The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

yeah I didnt like how it bounced around so much when zoomed in.

You mean you don't like that the gun has recoil?

I found the video to be pretty awesome, I'm excited to see more of these videos.

Anyone else think it was strange when he ran to that corner where the other marine was? Almost seemed like he pushed him out in the open or something. Maybe I misunderstood that part.

Edited by Deathmineral

Anyone else think it was strange when he ran to that corner where the other marine was? Almost seemed like he pushed him out in the open or something. Maybe I misunderstood that part.

haha i thought i was the only one who noticed that. He like pushed him into the open and got the guy shot.

a very good IGN read

I didn't think the recoil-induced muzzle climb was all that bad. Granted, it was magnified through the scope, as it would be in reality, but I can't say I have much of a problem with that. The graphics and audio seem to create a pretty realistic environment... I can't say I would understand if the devs purposely made the muzzle climb artificially trivial. I mean, the guy is shooting a fully automatic rifle, the muzzle's going to climb. I, for one, would rather have a realistic implementation of weapon recoil than having it implemented in a more "arcadey" manner. Physics are a biotch, and war is hell. Carry on, DICE! It's looking fan-freakin'-tastic.

I didn't think the recoil-induced muzzle climb was all that bad. Granted, it was magnified through the scope, as it would be in reality, but I can't say I have much of a problem with that. The graphics and audio seem to create a pretty realistic environment... I can't say I would understand if the devs purposely made the muzzle climb artificially trivial. I mean, the guy is shooting a fully automatic rifle, the muzzle's going to climb. I, for one, would rather have a realistic implementation of weapon recoil than having it implemented in a more "arcadey" manner. Physics are a biotch, and war is hell. Carry on, DICE! It's looking fan-freakin'-tastic.

:withstupid: :withstupid:

I hope guns are harder to master in this game, I support more violent recoil.

This isn't a Call of Duty game fellas

Battlefield 3 Day & Night Cycle Images (I wonder if map weather features will be in Multiplayer, or is this just a demonstration of what the engine can do :( )

GameInformer's magazine article Q&A

There will be a lot more to unlock, not only weapons and other treats, but we have more things that you can unlock than in Bad Company 2, and we’re also making sure that there is a reason for you to reach the top rank. It doesn’t just end. There will be a lot of focus on persistence and how we present stuff to the player.
Edited by Krazyxazn

Unofficial Paparazzi Footage Reveals Battlefield 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwcrd3dLk3Q

Haven't seen it yet myself, too busy playing World of Tanks lol (awesome game, I'll have to make a big thread on it since its got a learning curve).

EDIT: It looks like the footage they showed to GameInformers. Good stuff.

Edited by Krazyxazn