The noob effect.

sack_patrol

I've really nothing else to add. Vid says it all. If u think the vid is lying, then that is the noob effect. If not, but still think GOW is a good game then again, noob effect. :D

NSFW: Language

I do find it a bit sad though... starts 2.03

Edited by sdy284

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really nothing else to add. Vid says it all. If u think the vid is lying, then that is the noob effect. If not, but still think GOW is a good game then again, noob effect. :D

I do find it a bit sad though... starts 2.03

WOW...after watching i suddenly feel like a loser gamer POS who will never amount to anything... :lol: ...oh well, this too shall pass, in about 15 seconds and then i'm back into half life 2... B:)

You can have a compelling story that doesn't slow down the game. Example: Portal.

Zelda is fun and has a story, though after a play it would be nice to be able to skip cutscenes.

I think the narrator is narrating all wrong, he makes you hate him even when you agree because he is being a prick. I agree COD4 sucks. Stories though should be a part of any game where the develper, creator wants it, or any game where it totally works fluidly. GTA 4 does suck. GOW does suck. I assume he doesn't like Half life or any other game where you can't make it a competition.

I just got to the part where he disses portal... Portal is awesome and it doesn't cost nearly as much as other games which makes up for the fact that it is short. Its scary the first time you play it, its fun, its got some replay value and it has fun gameplay.

ballist1x I don't think you are as l33t as you think you are. There I said it. I challenge you to a game of your choosing (scored or vs).

Edited by xchrissypoox

I personally believe that gameplay is the most important factor in a game but there is absolutely nothing wrong with having the game look pretty and having a story, a good example of this is uncharted 2. Anyone that believes gameplay isn't affected by factors like graphics or the story is just a noob. I would think people would be getting kind of sick of games by now if we were still stuck on 16-bit consoles.

I agree, the overall thought is right, but he comes off as a complete butthole - particularly in the way he seems to imply that the only "good" game is a tactical multiplayer FPS... COD4 isn't Counterstrike, tough, get over it. It's not doing you any harm if you're not playing it.

I find the complaint about graphics becoming a priority particularly hilarious. I agree that balanced gameplay should always be a higher priority than film-like cgi, but do we really want to return to the days of DOS "3D"?

I still agree that gameplay is often overlooked in favour of glitter, but you can't start complaining that your favourite genre is becoming overlooked when you're in the minority. Just because you have different wants than the casual newcomers doesn't mean you can slate them (case in point: Unix vs Linux, console vs GUI).

Even though the video was a bit comedic,it was very true.Ive been gaming since magicland dizzy on my amstrad cpc 464(green screen :P ) and ive been through every major console and a few rare ones as well.I can proudly call myself a TRUE gamer,i have a passion for it,i enjoy it,and i get a buzz out of it.I complete my games,saviour the experience,and tell my friends about them.I havent played Gow 2 yet,but i went out and got my son a 360 last week for christmas,and i bought my 'personal' copy of gow 2 along with a VGA cable for my monitor.Im excited to play it,all true gamers should feel 'THAT' feeling when opening or playing a new game.Resi 6? I cant wait!!

You can have a compelling story that doesn't slow down the game. Example: Portal.

Zelda is fun and has a story, though after a play it would be nice to be able to skip cutscenes.

I think the narrator is narrating all wrong, he makes you hate him even when you agree because he is being a prick. I agree COD4 sucks. Stories though should be a part of any game where the develper, creator wants it, or any game where it totally works fluidly. GTA 4 does suck. GOW does suck. I assume he doesn't like Half life or any other game where you can't make it a competition.

I just got to the part where he disses portal... Portal is awesome and it doesn't cost nearly as much as other games which makes up for the fact that it is short. Its scary the first time you play it, its fun, its got some replay value and it has fun gameplay.

ballist1x I don't think you are as l33t as you think you are. There I said it. I challenge you to a game of your choosing (scored or vs).

1st: All of halflife games are 100% games with no cut scenes, and the story is there but u can disregard it. Portal is the same - story is there but if u don't care nobody makes u know it unlike other games. When I was little and played halflife1 for the first time...I was quite confused with it as it didn't resemble any of my other games which were more or less the same thing. Later when I got more interested in the HL universe I thought back at when I was playing the game and though about all those things that I never cared or noticed at the time. So I kinda got into the story...but when I was playing it...I didn't care and nobody made me to.

2nd: Unless ur ready to put 100$ on the table don't challenge me.

3rd: I didn't feel like I hated him when I watched the vid like 10 times. I even felt the exact same way and find that he really confronted everything that is "noob" so to say in the gaming world.

:lol::bah: that was hilarious

I edited your original post with an NSFW language warning as well ;)

I'm not sure what that is but I'm guessing it has something to do with the bad language in the vid... Should I put this warning if posting any vids with bad language?

I find the complaint about graphics becoming a priority particularly hilarious. I agree that balanced gameplay should always be a higher priority than film-like cgi, but do we really want to return to the days of DOS "3D"?

No we don't but we ALSO don't want our games turning into novels.

All in all the guy was 100% accurate. And for some it may be "sad but true" (Metallica song), but thats how it is. As the narrator said: gaming isn't for everyone.

Someone posted something about COD and um ... I'm don't play it for reasons that might piss of some ppl but it is a game that brought(there may be other that use stuff like lvling n whatevers but cod4 seemed to have implemented it the best of the buch) new kinds of things to gaming...not necessarily good things but NEW things non the less...what I wanna say is that we aren't getting enough of that "NEW" factor. COD is also a good example for this as they release those freakin games like each month but don't really change anything or give new things for the player to do. Just change some maps, put some WWII skins and there ya go COD5. Put back Modern SWAT skins, some more maps and there ya go COD6, but why should I buy cod 6 and not cod 4? For all I know, COD4 has dedicated servers and COD6 doesn't. You get the point.

I never wager more then $20

then play with other $20 wagerers. B:)

LMAO that's hilarious.

I don't know how you guys are writing whole paragraphs in response to that, but it was funny. :)

why not, if somebody wants to share thoughts about stuff...why not share what he/she wants to say?

Edited by ballist1x

why not, if somebody wants to share thoughts about stuff...why not share what he/she wants to say?

No there's nothing wrong with it.

I just can't think of a paragraph response to it. :P