Metro 2033

tkrow21

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny how they know the real time performance of the GTX 480//470 to list it for optimal. lol

i would laugh so hard if the 5970 or 5870 kicked their asses even if only by a small margin

Edited by bilcliff

• 1 month later...
So Bottom Line is this worth a buy or a pass?

I will likely end up getting it for my 360... My computer is decent but it isn't that great to enjoy the DX11. So I figured just get it for the 360.

i've just started working my way thru 2033 and so far it's exceeded my expectations at highest difficulty setting...graphics are really cool in dx11...

downside...uh i guess i missed the part about this being a steam game..well maybe that's not so bad as i don't have to fiddle around with the dvd and etc...

• 3 months later...

Holy crap.

Just got this game in the contest, and let me tell you, it is amazing (at least graphically).

No idea why people say "But can it run Crysis?" when this game is out.

In Crysis at medium settings with 2xAA and 4xAF I get 45-60 frames per second.

In Metro 2033 at normal settings with 0xAA and 0xAF I get 20-30 frames per second.

Both of these are at a resolution of 1680x1050.

And it looks awesome at medium with DX10.

th_Metro20332010-08-1817-16-24-07.jpg

th_Metro20332010-08-1817-17-20-71.jpg

I now have an excuse for a more expensive video card haha!

Holy crap.

Just got this game in the contest, and let me tell you, it is amazing (at least graphically).

No idea why people say "But can it run Crysis?" when this game is out.

In Crysis at medium settings with 2xAA and 4xAF I get 45-60 frames per second.

In Metro 2033 at normal settings with 0xAA and 0xAF I get 20-30 frames per second.

Both of these are at a resolution of 1680x1050.

And it looks awesome at medium with DX10.

th_Metro20332010-08-1817-16-24-07.jpg

th_Metro20332010-08-1817-17-20-71.jpg

I now have an excuse for a more expensive video card haha!

it still looks pretty decent

There's still a high, and then very high. And then DX11 ultra. lol...

I found there is a reason why the recommend cards for DX11 are the 470 and 480. Using DX10 at Medium quality on my 5770 and probably average around 43 FPS. One thing that's annoying is that VSync isn't enabled, so I was hitting frame rates over 100, as the screen would go dark and such. Well, I'll be starting school again soon, so I probably shouldn't get a new video card, won't go to too much use right away. (Not to mention, though I am now, that the HD6000 series from ATI will be out soon.)

I have to agree about this being a better current test than Crysis. Too bad there isn't a benchmark built in, because this would push any hardware quite well.

IDK WTF ^^^^^ is talking about but whatever....

Started playing this game the other night and I need a new video card, looks really, really nice on ultra settings at 1920x1200 but framerates dip into the teens when the action starts. I think I am going to wait till the AMD 6k series comes out as people will likely be selling off their beefy 5 series cards for cheap.