Call of Duty: Black Ops

WhenKittensATK

Good call. My friends like Black OPS but my personal opinion is:

- Great features added

- Horrible gameplay (both Single and Multiplayer)

If I could add the features from Black OPS to MW2, as well as replace the MW2 killstreaks with the ones BO has, and get rid of One Man Army and Danger Close perks (oh and Last Stand - HATE that crap) you would have a FPS that would keep me for YEARS. But right now I'm willing to deal with MW2 pitfalls since it excels at the part I need it most to ...the gunplay and awesome maps. Something BO fails miserably at.

At least the last patch made it so you aren't stuck on the same map 20 times in a row - think 2 times is the max now ...possibly 3. Since Nuketown is the only decent map it was like getting caught it never ending loop whenever it came up. I would like to think the developers would take the hint on why that is but that won't happen ...they'll probably charge $15 for a map pack like all the FPS games these days are doing.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really like Nuketown. The one time that I played it people just camped on each side of the map. Then 70% of the server just waited for people to run across to kill them.

I think that when I play that map I account for 15% of the server then, because I always seem to be the only one on my team that runs around and I end up getting ~15 deaths in TDM per round. Think about it this way though: if Rust or Shipment were constantly coming up in the TDM servers on MW2/CoD4 would those maps really be any better?

Don't really like Nuketown. The one time that I played it people just camped on each side of the map. Then 70% of the server just waited for people to run across to kill them.

Yeah true, Nuketown does suck ...and camping is so much worse on BO.

I think that when I play that map I account for 15% of the server then, because I always seem to be the only one on my team that runs around and I end up getting ~15 deaths in TDM per round. Think about it this way though: if Rust or Shipment were constantly coming up in the TDM servers on MW2/CoD4 would those maps really be any better?

Good way of putting it. I think Rust is a very comparison to Nuketown ...though I would give the nod to Rust. At least Rust is kind of a on the rare side. Also on Nuketown many times you are spawning at the exact same time on the exact same side as the enemy at times ...or vice versa, and whoever has the better latency wins. And sometimes you have people camping their team's spawn points waiting just for those moments when people spawn on the wrong side of the map. Even though some people are good at spawn raping on Rust camping the top with 1-Man Army and danger close it is no where near as frustrating and as easy as the spawn raping on Nuketown.

When I get pissed off from all the campers I just go around spawn raping on the Summit stage just to prove I can. At least MW2 has multiple spawn points. On BO you can go around the enemy camp as long as your skills will let you get away with it.

I reached level 50 last night. May just call it quits. I gave it a fair shake but I don't like this game. Sucks too because that is what my clan pays and I'm an admin. I will probably just play it on and off to stay active with the clan for next game which hopefully will be MW3 next year. Just can't get into it.

cod 2 good. cod 4 good. cod5 ok. cod mw2 bad. cod bops worse. mw3 prob worse. the cod series is made for console players. then ported straight to pc. last time no dedicated servers. no we have them and yet this game is made for 12 year old kids with xbox's who have no idea what they are even doing. Anyone wanting to be competitive is left with nothing but cod4 or cs. i understand majority is ppl wanting to have fun but seriously make a game that doesn't involve camping in a corner getting rewarded in the way of kill streaks and then thinking your good with a high k/d cause you camped and got kill streaks. COD has been a joke since day 1 of mw2. IT IS RUINED. :pfp:

Isn't there a barebones mode that removes killstreaks and perks? Or is it just perks?

I never played competitive in any games, but how exactly is CoD 4 competitive vs the later games? It stills has killstreaks that will bloat the hell out of your score.

if u can quickscope. im in.

Quick Scoping has been severely limited in Call of Duty: Black Ops, the community manger of Treyarch saying that it was a 'cheap way to play'. Players will now need to wait a brief moment until the sniper sight is centered before they take a shot.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Quickscoping

cod 2 good. cod 4 good. cod5 ok. cod mw2 bad. cod bops worse. mw3 prob worse. the cod series is made for console players. then ported straight to pc. last time no dedicated servers. no we have them and yet this game is made for 12 year old kids with xbox's who have no idea what they are even doing. Anyone wanting to be competitive is left with nothing but cod4 or cs. i understand majority is ppl wanting to have fun but seriously make a game that doesn't involve camping in a corner getting rewarded in the way of kill streaks and then thinking your good with a high k/d cause you camped and got kill streaks. COD has been a joke since day 1 of mw2. IT IS RUINED. :pfp:

Laughed my butt off XD But seriously, you criticize these 12 year xbox kids so much, yet you do not seem so mature at all in my eyes..

As for the gameplay, I do hope that they release mod tools for black ops so the modders can create promod. It makes me so sad as a cod fan to admit that the gameplay simply is not that good.. I still do enjoy it, but expected more :/

Edited by Jump4h

im not talking about maturity. as u said the game play is not that good. mods tools may improve it. as for it replacing cod4 and css as the main competitive games i cant see that happening.

im not talking about maturity. as u said the game play is not that good. mods tools may improve it. as for it replacing cod4 and css as the main competitive games i cant see that happening.

No one ever said it would. Treyarch didn't even mean to make this into a competitive game like that anyways. This game is for fun. Cod 4 competitive is almost just 180 spin bunny hops and extreme high sensitivity.

Cod 4 competitive is almost just 180 spin bunny hops and extreme high sensitivity.

Umm, what?

Just an example of a official match. I personally enjoy much more promod snd than public snd. There is a HUGE difference to it.

Edited by Jump4h

What do you play for enjoyment and maximum fun? Promod or Black Ops(or MW2)? I play TWL in CoD4 when I want to feel accomplished or feel like competing with other people/teams. For fun I will rather play MW2 or Black Ops because its more exciting with killstreaks. I never played regular SnD in Cod 4 because it wasn't very fun, that is a game type where I will prefer TWL/Promod.