Mushkin 3dmark Contest Comments Thread

Bosco

It was clear the first time I wrote it :rolleyes:

There will be a drawing for each prize at the following ranks.

Rank 1-3 - Grand Prize

Rank 4-6 -Second Prize

Rank 7-10 - Third Prize

Rank 11-15 - Fourth Prize

Rank 16-20 - Fifth Prize

Rank meaning scores.

It was clear the first time I wrote it :rolleyes:

There will be a drawing for each prize at the following ranks.

Rank 1-3 - Grand Prize

Rank 4-6 -Second Prize

Rank 6-10 - Third Prize

Rank 10-15 - Fourth Prize

Rank 15-20 - Fifth Prize

Rank meaning scores.

Boss you've done it again :P You're implying rank 6 is both second and third prize, and likewise with 10 and 15 and their respective ranks :P

Boss you've done it again :P You're implying rank 6 is both second and third prize, and likewise with 10 and 15 and their respective ranks :P

oops, better now :)

Rank 1-3 - Grand Prize

Rank 4-6 -Second Prize

Rank 7-10 - Third Prize

Rank 11-15 - Fourth Prize

Rank 16-20 - Fifth Prize

Much better now Bosco :thumbsup:

Just a question, is anyone going to update the first post (scoring thread) with a list of names and scores so we don't have to go through each post to see where everyone stands?

i noticed a few people are using an old version 3dmark06 1.1 is this considered valid for the contest? i would think not since the 1.2 patch was for physx playing the part fort eh CPU test and some other small things that give nvidia the advantage.

Edited by hornybluecow

i noticed a few people are using an old version 3dmark06 1.1 is this considered valid for the contest? i would think not since the 1.2 patch was for physx playing the part fort eh CPU test and some other small things that give nvidia the advantage.

Yeah - it looks like people who are showing the score directly from the benchmark are using the older one...

Anyone with a single-GPU system older than a year think they actually have a shot at the top 20? If so, post your link here.

A volt-modded and LN2 cooled GTX285 or HD4890 could still do pretty well IMO.

A volt-modded and LN2 cooled GTX285 or HD4890 could still do pretty well IMO.

Even still, how many people are going to run out and get LN2 just for this contest? Not everyone has a load of money at their disposal and thus this contest is solely for people with excess money. Virtually every single person in the 3D Mark thread in the Benchmarking section who has a score greater than 25k has multiple video cards and an i7 9xx series processor. There are some exceptions to single card set ups. Basically, anyone who has money to spend will be in the top 20 of this contest if they enter.