Mushkin 3dmark Contest Comments Thread

Bosco

A volt-modded and LN2 cooled GTX285 or HD4890 could still do pretty well IMO.

Ah yes, because the general populace uses liquid nitrogen :rolleyes:

Like I said before, all a contest like this does is reward those that already have the top-of-the-line equipment.

Anyone know why I can't make my ORB results public?

After you register/log-in, there should be a link under your info on the left-hand side that says "My Results". Click on that. Then, to the right of your latest result (left of the "Analyze" button), there should be a link that says "Make Public"....do you not see that?

Ah yes, because the general populace uses liquid nitrogen :rolleyes:

Like I said before, all a contest like this does is reward those that already have the top-of-the-line equipment.

Well its a little more interesting, and different than just having to post in the thread to win something like most contest are. I mean this is Overclockersclub? :biggrin:

Dave can you make another contest where all Clay has to do is post in it... :whistling:

Edited by road-runner

After you register/log-in, there should be a link under your info on the left-hand side that says "My Results". Click on that. Then, to the right of your latest result (left of the "Analyze" button), there should be a link that says "Make Public"....do you not see that?

I tried clicking that, but it still says that it is private.

No matter anyways as I linked to it in the contest thread and it appears to be visible anyways despite being set as private.

dont take it personal you can never make everyone happy , i am sure there are things i would like to see done differently . but i am jusy happy to see how i stack up with the current members. and if i get some free stuff along the way well sweet music for me . hopefully i will end up in the top 20

Well its a little more interesting, and different than just having to post in the thread to win something like most contest are. I mean this is Overclockersclub? :biggrin:

Dave can you make another contest where all Clay has to do is post in it... :whistling:

When all you have to do is post in a thread, that makes it so everyone has an equal chance. When you make it performance-based, you're simply rewarding those that need it the least. What part do you not comprehend? This isn't rocket science.

When all you have to do is post in a thread, that makes it so everyone has an equal chance. When you make it performance-based, you're simply rewarding those that need it the least. What part do you not comprehend? This isn't rocket science.

So your saying people that dont need anything should not be allowed in contest? That is what it sounds like to me, maybe dave is trying to get overclocking back going again in the forums?

So your saying people that dont need anything should not be allowed in contest? That is what it sounds like to me, maybe dave is trying to get overclocking back going again in the forums?

Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm saying it's best to give everyone an equal chance, which this contest doesn't do.

If you are willing to push your clock speeds and tweak what needs tweaking you can probably put a score in that is close to 20000 with a quad and a decent video card. That at this point should get you in the top 20. Why not reward guys who put in the time ? You have to play to win and not be afraid of killing something. Just looking through the results so far I think there are some guys sandbagging when you see the low clock speeds. If you plan on running stock you may as well stay on the porch and be a spectator. This is about overclocking to see who can score the highest. If you did not read the fine print Dave has said if there are enough scores there will be some more prizes thrown in out of the OCC coffers.

Quit yer whining and buck up and throw down a real score! :cheers:

Well hell we coulld just fill out an inventory sheet and if someone has to much stuff we can take it from them and give it to the people that dont have anything. Oh wait. that is coming with hope and change...

Hell with its not even worth my time for a chance to be in a drawing for $200 worth of hard drives, I got better things to do...

Edited by road-runner