The noob effect.

sack_patrol

No one is asking you to agree to liking or even playing the games mentioned in the video, but there are people that enjoy those games and to insult the game is to insult the player. It might not be a game you want to play but that doesn't make it a bad game. I personally hate MW2 and think it sucks but that doesn't make it a bad game, it's obviously a fine game or no one would play it. I could go into detail about this matter but I'm hoping this is enough to make you realize that when you go around calling people noobs for playing games you don't like is just silly.

I never judge upon games I "don't like". It doesn't matter if I like it or not. If the guy is pro I can't tell him anything and I don't care if he plays Sims or that game with the flying flowers on PS3. Though if someone were to say CSS or HL2DM or any of the games I play were bad, I wouldn't care... Because the truth is that CSS is the number 1 fps game. It's the purest, simplest yet skill demanding fps experience, and if you can't play that - you can't play anything else. Thats in general, I'm not even refering to pros only. MW2 is in fact a bad game. I call it a Mod of COD4 and thats what makes it bad. COD4 is good as it was new...it had new cool stuff to show the internets...MW2 has nothing to show that hasn't been shown before. The thing is though - I don't play COD at all (I think I wanna but i dunno, I'm thinkin about it). If somebody is pro at it, then he's pro I'm not gonna say he isn't because I don't play the game...I'm totally realistic and objective.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what makes a game good is if you enjoy it.. And I did enjoy GOW (the online was awesome), and I enjoy all of the CODs. The way I see it, each person has their own version of good and bad. So just because Jarrett (yes I know him from the PP show) says GOW or COD is bad, does not make it bad. Each person is entitled to their own opinion. He doesn't like those games. I do. So what? Nothing will come of this debate or choosing sides. Believing that you are sticking up for something is great and all.. But who cares. Stop whining and go have some fun!!

See, there is your problem, you keep thinking your opinion is the only opinion worth hearing. CSS is not the best FPS ever, you just think it is, the game is and always will be a camper's candyland. Your opinion is not "the truth" and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking it is. By the way, just so you know, I'm one of those guys that plays the flying flowers game(Flower) on the PS3 and it has great gameplay around in my opinion, I mean if you are talking about a game where the you actually play the story and don't read or watch it, this is a game that does just that. I know this because I love to explore and experience new games all the time, my range of games spreads from Flower to Left 4 Dead to Diablo 2 to CSS to Mirror's Edge to Plants vs Zombies, the list could go on for a mile. I think most gamers out there would agree with me when I say gaming is about experiencing new stuff, enjoyment, relaxation, learning, and just having fun, not trying to make yourself a better person by beating everyone else on earth at a video game, I mean that's like trying to make yourself a better person by shoving a nerd at school into a locker... the point I'm trying to get at here is that you just need to calm down and stop acting like you are some kind of BA that thinks they are too cool to play against anyone when challenged.

ballist1x isn't trolling at all, and neither is he condoning himself in any negative behavior.

ballist1x, you have to understand that there are different kinds of games for different kinds of people. Some will offer great competition, and some will offer realistic stories. It's a lot like movies; some are going to have lots of explosions and action sequences while others will contain a romantic love story. Yes, they're both movies, but they obviously appeal to different people.

I'm still looking for a kudos button :)

+1

& why slam portal? It has the 'challenging puzzles' the guy mentions. No I did not like it much @ first but it won me over.

because all it had going was the new portal gameplay which I found very amazing but that was about it. Just a couple of super easy challenges to complete in 2-3 hours. I guess he could have gone a bit easy on portal. It'd be awesome if for hl2ep3 they use portal technology along with the gravity gun. Now THAT will be something else.

See, there is your problem, you keep thinking your opinion is the only opinion worth hearing. CSS is not the best FPS ever, you just think it is, the game is and always will be a camper's candyland. Your opinion is not "the truth" and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking it is. By the way, just so you know, I'm one of those guys that plays the flying flowers game(Flower) on the PS3 and it has great gameplay around in my opinion, I mean if you are talking about a game where the you actually play the story and don't read or watch it, this is a game that does just that. I know this because I love to explore and experience new games all the time, my range of games spreads from Flower to Left 4 Dead to Diablo 2 to CSS to Mirror's Edge to Plants vs Zombies, the list could go on for a mile. I think most gamers out there would agree with me when I say gaming is about experiencing new stuff, enjoyment, relaxation, learning, and just having fun, not trying to make yourself a better person by beating everyone else on earth at a video game, I mean that's like trying to make yourself a better person by shoving a nerd at school into a locker... the point I'm trying to get at here is that you just need to calm down and stop acting like you are some kind of BA that thinks they are too cool to play against anyone when challenged.

I'd go ahead and accept any challenge dude, it's just that is a total waste of time for me. So unless your ready to get serious (because thats what pro gaming is) don't bother. I'm not going out of my way to prove anything to anyone.

And yes games are in fact about fun n exploring new stuff. Most games have nothing new to offer that hasn't been done in another game better. Perfect example MW2<MW1, I wouldn't say it was bad but rather badly executed by the infinity noobs. But yet, Half-Life 2 managed to make 3 games...well 1 full and 2 small ones, but they all had different game play. They were all the same thing but at the same time all a bit different from each other.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that games are loosing slowly whats most important in a game. GamePlay. Because thats the most important part of a game. If not then god knows why they were called "games". Story is there to keep you going to give a bit meaning to the game but it shouldn't take over the whole thing.

Edited by ballist1x

because all it had going was the new portal gameplay which I found very amazing but that was about it. Just a couple of super easy challenges to complete in 2-3 hours. I guess he could have gone a bit easy on portal. It'd be awesome if for hl2ep3 they use portal technology along with the gravity gun. Now THAT will be something else.

Firstly, stop claiming you're a pro gamer because you're obviously not. And secondly, calling a developer a noob is kind of ridiculous, considering most of Infinity Ward's developers probably wouldn't call themselves gamers anyway.

Firstly, stop claiming you're a pro gamer because you're obviously not.

whatever u say

And secondly, calling a developer a noob is kind of ridiculous, considering most of Infinity Ward's developers probably wouldn't call themselves gamers anyway.

I didn't mean it that way. I mean they sucked at making the game good for the pc as it could have been better. I don't see why they wouldn't want MORE money. As thousands of people seem to want dedicated servers. Maybe they already have the game but at least they'd be happier which I think every company wants from their customers so that they keep buying stuff from them. See if they had kept the dedicated servers + implement the new match making = Instant WIN!

Edited by ballist1x

And yes games are in fact about fun n exploring new stuff. Most games have nothing new to offer that hasn't been done in another game better. Perfect example MW2<MW1, I wouldn't say it was bad but rather badly executed by the infinity noobs. But yet, Half-Life 2 managed to make 3 games...well 1 full and 2 small ones, but they all had different game play. They were all the same thing but at the same time all a bit different from each other.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that games are loosing slowly whats most important in a game. GamePlay. Because thats the most important part of a game. If not then god knows why they were called "games". Story is there to keep you going to give a bit meaning to the game but it shouldn't take over the whole thing.

Terrible games have been released since video games were created. All you are doing is trying to say now is different - it is not. Bad games come out for every system, and this will never change. Finding the good ones FOR YOU is part of being what a gamer is and always will be. Like I said before, certain people have certain tastes. You cannot shove your opinion down someones throat, because I am sure someone would disagree with you about a game you enjoy. And when you don't listen to other people is when you become a hypocrite...

Now as far as the COD, and especially MW2, they are all entertaining games. Yes, there are many similarities to the others, but so what? It works, and the game is enjoyable. I play it every now and then, and I love playing online. Because I don't play it that often, I usually get my a$$ handed to me, but who cares? It is just a video games, not real life.

And lastly.. To expand more on my first point, there has always been and always will be terrible books/games/movies/etc. I do not see you going off on the Saw movies, or any of the TV shows that last a long time, or anything like that. That is because tons of people like them. So maybe YOU have the wrong point of view, instead of THEM having the wrong point of view.

This is life... Stop being so judgmental. Live a little, try enjoying other things than what Jarrett tells you to enjoy (and dislike). 'Cause you only live once - something we all need to remember.

Edited by TraptPatriot

It is just a video games, not real life.

Yeah, what happens if I get lag out there?! And no respawn points... X_x

Terrible games have been released since video games were created. All you are doing is trying to say now is different - it is not. Bad games come out for every system, and this will never change. Finding the good ones FOR YOU is part of being what a gamer is and always will be. Like I said before, certain people have certain tastes. You cannot shove your opinion down someones throat, because I am sure someone would disagree with you about a game you enjoy. And when you don't listen to other people is when you become a hypocrite...

Ya but what was the cause of the game being bad? It's not the same as today. It's very different.

Those are exactly my thoughts (why one but not both?) but please hold back on the name-calling!

And on the first point - look up the meaning of "professional"...

professional ha little to do with professional gamer. 2 different worlds.

Edited by ballist1x