2011 Firearms Discussion

SpeedCrazy

******NOTE***** I am only going to say this ONE time so listen up. This thread had better turn a round into a civil discussion or there WILL be issues of warnings and bans. I for one, have my own personal views but those views should NOT be posted where topics can or will get out of hand. Grow Up and be civil or this thread goes bye bye and so do a few of you for a short few days...or longer I will NOT tolerate flaming or trolling of any sort and for the record everyone IS entitled to their own opinion nomatter how useless that opinion is in another eyes....think about that for a minute

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Doc's warning I'm going to be the first to help turn a heated topic back into a civil discussion :)

Andrew05 - I've also got a Ruger Mk II

Mine is the taper barrel. I bought it new back in 1982 from a local hardware store. It is one of my favorite pistols to just plink and shoot. It's in like-new condition though. This is the one I'll eventually pass on to my son and then he will pass down to my grandsons.

bp9801 - the restrictions/requirements in NM seem crazy! That completely surprised me because I thought NM would be one of the most least restrictive states for firearm regulations.

I've got an old rifle that I inherited from my grandpa. I'll post up some pics later on.

Of the guns I own;

Favorite pistol = Ruger Mk II

Second favorite = Ruger P89

Favorite big game hunting rifle = Remington 700 ADL in .270

Favorite small game hunting rifle = Ruger 10/22 stainless with syn stock

Favorite shotgun - hard one to call here but I guess I got to give the nod to my old Stevens side by side 12 gage that still takes pheasant to this day

Favorite training/practice rifle - Daisy/Avanti Model 753 Elite

Edited by wevsspot

i just realized here i am a well spoken civilized person arguing with the likes

of redneck inbreeder's. you boys have fun with your toys because ya wont have them for much longer

and ladies remember that the bigger gun the smaller the man

If you want to look at the gun argument logically when it comes to gun bans if you look at the numbers from around the world nation's which have light restrictions on gun ownership or require them to own one tend to have lower levels of crime then ones that have gun bans in place. The problem with guns laws is to many of them just don't work like some others have already said most guns used in crimes are stolen form law abiding citizens and because most criminals don't care about the law the only person who get's hurt is the law abiding citizen having to give up his gun or gun privileges.

I think when it comes to gun laws in America they are pretty balanced they just need to enforce current gun laws instead of adding new ones and things would probably get better.

I do have to agree with you though that guns aren't for every one like some pro gun people would have you believe in my opinion of it is if you want to own a gun and use it responsibly that's fine but to promote the idea that guns are like cell phones and everyone should carry one around isn't a good idea.

I'd also like to add that in many countries gun bans also = repression or abuse of the common citizenry.

While in America we would be well outgunned by our government if it ever came about, I'd like to think that a well armed populace tends to help keep the government in check to some extent :)

Maybe I just take our founding beliefs a bit more seriously then most, but I feel that ANY citizen without a Felony record has the right to own a gun and protect their homes and property. Banning guns is a tactic used by corrupted Governments to further their oppressive grip on the populace. Instead of serving the people they want to be in complete control of everything...what better way to prevent revolts then to make sure nobody has any weapons?

"People shouldn't fear the Government - thats the issue. The Government should fear the people's right to pack a pistol."

Edited by Puck

Actually gun laws in the US have been relaxing, even more so at the State level. I think that the majority of people regardless of party don't have a problem with individuals owning guns. A large problem is politics. Most big pushes for gun control have been born out of a specific incident, the Brady Bill for instance. Something horrible happens, people freak out and demand that their Representatives DO SOMETHING, DO IT NOW! So bills get passed in the emotion of the moment to keep constituents happy, regardless of whether there are any facts to support the action.

Recently, events at Fort Hood and AZ have got people stoked up again, but again, there are no facts to support gun control as as solution. High cap magazine ban? Given the time the AZ shooter took to do his grisly business, he could have emptied and replaced 100 standard cap magazines. In both cases there is a demonstrated failure of someone dropping the ball, in both cases the shooters were known by many to be unstable.

Here's an interesting graphic about how gun rights have been rebounding in the US: (click to animate)

post-9889-13008997490086_thumb.gif

The average gunowner can change magazines in ~5 seconds.

Now take into consideration that it is easier to conceal multiple 15 round magazines that it is to conceal one 30 round mag.

Wait, hold on a second...

BAN ALL 15 ROUND MAGAZINES!

:P

Let's see... I have a

Kimber Gold Match .45 1911

S&W mod. 60 .357 revolver

Ruger Mark III .22 with the 8 inch barrel. I put a Leupold Delta Point red sight on it.

Walther PPKS .380

Ruger LCP .380 which is my carry.

Andrew05 - I've also got a Ruger Mk II

Mine is the taper barrel. I bought it new back in 1982 from a local hardware store. It is one of my favorite pistols to just plink and shoot. It's in like-new condition though. This is the one I'll eventually pass on to my son and then he will pass down to my grandsons.

I really like them too, sure they don't have much stopping power (I'm doubtful that you'd get much more than bruise if you were shot in the chest with one @ 100 yards) but they're a blast to plink with.

Pretty damn accurate too, admittedly I haven't cleaner mine in quite awhile but it is still pretty true.

I imagine if I took it down and cleaned it it would be even better.

The average gunowner can change magazines in ~5 seconds.

Now take into consideration that it is easier to conceal multiple 15 round magazines that it is to conceal one 30 round mag.

Wait, hold on a second...

BAN ALL 15 ROUND MAGAZINES!

So larger ones are okay? :biggrin: They are too slow. :thumbsup:

*goes to get 100 round drum magazines*.