now you know how he'd look if you put a monkey on his shoulder with purple, blue, gray, white, and green hair die on its hands.

Edited by Guest_Jim_*