OCC IRC

tkrow21

Hey, first of all, the IRC is dead. It's dead because:

No one knows about it. When I wanted to find the IRC info, I couldn't, because the guide on OCC has the wrong channel info. I had to look EVEN deeper. If no one knows that the IRC exists, they sure aren't going to stumble upon it by accident.

No one uses it besides to chat. I believe that if you advertise it on the front page, we'd have a lot of people not wanting to register jumping into IRC to ask their questions, and seeing how much help they get, decide to register on the forums.

IRC CAN BE ALIVE IF YOU WANT IT TO BE ALIVE JUST JOIN GUYS ITS THE COOL THING TO DO JUST LOOK BELOW THIS OBNOXIOUS TEXT

Upgrade complete. will post info within 12 hours.

Server: 72.8.167.43 port 6667

Room: Overclockersclub.com

Edited by tkrow21

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

False. It actually got used quite often. As the years passed, it hasn't been used much at all.

:withstupid:

A good 5 years or so it was a very big thing. :D It would be more useful if it were on a real IRC network.

The IRC use to be very popular years ago but as years went on its popularity faded as the members that maintained it left the OCC or moved on. It comes back every know and then but seems to be a fading memory.

There's also the fact that VOIP messengers have become very popular like (Skype, Teamspeak ect) and have made a lot of people think that typing is a bulky way of communication.

False. It actually got used quite often. As the years passed, it hasn't been used much at all.

Want to bring it back with me? I remember you seemed to be on it all the time, along with myself and devil and a few others.

I miss IRC and if a few people wanted to try to get it going again, I'd be more than down (maybe we could get a channel on a real network, too).

When I first joined, 8/03 - it was active at about 10-15 people consistently. Probably within 2 years, if I remember correctly, no one was using it. There used to be a link on the home-page for it, I remember that part :P