H50 to H70

fate2189

Hey guys, I currently have a H50 with a delta 120mm fan on it running at 35-4200rpm..and was wondering, is it worth the upgrade to get a H70?..my temps are currently 28cidle and 37 max load..I had the same temps with my zalman and I know its not my airflow since Im using a full tower and its pretty much empty..push in pull set up.

Hey guys, I currently have a H50 with a delta 120mm fan on it running at 35-4200rpm..and was wondering, is it worth the upgrade to get a H70?..my temps are currently 28cidle and 37 max load..I had the same temps with my zalman and I know its not my airflow since Im using a full tower and its pretty much empty..push in pull set up.

Whats wrong with those temps? The H70 wont be significantly better I dont think.

Im hoping you've looked into a push/pull config (with the delta being the additional pull fan, im thinking thats what your referencing "push in/pull setup).

If not, a change in fans or the addition of a second fan to the rad setup would be more rewarding in price/performance considerations.

The temps you got look good (even better then good). I wouldn't mess with it unless you just want to.

Save your money for something else you really need. Like maybe a hair cut. :P

Edited by dling

Nothing was really wrong with the temps I was just hoping from something a little cooler other then going all out with a whole water cooling setup. I was basically at little disappointed on the H50 because my Zalman did then same temps. Its alot more quieter then the Heatsink by far. Thanks for the input everyone I appreciate then help.

Im hoping you've looked into a push/pull config (with the delta being the additional pull fan, im thinking thats what your referencing "push in/pull setup).

If not, a change in fans or the addition of a second fan to the rad setup would be more rewarding in price/performance considerations.

So far the set up on my fans is the 3 230mm fans the case came with, front pull side pull and top exhaust, and my added fans the delta on the radiator as the exhaust and one more fan on the bottom as a exhaust, would that set up be sufficient ?

Unfortunately, I think sometimes that people have the wrong impression about water cooling and the advantages it has over air cooling. The H50 is a great kit, but it's only going to be a little better than high end air coolers and that's all it was designed to be. I think your temps are good and I'd be happy with them. If you want something better then save your money and buy a full water kit. The XSPC full kits are a fantastic deal and offer great performance for the price. I've probably used 8 of the RS240 kits in the last 2 months for custom builds and no one has had a complaint with the performance or noise levels.

Thanks

Unfortunately, I think sometimes that people have the wrong impression about water cooling and the advantages it has over air cooling. The H50 is a great kit, but it's only going to be a little better than high end air coolers and that's all it was designed to be. I think your temps are good and I'd be happy with them. If you want something better then save your money and buy a full water kit. The XSPC full kits are a fantastic deal and offer great performance for the price. I've probably used 8 of the RS240 kits in the last 2 months for custom builds and no one has had a complaint with the performance or noise levels.

Thanks

:withstupid: Nuclear hit the nail on the head with the next logical step from a H50 is a full blown WC loop! And those XSPC kits are a phenominal value for the price

never worth it...

Correct if you are not overclocking or don't want a monster OC. But, if a person is looking for some OCing headroom, and really wants to push their chips, then WCing provides that possibility! We are on OCC, so you can figure that a few of us on here will want to do that :evilgrin: Most people who want to really push their systems, and are considering WCing, understand the cost is going to be higher. I know when I built my loop, performance was more important than the cost, even though I got great deals on everything ;) But, man under $130 for that XSPC kit with a 240mm rad ( I got over 4.3GHz on my 240mm BIX ) is just slightly more costly than what the OP in considering, as well as some high-end air coolers out there!

No need for the glass half full of water attitude, when you can have a loop all the way full of water :cheers: