Mushkin 3dmark Contest Comments Thread

Bosco

If you are willing to push your clock speeds and tweak what needs tweaking you can probably put a score in that is close to 20000 with a quad and a decent video card. That at this point should get you in the top 20. Why not reward guys who put in the time ? You have to play to win and not be afraid of killing something. Just looking through the results so far I think there are some guys sandbagging when you see the low clock speeds. If you plan on running stock you may as well stay on the porch and be a spectator. This is about overclocking to see who can score the highest. If you did not read the fine print Dave has said if there are enough scores there will be some more prizes thrown in out of the OCC coffers.

Quit yer whining and buck up and throw down a real score! :cheers:

Says the guy that will probably win with something he got for free by reviewing. :whistling::woot:

I think everyone is getting caught up in the fact that they think they dont have a chance. Play to win!

Just as an example My old Core 2 E6600 rig with 8800GTS SLI pulled almost 15000 over 3 years ago Right here! So that tells me that some of you really are not trying to hard and are stuck whining and bitching! :thumbsup:

Says the guy that will probably win with something he got for free by reviewing. :whistling::woot:

Thats if I even enter!

If I post a score it will not be for a chance to win something but to show what I can do with what I have. I would not want to pull a spot from someone else but would enjoy the chance to throw a score out there that is respectable!

Also another core 2 score of just about 15000 with an e6750 and HD 3850! here

bp9801 What clock speed are you running at? Are you running the memory Linked and Synced or unlinked? What kind of clocks on the card? Have you shut down all unnecessary services? Defragged the HDD? Downloaded the latest NVIDIA system drivers and ATI graphics drivers? I got higher than that with a similar system and older video card.

Just looking through the results so far I think there are some guys sandbagging when you see the low clock speeds. If you plan on running stock you may as well stay on the porch and be a spectator.
You forget that it's still the summer and many people, like myself downclock during that time. It is starting to get cooler and we do have 3 weeks, so I'm sure people will update their scores. I'm almost tempted to throw my 8800 GTX back in there to see how it compares. In any case, my RAM holds me back, so if I'm in the top 20, it's only because not enough people entered :lol:

bp9801 What clock speed are you running at? Are you running the memory Linked and Synced or unlinked? What kind of clocks on the card? Have you shut down all unnecessary services? Defragged the HDD? Downloaded the latest NVIDIA system drivers and ATI graphics drivers? I got higher than that with a similar system and older video card.

Currently, the E6600 is at 3025MHz. I can't get it to be real stable much beyond that but I'll try to bump up the voltage as much as I can.

Memory is unlinked the last I checked, its at the stock speeds though with 5-5-5-15 2T for the timings.

Video card is at 875MHz core, 1250MHz memory. Latest 10.7 drivers.

HDD gets defragged fairly often.

I'll run the test again with Firefox and a few other things closed, see what that gets.

I think I have an extra key for 3DMark that I won in a contest a few years ago, if someone wants it let me know.

-EDIT- Its a Vantage I swore it was a key for 06.

Edited by slick2500

Thats if I even enter!

If I post a score it will not be for a chance to win something but to show what I can do with what I have. I would not want to pull a spot from someone else but would enjoy the chance to throw a score out there that is respectable!

Also another core 2 score of just about 15000 with an e6750 and HD 3850! here

hey ccokeman thats with an old version 1.1 which from what i remember correctly is faulty for scores, bosco nees to update the contest for 1.2 version only i'll or i might just have to find an old copy :)

Edited by hornybluecow

HDD gets defragged fairly often.

Does the hard drive affect the numbers? Not only have I not defragged in forever, but I also have 3DMark06 installed on a secondary drive, not my OS drive...is that bad?