The noob effect.

sack_patrol

You know, at the beginning of this thread, I was nodding and agreeing with what you had said. Now it seems you're justing purposefully disagreeing with everything.

Yikes man, hop down off the pedestal.

I'm only agreeing with the video. Which most others seem to be disagreeing with.

As for the audiences...ya, thats true. Theres the wanna be gamers aka noobs, and theres the pro gamers. Obviously not all games are meant to be played by pro gamers because then there would be absolutely no profit as it's totaly ez to be a noob, but try being pro... Noobs get suckered in by grafix and story and lots of cut scenes.

Edited by ballist1x

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only agreeing with the video. Which most others seem to be disagreeing with.

As for the audiences...ya, thats true. Theres the wanna be gamers aka noobs, and theres the pro gamers. Obviously not all games are meant to be played by pro gamers because then there would be absolutely no profit as it's totaly ez to be a noob, but try being pro... Noobs get suckered in by grafix and story and lots of cut scenes.

And yet I am always top of the list by 15+ kills in cod4&mw2..http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=161639&st=72

The only game he mentioned that I didn't like was call of duty modern warfare 2 and that's mostly because it doesn't have servers and because I felt there was not enough added content to raise the price as well as many other reasons that do not affect the gameplay according to the video and yourself.

Never mentioned MW2, video was made in early 2008.

What I think is that his point is correct. Games are getting deeper and deeper storylines with prettier graphics. This is great, but some developers are taking the time to refine the story and graphics and completely forget about making the game fun. There aren't that many games that fall into this category though; it mostly comes down to preference.

Edited by tkrow21

What I think is that his point is correct. Games are getting deeper and deeper storylines with prettier graphics. This is great, but some developers are taking the time to refine the story and graphics and completely forget about making the game fun.

Ah you see the light.

There aren't that many games that fall into this category though; it mostly comes down to preference.

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

Never mentioned MW2, video was made in early 2008.

What I think is that his point is correct. Games are getting deeper and deeper storylines with prettier graphics. This is great, but some developers are taking the time to refine the story and graphics and completely forget about making the game fun. There aren't that many games that fall into this category though; it mostly comes down to preference.

He sort of mentioned it, for people that consider modern warfare 2 part of the call of duty series anyway because it would be number 6 in the lineup.

He sort of mentioned it, for people that consider modern warfare 2 part of the call of duty series anyway because it would be number 6 in the lineup.

He didn't. That was an example of how fast each next game came out. He could have gone up to 7 8 9...but that would start being stupid so 2 extra numbers seemed enough to get the message through. Well I guess you could say he "mentioned" it..but he didn't really know of it...it's hard to explain but more likely that he didn't mention MW2.

Edited by ballist1x

I know I he didn't directly say it but basically I can just agree with him on the matter, in my opinion modern warfare 2 is more of a cash in than a game but I didn't want to say it because it would get things off topic. I just really don't like the game at all so I was projecting my opinion with his statement.

I just really don't like the game at all so I was projecting my opinion with his statement.

that makes 2 of us. If I had to buy one of the 2 Modern warfares I'd go with COD4. It's cheaper, it's original (MW2 = nothing more than COD4 + a couple of extra stuff which I don't even care about), it's got dedicated servers.

I still disagree with it. A true gamer loves games.

I think we can all agree that lately many games seem to focus more on graphics than the actual gameplay and thats not good. But that's not all of what he is saying. According to him, games like GoW supposedly earn the n00b effect ...which I completely disagree. GoW is actually a really fun game. If you haven't played it simply because of idiots saying its not "pro" than I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

Gamers love games.

People need to stop hating on each other and just game more.

OK, so you're implying that only pro gamers and wannabe gamers exist? What about proper amateur gamers? Self-confessed casual gamers? People who aren't obsessed with labeling themselves and others? At the moment you're acting like you're the member of some elite organization and taking pleasure in it...

Edited by Union Of V

OK, so you're implying that only pro gamers and wannabe gamers exist? What about proper amateur gamers? Self-confessed casual gamers? People who aren't obsessed with labeling themselves and others? At the moment you're acting like you're the member of some elite organization and taking pleasure in it...

Those proper amateur gamers are also in the noob category. Unless they pwn and know what a good game is they are noobs, doesn't really matter what kind. That kind of person doesn't play for being the best or trying and that would make him simply not good at games aka noob. Though those kinds of people I wouldn't pick on. They just mind their own business and know their place so it's cool.

Also, I'm not in any elite organization and I'm not taking pleasure in anything.

I still disagree with it. A true gamer loves games.

I think we can all agree that lately many games seem to focus more on graphics than the actual gameplay and thats not good. But that's not all of what he is saying. According to him, games like GoW supposedly earn the n00b effect ...which I completely disagree. GoW is actually a really fun game. If you haven't played it simply because of idiots saying its not "pro" than I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

Gamers love games.

People need to stop hating on each other and just game more.

A true gamer loves games for game play.

How is GOW fun? Like...movie/book fun or like...game fun I always get those 2 mixed up.

I don't take anyones word for anything ever. Certainly not for games. I didn't like GOW way before the video was released.

Those proper amateur gamers are also in the noob category. Unless they pwn and know what a good game is they are noobs, doesn't really matter what kind. That kind of person doesn't play for being the best or trying and that would make him simply not good at games aka noob. Though those kinds of people I wouldn't pick on. They just mind their own business and know their place so it's cool.

Also, I'm not in any elite organization and I'm not taking pleasure in anything.

A true gamer loves games for game play.

How is GOW fun? Like...movie/book fun or like...game fun I always get those 2 mixed up.

I don't take anyones word for anything ever. Certainly not for games. I didn't like GOW way before the video was released.

How do you know what a true gamer is? Watching a youtube video? There is probably 30+ million gamers out there, and you're only one small dot in that huge crowd. If they're owning in GOW at the highest difficult level that DOES make them "