The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

I've been playing bc2 a lot lately. They've improved the hitboxes quite a lot, and the knife. That makes me happy :) The shotgun hitbox simply does not work. Also, Is it just me or does 70% of all conquest games end in one team controlling all three and baseraping? Happens to me too much.

I just played bc2 again after a long long break and I am extremely happy to see they have solved the things that were driving me insane and made me stop playing,,, such as the toggle aim.

three cheers for bc2 lol

I just played bc2 again after a long long break and I am extremely happy to see they have solved the things that were driving me insane and made me stop playing,,, such as the toggle aim.

three cheers for bc2 lol

Toggle Aim?

I agree that DICE has fixed most of the problems like the knife. Hitboxes can still be off but I agree they are better. I've had no problem with the shotguns at all. The only things I've noticed of late are guns scoping out when they shouldn't and C4 not always going off. Other than that the only problems I see are a few balance issues and gameplay. The gameplay issues are solved by finding a server with better players. Tanksniping tanktards, endless Carl Gustav use, and an over-abundance of snipers in certain game modes. Mostly MW2 attitudes(selfish gameplay) in a team based game. I can live with everything as it is I suppose(would really like the All Bronze Stars and All Weapons Bronze Stars Insignia) but would first and foremost want new maps. That's really the only addition this game truly needs.

I haven't been paying much attention to BC2 nor playing it for awhile but I noticed this post:

zh1nt0 - Some people think the BC1 maps are coming on Monday. This rumour is NOT true. http://tinyurl.com/3x6ejny

Apparently there is some kind of rumor that DICE will release a map pack of the BC1 maps in BC2. I can vaguely remember what the maps look like. If this does come to fruition I might have to start playing again. I just wished they removed the UAV and added in the old artillery cannon for those BC1 maps lol.

Heads for those who just love buying apps for everything:

GordonVanDyke - All of you selling iTunes apps on BFBC2 better make them free, charging for them is illegal! EA Legal has been contacted to correct this!

If anyone bought one, maybe they will refund it for you :D

So I finally bought a pair of speakers for my computer (was still using the ones I got from Dell before I knew how to build my own PC) and needed a good game to test them out on. With all the background noises I couldn't think of a better game than this one. I can no longer just hit the "Play Now" button trying to search on every game type/server combo there is. Now I have to manually select a server I've already played on before, which seemed odd to me ...but ok. Servers seemed kinda empty so i joined the only one that had people on it. Played on it till the people dwindled down to 2v2 ...well technically mid-to-late game my teammate left.

I actually did better than I thought I was going to do because I haven't played in months ...not to mention I only got up to level 4. :P My best game was only 21-11. Well I had a 6-0 game but i was mostly texting during that fight so I layed low and helped the guy in the tank clearing a path to M-Comm stations as his gunner/engineer. He actually ended getting the most points of everyone on our team despite also having a low K/D Ratio simply because he was helping out on the objectives. So i just helped protect him.

I did have one awesome shot though. It was all the way across the map, game kept spawning me on this rooftop in our starting area ...so I decided to just stay up there one time to see what i could do. Got a headshot with the XM8-Compact on a guy in the watch tower in the enemy's starting grounds lol. Could barely even see the guy, even when he moved. Finally some dude mortared the building ending my 7-kill streak. Kinda deserved it though, I was camping that rooftop for all 7 of those kills.

Like the XM8C ...finally unlocked Red Dot Sight, got a couple Bronzes last night and a couple Silver Medals. Just a smidge from level 6.

Edited by Fogel

yeah the background noises are deffinataly awesome. Especially when you are just sitting their sniping, you hear the birds and everything around you and the occasional zing of a bullet passing by your head.

Krazypoloc and I played the other day and I went 41-6 surprisingly. The registry was just spot on, on that server. Needless to say I was called a hacker by this kid that would not shut up and became kind of annoying. I am glad they fixed the hit boxes and knifing part, since then my knife kills have gone up big time since I actually have a chance of killing with it.

Ya I can tell they improved the knifing aspect ...still feels clunky to me ...but I'm not really much of a knifer anyway. But ya I actually got a couple dog tags last night. I didn't hear any birds, but I was actually able to pick up enemy footsteps/chatter/reloads through these speakers so that was nice! I was Spotting like crazy last night - talk about no work free points! All in all I'm really digging these new speakers ...and with the G11 and G500 combo it made getting back into the game a breeze.

Not 41-6 breeze tho :lol: that's insane.

What kit do you use most? I only played Engineer last night but i switch between that and Assault ...when I did play.

yeah the background noises are deffinataly awesome. Especially when you are just sitting their sniping, you hear the birds and everything around you and the occasional zing of a bullet passing by your head.

i know this sounds stupid but i love the small things in games like that. another thing is when you're on the quad bike as a recon the wookie suit moves in the wind. or how explosions can shatter windows (blow up the tanker in the laguna presa spawn (conquest mode) and you'll know what i mean)

i've still had problems with the knife. but that may be server lag. but they also need to improve the knife speed.

Edited by bilcliff