Call of Duty: Black Ops

WhenKittensATK

Krieg1337 is right i am a infinity ward fanboy *cough Respawn Entertainment cough* and Treyarch has soiled COD good name over and over and well now it doesn't matter because Activision already said they are going to make a COD game very year until people stop buying it.

i bought it for the Zombie mode which is original in a sense and hellza fun. everything else has gone Blah since COD4.

hmmm....open and install? or send it back?

ahh wth, i'll install it, i can sell it if it turns out to be hooey...

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoD 4 wasn't that good anyways, killstreaks unlock killstreaks, constant nade spamming, constant noob tubers. Comon how did Treyarch soil that by removing it in Black Ops? When a non-CoD fan like myself tells you that this is the best CoD game made since CoD 4, its worth something.

Things that you seemed to miss and say nothing has changed since WaW.

1. Unlocking System (this is the best thing that has happened to CoD, I don't need to grind out weapons to hell to get what I want. This isn't an RPG)

2. Theater Mode is a great addition for those who like to Machinima and etc. Name one PC game that has a demo recorder with this much ease of use and functionality. Once they get the bugs fixed, Theater Mode is still in beta.

3. Wager Matches are pretty fun to play. Especially Sticks and Stones. These are something that you would have to wait for a mod team to make months or years after a game is released. Yet here they are out of the box and fully functional.

You best bring your haterade when you go up against a game that I play :P

Edited by Krazyxazn

If you go in with the thought of "Treyarch games suck and I hate them, this campaign will not be good" then you will obviously not enjoy it. If you are an Infinity Ward fanboy and Treyarch hater why even buy their game? I seriously don't understand. Don't tell other people to not buy a game just because you hate it from the beginning. Do not get me wrong, I liked both MW1 and MW2, the stories were good. But Black Ops beat both of them storywise IMO.

Anyways @ cjloki, the game is awesome, def. open it and install and play. You will enjoy it :). Multiplayer is the only thing that is buggy currently, but that should get fixed soon.

constant nade spamming

ahh those were the good ol' days when you could lob a grenade high enough it would fly 3/4s of the way across the map and explode just as it hit the ground (i'm thinking of the Countdown map). also when you played shipment FFA, or killhouse.

If you go in with the thought of "Treyarch games suck and I hate them, this campaign will not be good" then you will obviously not enjoy it. If you are an Infinity Ward fanboy and Treyarch hater why even buy their game? I seriously don't understand. Don't tell other people to not buy a game just because you hate it from the beginning. Do not get me wrong, I liked both MW1 and MW2, the stories were good. But Black Ops beat both of them storywise IMO.

Anyways @ cjloki, the game is awesome, def. open it and install and play. You will enjoy it :). Multiplayer is the only thing that is buggy currently, but that should get fixed soon.

thanx krieg, this is my first COD game ever so i'm very much looking forward to it. umm i went ahead an loaded it up last night but it was late and i was to sleepy to get into it...i just barely started into the cuba campaign and then couldn't keep my eyes open. maybe tonight try some more...

i thoought the graphics were phenomenal on the gtx 480...i can't imagine it could be any better to look at...

thanx again

cj

thanx krieg, this is my first COD game ever so i'm very much looking forward to it. umm i went ahead an loaded it up last night but it was late and i was to sleepy to get into it...i just barely started into the cuba campaign and then couldn't keep my eyes open. maybe tonight try some more...

i thoought the graphics were phenomenal on the gtx 480...i can't imagine it could be any better to look at...

thanx again

cj

Yeah the graphics are good, I havnt tried with tri-fire to see how smooth it runs . Much better than previous games storyline , but one of the characters in the game comes from Call of Duty World at War so people who played COD WAW will might have a better insight into the character's personality.

Here are some questions and answers on twitter do a PC DEV @ Treyarch. Most of the community questions are answered.

Q: Will we get the /connect and /reconnect commands in the next patch?

Treyarch

A: /connect is coming back. maybe not next patch but I promise it is coming back.

Q: Will the last killcam (End of the round) lag too fixed if the patch comes out?

Treyarch

A: TBH I’m not sure yet what is causing killcam choppiness, but we see it too. Will fix.

Q: Not asking specifics, but now that the game is launched, are mod tools ideas being kicked around yet? and congrats on the game!

Treyarch

A: Thanks, man. mod tool dev started already. no bandwidth to discuss until after some patches though.

Q: Will it be possible at some point to have servers with lower max player counts? 18 players in FFA games for example = too chaotic!

Treyarch

A: Will add 12 player playlists.

Q: Will it be possible to put reserved slots for my friends and me on my own ranked server again?

Treyarch

A: We removed the feature because it was abused. will fix.

Q: Are you aware of the bug where theater mode replays are only being saved on some servers? Mostly treyarch servers seem to work

Treyarch

A: Film recording should be fixed – this was a backend config problem for rented ranked servers only

Q: Have you thought about allowing editing of classes in a server?

Treyarch

A: We tried this but had a lot of problems due to the way the data is secured. had to bench the feature for future review.

Q: Hi, if i go into the server browser, sometimes i click on a server nothing happens, its not full etc but its just that nothing happen

Treyarch

A: This is a bug – highlight another server then double-click the one you want to join.

Q: Are there any engine optimisations coming I am above the min spec but still get awful fps in lowest settings, not lag related.

Treyarch

A: We have some nice optimizations for better FPS going into QA tomorrow.

Q: Awesome, will the next patch be in the next couple days you think?

Treyarch

A: Trying to release patch before the weekend. will go into QA tomorrow.

SOURCE: http://blackopscallofduty.net/call-of-duty-black-ops-qa-about-patch-and-fixes-on-pc/1789

Edited by Krazyxazn

so here's a question, i wanna preorder brink sometime soon, and don't have to much money to spend on vi gee oh games

is this worth it, and how worth it is compared to MW2

at the moment though i'm pretty content with Bloodline Champions and LoL

does it take moar tactics than the last as well, as that is how i usually like to play, slow and thought out

Edited by molotovdaskwerl

CoD takes zero tactics, its a pick up type of game. You don't need to be level 50 to enjoy the game. Which makes CoD one of those good pickup anytime games.

You might as well wait for Brink, because CoD gameplay really hasn't changed since CoD 4.

I would take Black Ops over MW2 any day. MW2 was just plain out bad. Too many noobtubers, too many overpowered perks, too many overpowered killstreaks, too many bad tactics, and etc.

Black Ops was the first CoD game I bought since CoD 4 (however I've played all of them, I just wasn't the original buyer). I don't even rate CoD 4 high, it had its pros and cons. Black Ops is the best one out since CoD 4.

It still needs a few patches for it become smoother. A nerf is needed for Chopper Gunner. It feels too overpowering once someone unlocks it. I've been on both sides of the Chopper Gunner and its just plain out ridiculous.

If you want slow and thought out, get Red Orchestra :D. Brink is still going to be a fast paced game. However it will be more team based than CoD will ever be. From all the videos I've seen the gunplay of Brink is similar to CoD. Hold down trigger cause there isn't much spread or recoil for you to worry about. More games are following this nature of gunplay. The only recent game that you actually need trigger control is BC2.

Edited by Krazyxazn

so here's a question, i wanna preorder brink sometime soon, and don't have to much money to spend on vi gee oh games

is this worth it, and how worth it is compared to MW2

at the moment though i'm pretty content with Bloodline Champions and LoL

does it take moar tactics than the last as well, as that is how i usually like to play, slow and thought out

it doesn't sound like your too serious about buying it so I'll keep it short - though I could give you a detailed post outlining my Pros/Cons on BO vs MW2

Short Take:

Love the changes, lots of good ones added. Many of them are bugged at the moment, mostly stuff outside of the gameplay (like Stat trackers and what not) so no biggie but still should mention them

No awesome maps like MW2 has that could make me stay up far later than I should.

No awesome guns like MW2 has that make me want to play the game simply to use those guns.

I actually went back to MW2, though I still play Black OPS because the changes they put in ARE nice.

CoD takes zero tactics, its a pick up type of game. .................................................lay. The only recent game that you actually need trigger control is BC2.

it doesn't sound ......................................................... though I still play Black OPS because the changes they put in ARE nice.

muchas gracias

i guess i'm just gonna wait for brink, and play mw2 if i'm in the Cod mood, although i'm a bigger fan of Treyarch :/