2011 Firearms Discussion

SpeedCrazy

It just seems like these situations could go any number of ways and like I said before usually in gun discussions the pro side usually give the best case scenario best results which can give some people the wrong idea about the usage of guns.

For example the person being mugged example the best case which usually given is you point a gun at him and he either runs away or you keep him there until the police arrive but there is also the point that a gun can make things worse like if the muggers friend happened to see you pull a gun on his friend or while your holding him there until the police arrive he might shoot you right there and if you had just given the mugger what he wanted you could have both been on your own way.

Okay, to begin with, if you are being mugged for money, simple answer, give it to him. Chances are you wont have much on your person and its better to be in one piece and be able to file a police report than have a needless death on your conciseness. Personally i only advocate using a lethal weapon in a life or death situation. (or in protection of a woman....need i say more see first post pic if in doubt)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i only advocate using a lethal weapon in a life or death situation.

Generally that's pretty much how the legal system will see it also.

Personally i only advocate using a lethal weapon in a life or death situation. (or in protection of a woman....need i say more see first post pic if in doubt)

stupid.gif

Although the wording in some state constitutions allows the use of a deadly weapon to prevent any felonious activity, such as my home state of Georgia, one would be ill-advised to brandish a weapon in response to a simple mugging. Regardless of what the laws are you're going to be in a tough spot if you have to defend yourself should the situation deteriorate to where you use your weapon. It would be hard to justify shooting someone because he demanded your wallet. I can get more money, replace my credit cards, and get a new wallet. These things are insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

That said I would certainly prefer to have my weapon on me in case those same criminals had more than theft in mind.

I am so glad I live in AZ!!!!!!! It was always an open carry state.. But Nowadaze anyone over 21 can put their pistols in their pockets.. And it's legal! Imagine that .. Legalizing the constitution... Who would have guessed??

Edited by Clay

As my Tang Soo Do instructor once told me: "If two guys come up saying they're going to beat the crap out of you, and you pull a gun on them, you just became the criminal. Now if someone's running at you with a knife, and you somehow miraculously get your gun out in time to shoot him, you just saved your life legally." He's a strong advocate of the second amendment, too.

Threatening People=Suicide. :cheers:

As my Tang Soo Do instructor once told me: "If two guys come up saying they're going to beat the crap out of you, and you pull a gun on them, you just became the criminal. Now if someone's running at you with a knife, and you somehow miraculously get your gun out in time to shoot him, you just saved your life legally." He's a strong advocate of the second amendment, too.

i am not worried its going to happen. ignorance will not prevail

people that are pro gun have never had there child's head blown off by someone to chicken sh&t to afraid use his fists

or having to spend your life in a chair because a stray bullet that was meant for someone else

no its easy to be ignorant and say its my right as a american to bare arms

i promise you if our founding father could have seen just a glimpse of the future things would be very different

Was the child killed by a law abiding citizen, with a legally owned gun? I bet not.

You are right about one thing, ignorance will not prevail, and I will continue to bare arms. It is my right to do so and it will always be my right. You will never stop a criminal from getting and using a gun, so why cant I defend myself? Gun laws only restrict people who abide by the rules, so the child that got shot will still have gotten shot if guns were outlawed. The only thing that would curb gun violence is tougher sentencing for gun crimes. That way law abiding citizens are free to protect themselves, and criminals are the only ones affected. Why don't people get that? If you studied American history you would know that the right to bear arms was in fact, to protect citizens from there own government. Just like the colonists did in the revolutionary war. If there were gun control back then there would be no USA. Ignorance is simply the lack of knowledge. I am far from ignorant when it comes to American history or gun control. I do suggest that you do some reading on gun facts and American history, before you call other people ignorant.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a gun owner, but I also live in a state full of nutjobs, gun runners, and Jan Brewer so it's pretty much necessary at this point. I also support mandatory permits to carry concealed, aeven though my state recently did away with the permits. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the 2nd ammendment, but the idea that anyone could have a gun under their coat at any point in time is only undermining the trust between members of society. I won't think of someone coming in to my place of business as a potential customer first but rather that they could have a gun and want to rob me.

That's why I bought a bigger gun :P

Edited by imm0rt41

I am a gun owner, but I also live in a state full of nutjobs, gun runners, and Jan Brewer so it's pretty much necessary at this point. I also support mandatory permits to carry concealed, aeven though my state recently did away with the permits. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the 2nd ammendment, but the idea that anyone could have a gun under their coat at any point in time is only undermining the trust between members of society. I won't think of someone coming in to my place of business as a potential customer first but rather that they could have a gun and want to rob me.

That's why I bought a bigger gun :P

Well, keep a shotgun under the counter. :P

Buckshot.

Only problem is you would do some damage and make a horrendous mess in your store/office.