The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

What do you guys think of the patch so far? I'm liking it for the most part. M1 Garande stats are tracking now finally. Have 2 Gold stars with it so far. Still can't get the All Weapons Bronze Stars Insignia or the All Bronze Stars insignia. Haven't seen or tried the helicopter flares yet or noticed the handling difference. The MG3 still sucks. Knifing from behind (take that campers) is working like it should.

yeah that bronze star thing is annoying i finaly get everything to bronze including m1, mines, and 40mm shotty (i now have silver and am loving it :P) just to find you still cant get it. Also resupplies has reset, not that it matters.

its good the knifes working again. got 7 tags in one round the other day 3. the first 3 were all gold from the same dude in the same life :lol:. however i did swing at someone and saw their body move like the kinfe was stil broken. it was a one off though.

i found the tweaks to some of the maps interesting i.e. moved uav in atacama desert; easier to hit uav controler with a tank in panama canal.

yes the nerfing of the tracer are a win for the choppers but the anti air gun still works just fine :biggrin:

edit: a weird thing happened the other day to me. i'd laid some mines in atacama desert and i was on the UAV and i needed 1 more air vehicle kill for gold. while in the uav an enemy tank runs over my mine killing the driver and then the gold star for air vehicles pops up without me killing anything with the uav :blink: . and it was definitely air because i only had like 5 mine kills at that time.

If you look at your stats on the official site, you will see that the cause of the problem is the T88 sniper. It is glitched to where you can use it and get stars for it ingame, but the official site shows you have yet to unlock it despite having everything else taken care of.

I keep hearing it's for various different reasons but none from DICE so I can't believe now that it's the T88 Sniper rifle. Before everyone said it's the M1 Garand. Now it's supposed to be the spectac guns, tracer dart gun, or the T88? I don't care what it is(and obviously neither does DICE) I just want it to work. I have a gold star with everything you can get a gold star with, yet still no awards for bronze stars.

The official site and the game vary a great deal on many stats. I see where the T88 sniper rifle is locked. I also see that the 40mm shotgun takes 100 kills for a gold star in game but only 50 on the site. The pistols take 50 kills to get a gold star in the game but 100 kills on the site. Not a lot of quality control going on.

Above all though I want to see some new maps. These are several months old and the game is really getting stale. MOH looks like a flop to me so I'd like to see this live on a bit longer.

Had my best knifing game yesterday. Ran up the hill in Valparaiso(I think that was the map) and got 9 snipers in a row. I was as shocked at their lack of communication as anything. One guy I got twice in the same spot. Amazing when they're scoped in they don't seem to listen for footsteps.

The DICE community director said that it isn't because of SPECACT weapons. They aren't counted towards the All Bronze Medals. Man I want that job, all he does is play BF games and report on the status of things. Things I do right now but I don't get paid :(.

====

As krazypoloc said cjloki, you just have to click on create a new soldier button. However you will need to back at rank 1 again.

====

As for new maps, during an interview with one of the Devs they were asked if there mode packs would change into map packs (as in new maps). The Dev replied there will be new maps in BC2: Vietnam. So I don't think they are currently working on any free maps just yet.

====

Also server files got leaked out. However DICE still doesn't want them out to the public so they are shutting down those servers and trying to get them off the net.

====

What's on the BC2 team's To-Do-List? (Posted by community director)

http://twitpic.com/23rdez/full

http://twitpic.com/23roeq/full

What's on the BC2 team's To-Do-List? (Posted by community director)

http://twitpic.com/23rdez/full

http://twitpic.com/23roeq/full

5th from bottom on the left sheet is the bronze medal thing.

add a Cake to every mcom, so we have a straight motivation to Rush the enemy (Okay, that wasn't funny)
made me lol

most of the items on the list aren't exactly huge, must fix stuff. however i would like to see an option in between rounds (like cod4) where you can see how many kills you have left to get with a gun or how many ____ till x insignia etc. rather than having to quit to main menu or write it on paper

From not playing in the past few days, I am playing horrible trying to get back into the game. The tracer dart is ridiculously slow now, that's going to take forever to get used to.