Metro 2033

tkrow21

Which ending did you get Death? The good or bad ending?

I got both, I did the bad ending first then went back and did the good ending. From what I could tell this game doesn't actually hand you an ending based on your choices throughout the game.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got both, I did the bad ending first then went back and did the good ending. From what I could tell this game doesn't actually hand you an ending based on your choices throughout the game.

I thought it did, it's just that the decisions aren't always obvious. Don't know for sure though, I'd have to reinstall to make sure, but I seem to remember that it wouldn't let me get the good ending in the end because I did make the bad choices earlier on. Doesn't really matter though, I should replay the game all the way through anyway, since I've upgrade my GPU.

I thought it did, it's just that the decisions aren't always obvious. Don't know for sure though, I'd have to reinstall to make sure, but I seem to remember that it wouldn't let me get the good ending in the end because I did make the bad choices earlier on. Doesn't really matter though, I should replay the game all the way through anyway, since I've upgrade my GPU.

Maybe I just played the game to where my character was in the middle of the good and bad then, which is strange to me because I mostly made good decisions aside from maybe 1 or 2 times. I know of at least 1 for sure and then maybe a second time later on but I can't be sure since the game went to black before the filter showed up, actually the game did that a lot to me, felt kind of buggy.

Well what I said is true. If you cant feel it is because of your personality.

Take this extreme situation.

You are playing metro, in your bedroom in the dark or partial-lights (dark ambient), Surround System. Full Screen. Nice graphics. Big TV. Comfortable chair.

VS

You are playing metro in a cyber-café, surrounded of people, with headsets (you still hear lot of people around talking), smoking people around, lots of lights, people entering and going out from the café, street car's noise. Sucky chair. Stock Monitor.

Well you will see a huge difference.

Difference exists. Minimal or not, exists. =)

Well what I said is true. If you cant feel it is because of your personality.

Take this extreme situation.

You are playing metro, in your bedroom in the dark or partial-lights (dark ambient), Surround System. Full Screen. Nice graphics. Big TV. Comfortable chair.

VS

You are playing metro in a cyber-café, surrounded of people, with headsets (you still hear lot of people around talking), smoking people around, lots of lights, people entering and going out from the café, street car's noise. Sucky chair. Stock Monitor.

Well you will see a huge difference.

Difference exists. Minimal or not, exists. =)

Wait... how is it a result of your personality but you give examples of scenarios?

I do agree that it's a matter of the kind of person playing it though. Personally I would have more trouble getting into a game with a surround sound system than headphones, I just prefer headphones. I don't really like playing any of my games fullscreen, that actually subtracts from a game a great deal for me. Not sure how big of a TV you're talking but I have a 28" which is good for the distance I might sit, about 2' or 3'. I think metro is really going to have nice graphics no matter which settings you use, personally I used high and medium through most of the game and I thought it looked great the whole time, but I'm not really a graphics person anyway. I definitely agree about the comfortable chair, it's obviously something anyone would prefer over an uncomfortable chair.

Personally I don't have any cyber-cafe near me so that wouldn't really even be an option for me, however if I did I probably wouldn't use it under the conditions you've suggested. For starters, I would bring my own headset if I were to go to one, my HD280s do a decent job of drowning out sounds around me. I would think nobody would be allowed to smoke in the building either, it's probably quite different in other countries but in the US a lot of businesses don't allow smoking inside. The lighting probably wouldn't bother me, I'm just not that easily affected by that sort of thing, especially if I'm into a game. People entering and leaving the cafe would probably depend most on the weather I think, if it was extremely hot out or really cold out, that would definitely become a distraction. Not sure on the chair and monitor, I would honestly have to be given a good example of what you mean with those to say how they would affect my gaming. I really don't think they would have a crappy monitor with a computer intended to play a game like Metro 2033, however if the game intended was WoW or something other common non-demanding game, then the monitor problem wouldn't be very good.

Over simplifying the situation by using nice adjectives with one scenario and using demeaning adjectives with the other just is a terrible comparison really.

Edited by Deathmineral

o.0

eh?

Did you get to that particular sentence and just stop reading it or did you read the whole thing?

I'm asking this because I don't know how else to respond to you but I feel I should since you have a question mark.

I don't understand why you don't like fullscreen.

Agreed. Windowed mode is a detraction, not full screen. Full screen immerses you in the game, windowed just doesn't have the same effect.

I don't understand why you don't like fullscreen.

Agreed. Windowed mode is a detraction, not full screen. Full screen immerses you in the game, windowed just doesn't have the same effect.

Hmmm... guess I'm just a freak then. :teehee:

Hmmm... guess I'm just a freak then. :teehee:

There's no denying that. :lol::P

Personally, I can't stand windowed mode. I always get distracted by something else going on outside of the game. Full screen doesn't allow that because it forces you to focus entirely on the game and fully immerses you in the game. Windowed mode? Not really.