Google Chrome

Phil

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck!

As I've been saying to my girlfriend for a while...it's only a matter of time before google takes over everything.

They've got the main search engine, email...and now a browser. Who knows? Maybe an OS is next?

Sure, they have great services...but, seemingly, at the price of your privacy...

Heh, i think an OS is a bit of a step from a browser/email etc. Though i would welcome them, it might even be like Mac without the price tags and propriatary everything.

I think the most annoying thing is when you open a new tab, it takes you to that, in opera crtl + shift will open it in the background. For example i like to look down the list of recent topics on OCC, open the ones i want to read in the background, read the news, then go along each topic. And having to click back to the main page every time is a hassle/waste of time. Just like in FF when you open a new tab, you get a blank page, what use is that?!? I'd like it to open the homepage at least, or in opera's case, all 9 'speed-dial' home pages.

Edited by Comp Dude2

I think the most annoying thing is when you open a new tab, it takes you to that, in opera crtl + shift will open it in the background.

Middle click on any bookmark if you just want a new tab. :)

I dunno, it's a decent browser I suppose. I like it better than IE, and IE8. IE8 I didn't like at all other than the private browsing, which google chrome has that as well, and the web slice thing but depending on how that works i'm worried it might have possible security flaws. The thing with incognito browsing is that I think it might be possible to do something along those lines through an add-on for FF3 but I could be wrong.

It doesn't seem faster to me, it looks rather cartooney too. I don't like the look of it for some reason, though that could also be fixed with themes.

The big killer on it for me is the stuff it installs and that it needs firewall permissions. I am not a fan of unnecessary processes or progs running or being installed with a program without me having an opportunity to deny them. Yes they can be disabled, but most avg. users do not know this nor take the time to learn how to do it.

I'll stick with FF3, mostly because of the add-ons and the look and feel.