The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

helo guys,

anybody can tell me where can i get the audio driver for the RS482?? a vista beta driver can be downloaded from their site, but i always gets an error when i want to install them....

help? Vista 5472, DFI RS482, onboard sound...

edit: manually install the one that comes with the cd... duh... lol sorry guys, but yeah it works now... i connect it to my tv, set media center to auto run, looks awesome now... of course the 512MB ram is really crushing it lol

thx anyway ;)

Microsoft has already been hacked which is really not a surprise from a hackers point of view. Unfortunately i will admit that i am one of the users that has opened up another Vista thread (sorry Reel shoot me) and if someone wants to use an OS other then Microsoft let him. Travis, someone should really put some soak into your mouth until your face turns red. -=JOKE=-

ban me first i am muslim :-}

Posting from Build 5536-

I went straight fromm my Email about this to downloading it, which took me about 5 hours, and burning to DVD.

Initial install was almost completely hands off, which was nice. The first thing I really noticed though was UAP. After a few hours of research and tweaking, I've got it so I should never have to see the dreaded UAP window again.

Drivers- My D-link DWL-520 works perfectly after using the XP drivers that came with it.

Encountered the same nVidia issues as everyone else, because those drivers are for the beta 2, not the Pre-RC1.

Installed the drivers from my handy-dandy LanParty setup CD, and I'm currently enjoying some nice 5.1 audio.

Unfortunately, I'm now using Vista instead of my XP install, because it appears that after installing this, my XP is screwed up (My XP is on a different physical drive, which was unplugged during the install. :confused: ). And When I actually DO get into XP, it's now crashed on me twice. :-/

Anyway, thoughts on Vista so far:

-It's pretty.

-Compatability still needs work.

-Much faster boot

-Babysits you too much.

-It's... Pretty.

Anyone having any luck with Nvidia drivers? I tried to use 88.61 on this build and killed my video altogether, I ended up reloading 5536. Now I’m afraid to try again unless somebody tells me it works and I can’t find anything about it on the nVidia site.

Avast! antivirus isn’t working on this build either, it installs with a warning then Vista disables it when you reboot. I can’t find any info on this issue anywhere.

Does anyone know of a really good Vista-centric forum? Or even a not so good one?