Mushkin 3dmark Contest Comments Thread

Bosco

I believe the free edition only lets you run a bench once before you have to upgrade, and I couldn't even get the free edition to work, so I acquired an advanced version. I ran 14414 stock, and then oc'd my 5750 from 750/1150 to 860.1300, and my FSB from 134 to 146 (3.5ghz at the boards unlocked 24x multiplier). I got 16615 on that run. My cpu always seems to do the worst, and I wonder why...

P.S. I know I don't post here for the submission, I'm just looking for guidance, as this is my first experience with mark06, as well as overclocking.

Aaaand, there we go. Just had my first OC related (I hope) blue screen! It's both a right of passage, and the most heart wrenching thing that's happened to me. Seriously, I barely scraped together the money for this bad boy, I can't afford to break her lol.

Edited by F13Bubba

3DMark06 Free Edition lets you run as many runs as you want. :) That Free Edition runs the required default settings also.

When you will complete the benchmark, click on the "Submit Result Online" button. Then, login in your ORB account, if it's not already done. Once you've done that, you can close the web browser and continue benching. The result has been saved. When you're ready to publish your results, come back onto ORB and login. In the left menu, click on "My Results". Next, navigate to your result and click on "Details". Edit the project name in order to replace the "Untitled" by your forum username(eg. The Smith - OCC). Once you've done that, you can click on "Make Public". You will then get a comparison URL, which you will post in the scoring thread.

Don't forget to take the screenshot also. :)

BTW, in which category are the sixth, thenth and fifteenth positions?

Rank 1-3 - Grand Prize

Rank 4-6 -Second Prize

Rank 6-10 - Third Prize

Rank 10-15 - Fourth Prize

Rank 15-20 - Fifth Prize

I think what he means is that some of them overlap. He is inquiring as to which level each of those are in.

Rank 1 - 3 are the top 3 scores.

Rank 4 - 6 are the 4th, 5th and 6th highest scores.

etc etc etc

Bosco, you have the 6th,10th,15th position in two different prize groups.

I don't think you mean that 6th place would be available for a draw in both the 2nd and 3rd prize draw, do you? :biggrin:

Bosco, you have the 6th,10th,15th position in two different prize groups.

I don't think you mean that 6th place would be available for a draw in both the 2nd and 3rd prize draw, do you? :biggrin:

Yeah that's what I was trying to say.

Also Bosco, you have a typo in the very first sentence of your post: "Ok here you we go..." :P