The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Onslaught will give us something different at least.

I've had to do different things just to keep the game from getting stale. The Atacama rush map is a nice addition with some new mounted guns. Really takes good teamwork to win as attackers. I've quite using my knife and have started using the repair tool. Had 5 repair tool kills in 1 game yesterday. When that gets boring I'll switch to the defibulator. Been using a shotgun the past few days and have 500+ kills now with the USAS-12. Really a very devestating gun at close range and much better than I had originally thought. I'll probably take that gun to platinum as I don't have any platinum stars in the shotgun/all kits class. It also forces me to use my pistol when the enemy is out of shotgun range. Getting a lot of kills witjh the MP-443 Grach. Keeps me interested for now.

I like the point increases for destroying the m-com stations in rush mode now. 50 points for arming and 250 points for destroying it. I've been putting 6 packs of C4 on it, throwing down an ammo pack and reloading my C4, then detonating the first 6 packs for 300 objective damage points(50 per C4 pack), loading 6 more C4 packs on it, arming for 50 more points, then detonating the C4 for 300 more points plus 250 points for destroying the objective. Lots of points to be had if you can slip in. Reload and go get the next one. The alarm doesn't go off until it's too late.

Onslaught will give us something different at least.

I've had to do different things just to keep the game from getting stale. The Atacama rush map is a nice addition with some new mounted guns. Really takes good teamwork to win as attackers. I've quite using my knife and have started using the repair tool. Had 5 repair tool kills in 1 game yesterday. When that gets boring I'll switch to the defibulator. Been using a shotgun the past few days and have 500+ kills now with the USAS-12. Really a very devestating gun at close range and much better than I had originally thought. I'll probably take that gun to platinum as I don't have any platinum stars in the shotgun/all kits class. It also forces me to use my pistol when the enemy is out of shotgun range. Getting a lot of kills witjh the MP-443 Grach. Keeps me interested for now.

dude u do have 550+ hrs logged on the game. how much longer do you expect it to remain interesting? i think you've got your money's worth :lol: but i do agree the atacama desert conquest is fun. except if ur team is a bunch of campers. one game the otherday was a full 12vs 12 map. my squad was the only squad atttacking mcoms. the rest of the team (7 people) were camping in our base. :angry:

i dont like port valadez conquest. and the jeep in that is buggy if you're on the gun.

I like the point increases for destroying the m-com stations in rush mode now. 50 points for arming and 250 points for destroying it. I've been putting 6 packs of C4 on it, throwing down an ammo pack and reloading my C4, then detonating the first 6 packs for 300 objective damage points(50 per C4 pack), loading 6 more C4 packs on it, arming for 50 more points, then detonating the C4 for 300 more points plus 250 points for destroying the objective. Lots of points to be had if you can slip in. Reload and go get the next one. The alarm doesn't go off until it's too late.

IMO they had to up the points. it clearly takes way too long to get to lvl 50. that and it gives less incentive to camp and actually attack. A note with c4, dont use it on your own mcoms when ur defending. One time i was stuffing arround because it was 2am there was only 4 people on the server and we were down to defending the very last mcom. so i stupidly say "beer all round if we win from here". so the other team stopped attacking the mcoms :lol:. so i threw c4 all over the mcom just to see what would happen. you lose like 100pts for "objective damage" and then like 300 for blowing the whole thing up. :ouch: Up side was we lost so i didnt have to pay up :lol:

From not playing in the past few days, I am playing horrible trying to get back into the game.

i found this too when i stopped playing for a couple of weeks because of exams.

another funny story i have. i played pretty much all day yesterday. took a break for a few hrs and then jumped on a different server. turns out on my team there was this dude who'd i'd spent the greater half of this morning dominating. he did a mic check. and his next words were "oh its you blue. you were absolutely raping me this morning. and now you're on my team" to which i responded with "i can swap teams if you'd like :P" to which he responed "No, no, no, no, no, no, no. you're staying on this team. and if you change i'll swap too"

I want more than my money's worth. I'm at level 48 now so level 50 is within close reach. I would never put C4 on my own m-com if I were defending :haha: . Glad they upped the point value for destroying them. Getting tired of seeing snipers who contribute very little getting the ace pin. Now if you want that ace pin you need to grow a pair and go plant. Good incentive and I applaud the change. Snipers are useful to a point and make up a critical component of the team but way too many snipers screws your team over and most are too selfish to change their kit for fear their precious K/D ratio may suffer. DICE is doing a good job and improving the game all of the time so I've been fairly happy with it. I'd like to see a few more improvements but I have to say that as of now this has been my favorite game to date. I liked MW2 quite a bit at the time but after significant time with BFBC2 I find MW2 so terrible that I can't stand to play it for more than 1 round befrore I abandon it.

I want more than my money's worth. I'm at level 48 now so level 50 is within close reach. I would never put C4 on my own m-com if I were defending :haha:

i see people put c4 arround the mcoms when defending all the time. i guess they think they'll catch a dude planting. but all it ever does objective damage. its why i dont think about why we lose. that and the fact nobody ever bloody defuses. :angry:
  • Like 1

True I see it done as well. Maybe if the penalty for your own defender's explosive doing damage to the m-com cost more points people would start to get it. Also would be nice if it were worth more points to defuse the m-com.

Also would be nice if it were worth more points to defuse the m-com.

:withstupid: this plus 1million. and / or make the time it takes to defuse equal to the time it takes to plant

zh1nt0 - The article published by PC-Gamer is not accurate. We are currently researching if Onslaught will be available for PC. No release date.

They should just make it like L4D. Players host their games. Its only a 4 Player Co-Op anyways.

You got a list of features you want to see in BC2? Or know of some bugs you want to get fixed?

Here is your chance to get those ideas/bugs acknowledged from DICE: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1233808-what-your-biggest-issues.html (They said its not a ranting topic, so any non-constructive posts will be removed)

• Like 2