The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's find out;

Travis you crack-head put the pipe down and post back.

I highly doubt he would take that for anything but a joke.

Nobody gets banned without a good reason, in my opinion.

I am sure there are some people here that are on the edge of getting banned, but won't because they haven't broken any rules.

Just realized I am going way off topic here. This was my last offense. Thread-crapping in my favorite thread, shame on me. :rolleyes:

ON TOPIC:

is that 100,000 vista download thing limited to only x86? i would love to use x64 to see how this 4800+ does using DC and x64 at once. also, my download stoped responding at 99% lmfao. still says downloading, but there is no download rate and the file on my desktop is still a partial and not an ISO (vista_5536.16385.060821-1900_vista_rc1_x86fre_client-lr1cfre_en_dvd.iso.dlm to be exact)

First an apology for posting in a rouge thread earlier, I knew better but I guess I got caught up in the moment… mea culpa and it won’t happen again.

I used the DL manager and got the ISO no prob, burned it then installed it on a fresh 33gig partition. Everything was going great, snappy like a fresh XP install. Then like a fool I tried to install the latest graphics driver off of nvidia.com… bad idea! I didn’t uninstall the MS driver first like I should have, I just clicked on “open” as soon as the DL finished. It started to install as expected then went to a black screen with an ASCI cursor in the upper left, it stayed this way for 2 min with my HDD thrashing until I hit reset. Upon reboot into Vista I get a black screen with normal sounds. I tried to reboot and hit f8 but it still boots to a black screen. I think I may be forked.

I’m gunna try booting from the DVD and seeing if there is a recovery console or something, otherwise I guess I’ll need to reinstall.

Be careful with video card drivers!

Thanks guys ....

I needed a good laugh....my sides hurt....

(next in line)

I will probably burn the ISO tonight or tommorro and load it right after....Wifes rig is still my test rig till I get a 754 pin cpu....

EDIT: word at MS is...if you bought the beta2 cd you will get a notifacation via email for RC1....

Downloaded (about 2hrs) and installed (little longer than XP).

Did it all at 2750MHz OCDB settings and was smooth as silk.

Loaded it off a virtual drive (Elaborate Bytes "Virtual Clone Drive") and didn't bother buring a DVD.

The keys from Beta 2 work fine. Didn't get anything in the mail eitherPostman probably ripped me.

Read that I need to do an F8 before boot and disable driver signing enforcement (every time if you want MBM5 and so many other programs to work).

Setup was MUCH less hassle than previous versions.

Triple booting XP Pro (with VTP 5.0), x64 Edition, and Vista 32.

Figured X32 version would be fine and a little easier to find drivers for. Just use the XP32 drivers right?.

I was wrong of course :)

Neither the Belkin F5D7050 USB wireless or the D-Link DWL-G520 PCI wireless card work.

And yet I had them both working in x64 Edition and In Vista x64.

Can't even get on the net with it until I run a cable. P.O.ed to say the least.

Too many projects right now but I'll get to some decent testing soon.

Makin' a big Birthday Cake for Happy that reads "Bite Me" using 64 candles.

AS 5 frosting with Ceramique for decorations. :D

(only 3 more days to get a FREE applicator of Arctic Silver "Ceramique" with a $25 order at SVC, see the link below my sig - you snooze, you lose).