Car Mod Thread -- PICTURES!

BluePanda

:lol: That I did. It's...original. :P

haha yeah

That is actual Clemson purple too.

I think it'd look good with both bumpers and the roof purple.

That way you only have to paint the trunk, hood and side panels, the pillars will look fine with out the striping.

lolfot.jpg

I think that's exactly what we're looking for. Getting the front end to look "not weird" seems to be the hardest part. :lol:

Yeah, the front end looks weird no matter what I've done to it so far. Always is tricky, you could leave part of it blank even.

I know it's different than what BP has and he's winning, but here's the best I come up with, at least for the front

Blue panda tiger.jpg

I know it's pretty rough, but that's the idea I have in my head, trying to emulate the face of a tiger, roughly.

Nice guys... well it's washed and sanded down, ready for primer in the morning... pictures to come. Should have the first coat of orange on by tomorrow afternoon!! Like the ideas so far! Great work to everyone! Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

LOL I wanna come watch while ya'll do this! Are you gonna rattle-can it or are you gonna just a compressor + spray gun?

Neither... guess. lol.

Just taped the windows and trim -- about to go primer...

I read a dope article a long time ago about a guy who used regular outside/house paint (Rustoleum I think?) on his old 69 Charger. I think Sherman Williams made the paint.

He actually used a roller instead of a brush.

It came out beautiful though. I believe he added some sort of mineral oil or water or something to the paint.

If I can find the article again I will edit this post and add it in.

Good luck man.. Take your time.. In between paint coats do some light wet sanding with high grit sandpaper.

EDIT: This is not the exact link, but it's roughly the same paint/concept. I am pretty sure he used a roller and not a foam brush though.

http://www.instructa...o-paint-your-c/

I'm still looking for it.

EDIT: EDIT:

Sort of found it. The guy does not seem to have his website up anymore, but I found his post on the Mopar forums. $50 Dollar Paintjob using Tremclad paint and rollers.

You might have to do some looking around but Tremclad is a Canadian product and I do not remember what the U.S. sister part is.

Check this out though.. It's just awesomesauce! - 9th Post down by 69chargeryeehaa

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2331682&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

This is just pure sexy..

DSC02769.jpg