• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Try...

P5982

i7 950 @ stock

HD 6950 (unlocked) @ 940/6000 Stock voltages

When I get my TX750 I'll do a 4Ghz on the CPU and a bit higher on the GPU and repost those results

*edit*

New score

i7 950 @ 4.0Ghz

HD 6950 (unlocked) @ 940/6000 Stock voltages

Edited by Rosco

• 4 weeks later...

thanks! :) actually I'm running it at 4.13 ghz for everyday use :) here I overclocked it up to 4.3 ghz for this benchmark, it's the maximum frequency that I can reach to be able to run 3DM11 without a crash during the Physic test :)

Here is the link.

I have a successful 3.2 ghz on this phenom thanks to reading this forum and making an educated decision, based on the list of oc attempts I compiled, to adjust my memory settings.

I have two different sets of hyperx mem in the sys and I set them exactly identical where the bios would use the spd data which differed for one of the settings.

Because all four slots are filled I increased the mem v to 2v.

I have aod stability tested for 10min with temps to 52c, so there is probably 3.3ghz or 3.4ghz in this chip. Don't ask aod what temps my cpu is at because it does not know.

I set the cpu v to 1.4 and at idle it reads 1.4, but during the stability test the v increase to 1.42v. I see the v and temp data exactly identical in gigabytes easytune 6 software and the gigabyte board bios.

Sorry for not being around this last week, I had internet problems and couldn't connect ...

But I have this great score for you .... :)

Single Sapphire HD7970 3Gb at 1300mhz core and 1825mhz mem scoring : P10606 Yes thats right , P10606 on a single card :woo:

Bear in mind, this was with my 3930k at only 4Ghz, once my WC has arrived I will be benching at 5GHz :D

Sorry for not being around this last week, I had internet problems and couldn't connect ...

But I have this great score for you .... :)

Single Sapphire HD7970 3Gb at 1300mhz core and 1825mhz mem scoring : P10606 Yes thats right , P10606 on a single card :woo:

Bear in mind, this was with my 3930k at only 4Ghz, once my WC has arrived I will be benching at 5GHz :D

very nice score how hard was it to get that oc one that card and which card do you have

i cancelled my order i want the xfx black edition

very nice score how hard was it to get that oc one that card and which card do you have

i cancelled my order i want the xfx black edition

Easy on this Sapphire HD7970, especially with Trixx .

Oh and dude, is it the Black Edition with dual fans ? If so, you may want to read around the web on VRM temp issues - it reaches over 100C due to an error in cooler design !

Easy on this Sapphire HD7970, especially with Trixx .

Oh and dude, is it the Black Edition with dual fans ? If so, you may want to read around the web on VRM temp issues - it reaches over 100C due to an error in cooler design !

well hell just read and now regretting cancelling my order thanks for the heads up

Wow, very nice score Nyt :thumbsup: But, I hear those 3930k chips don't hit 5GHz as frequently as the 2600k chips do, even under water! Here is to hoping you have a good OCer :cheers: