The noob effect.

sack_patrol

I'm totally realistic and objective.

hilarious.

as others have suggested, you're either trolling, or you're just not going to realise why what you're saying isn't "realistic and objective" no matter how many times people try to explain it. either way i don't have time for this.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

professional ha little to do with professional gamer. 2 different worlds.

I'm probably the fifth person to tell you this: A professional gamer gets paid for what he is doing, whereas a amateur plays "for fun". A professional gamer CAN be beaten by an amateur gamer.You obviously arent a professional gamer, even if you hint it in other posts, since a pro would never have time to write nonsense and troll on forums. Please go back to CS:S and be a "pro" at the pub server owning "noobs".

Edited by Jump4h

whatever u say

Seriously if you are going to preach your opinion here, do it appropriately, when people ask you questions or give you statements and you say something like that it just comes off as childish. Honestly, I used to be just like you, having this ideology that only gameplay matters and that graphics are for people that don't know what gaming is, I had the same personality as you except for the pro bit, I have never thought of myself as pro and never will. Try to give real responses and not act like some tough guy on the internet.

then play with other $20 wagerers. B:)

super mario bros 3 is awesome. I had it a while back on my pc...I dunno where it is now. I never finished it but I'd like to some time.

I bet you $200 I can beat you in SMB3 lmao...how about whoever can beat it the fastest? nub

Yeah, what happens if I get lag out there?! And no respawn points... X_x

Lmao I <3 Doug.

You think MW2 is a bad game, but the majority of people out there love it, and no matter how little features it introduced, the general consensus is that the game is good.

People thought Assassin's Creed was good, but I personally thought it was too repetitive. However, just because I find a fault in a game and hate it that much doesn't mean that it's a bad game. If anything, it means that I'm bad at deciding if games are any good or not.

Edited by tkrow21

Lmao I <3 Doug.

You think MW2 is a bad game, but the majority of people out there love it, and no matter how little features it introduced, the general consensus is that the game is good.

Exactly. I know someone who lives in a family of gamers, and has been gaming since he was a babe, and do you know what? He was over at his uncle's to try out his new 4-monitor setup, and the first thing he did when he came back was to buy MW2.

As one IGN reviewer said, "this game is terrible.... but I know someone out there really likes this game, and I see no reason to say that person's wrong".

I bet you $200 I can beat you in SMB3 lmao...how about whoever can beat it the fastest? nub

I never played the whole game. Of course you'll beat me.

Though here's my idea: Why don't we play a game of HL2DM and I bet ya $200 I'd own ur face. No? Oh ok, thats what I though.

See how that works?

I never was a big fan of Super Mario but I played his classic games just because they are classic and deserve to be played.

Lmao I <3 Doug.

People thought Assassin's Creed was good, but I personally thought it was too repetitive. However, just because I find a fault in a game and hate it that much doesn't mean that it's a bad game. If anything, it means that I'm bad at deciding if games are any good or not.

I wouldn't say it's terrible. It's just badly executed. There are simply some things that there is no reason for them to not be there. As for assassins creed. Yes it was repetitive, no doubt about it. Though it got saved by GAMEPLAY. I had never seen or played another game like this one. I don't think there are any other games that even come close to the free frunning of Assassins Creed. Prince of Persia has a bit of that but it's not that deep. I actually played AC twice just because I enjoyed free running and exploring so much. Story was fine too. I think that AC2 won't be as good as 1. I don't know why...just a feeling. It will have all the free running and stuff but I just don't think it's going to feel the same as when you first played AC1 (taking in future cuz I'm waiting for PC version).

Now as for the professional gamer thing. You can be pro and not get payed for it...it's not a crime. I don't wanna spend my life playing games and living of them. I'd like to do other stuff and have a normal life. See, I get up in the morning, I brush my teeth, take a showe, change pants, have breakfast...thats like 5 things already. Though this doesn't mean I can't be pro at gaming. Pro doesn't only mean "play games - get paid". I'm not the most pro in the world I'm not afraid nor am I embarrassed of it. I actually don't know how good am I since I've never gone up against any of those you call "professional gamers" though I would say I'm not far behind considering it's not my job and I am pro for fun, not for money. Or maybe I missed some kind of new law that each pro gamer is now obligated to go and compete for money, though I doubt that thats the case. You can go be pro for money if u want. I couldn't care less.

Edited by ballist1x

I never played the whole game. Of course you'll beat me.

Though here's my idea: Why don't we play a game of HL2DM and I bet ya $200 I'd own ur face. No? Oh ok, thats what I though.

Lets do it. I have a feeling you can't pay up though =S

Excellent. Thank you. I guess I'll go with cod4 then. There should be a lot of people still playing it rite? Actually I'll check in Gametracker.com Thats where all the dedicated servers are.

But thanks again.

EDIT: I watched some vids on youtube of ppl playing the game on the PC and it really doesn't seem so bad. I'll see if I can get $50 more from my mom. haha

I am pro for fun, not for money.

I think the word you are looking for is good. If you are good at baseball for example, but you aren't getting paid, then you aren't "pro". It is the same as in gaming. I realize that everyone has been telling you this for several pages, but thought that I'd say it as well.