New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

I was being sarcastic about Asus' prices, since all the gadgets (refered as crap by burningrave101) are not worth as much as good capacitors, mosfets and other motherboar components... then the result will be of $1,000,000 Dollars per motherboard :shake:

Seriously, Asus and now MSI (CRAP!) motherboards cost a lot these days... and I have seen the nF4 SLI 16x chip prices, and it has nothing to do with how much they are charging for each one of their things... component vs. component, the DFI NF4 SLI-DR is worth more than the Asus and MSI, or maybe equal.

Haha, and people here are angry about the wrong CPU temperature of the DFI Expert... while Asus A8NSLI 32X owners complaint about real cpu overheating :shake:

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

here's an important question

is one of these setups soooo important that you just can't wait?

you got to have it now now now now now now???

haven't any of you learned a good lesson from previous purchases that if you purchase the latest, greatest, newest, shiniest...it is usually full of bugs and problems?

hey!

remember the NForce chipset? wow...what a buggy hunk of crap!!!

hey!

remember the NF2 chipset when it first came out? wow...what a buggy hunk of crap!

hey!

remember the NF3 chipset when it first came out? wow...what a buggy hunk of crap!

hey!

remember the NF4 chipset when it first came out? wow....what a buggy hunk of crap!

hey!

remember SLI when it first came out? wow, what a buggy hunk of crap!

hey!

remember Crossfire when it first came out? wow...what a buggy hunk of crap!

hey!

remember the first ATI chipset for AMD? wow....what a buggy hunk of crap!

hey!

remember that I could go on and on and on and on and you'd still probably want to buy the newest latest greatest shiniest thing just so you could come back and scream bloody murder about what a hunk of crap it is!

I think sometimes you guys love nothing more than to wish and beg and plead for something just so you can buy it and then complain about it.

I always insist you wait until second gen or it matures...but no one ever listens to me...you can tell this by the huge influx of users with each new board that scream like children HELP HELP HELP HELP because they rushed out and bought something before any of us have had a real chance to hang out with the new stuff and see exactly what is up with it...

LOL H_G. I was still running my LP PRO875B and a 3.4 Prescott for a year after the NF3 hit the streets, but we need people to buy new stuff the day it comes out so the problems start getting solved. Seems as though most tech related companies use their customers as testers these days. Not something we should have to do but no real way of doing anything about it except to not buy a product unless it performs out of the box.

LOL H_G. I was still running my LP PRO875B and a 3.4 Prescott for a year after the NF3 hit the streets, but we need people to buy new stuff the day it comes out so the problems start getting solved. Seems as though most tech related companies use their customers as testers these days. Not something we should have to do but no real way of doing anything about it except to not buy a product unless it performs out of the box.

true to a degree

the problem that everyone forgets and I have to explain time and time and time and time and time and time and time again is this:

DFI makes boards with hardware mfg'd by others like Nvidia, Marvell, etc

we put it all together on a motherboard

we test it with as many components and combinations of componets and softwares etc as we can

but we are a company...we can only test say for example 250 different combinations then we send it out the door (using the current most popular hardware combinations usually)'

newegg gets them

newegg sells them to you

you have hardware that is TOTALLY different than any hardware DFI or any employee of DFI has.

blammo all that testing we did goes out the window on YOUR setup.

10,000 other users buy the board.

10,000 users have a combined crazy number of something like 243,322,484 possible hardware combinations (you math nerds could probably tell me the exact number based on all the periphial combinations involved).

and hey

that is before we even get to adding in software like operating system and then applications and games and drivers

so then you all come back crying that we MADE you beta test a piece of crap board for you when teh reality is that we tested as well as we could given our budget and time constraints and even more important NO ONE FORCED YOU TO BUY IT.

but you know

a guy spends $200+ on a motherboard he don't want to hear the truth

he just wants to hear how we are gonna give him his money back or he's gonna sue us in a class action lawsuit

and to that here's my math:

users threatening to sue us in lawsuits, civil courts, class-action status, etc = probably 10,000+ over the years

number of actual lawsuits filed against us that were even heard by a judge = 0 (yes, zero)

this is just DFI....imagine real big companies like Asus and Abit etc

*sigh*

lol

here's an important question

is one of these setups soooo important that you just can't wait?

No' date=' I prefer to wait[/b']

you got to have it now now now now now now???

I already said NO, geez

haven't any of you learned a good lesson from previous purchases that if you purchase the latest, greatest, newest, shiniest...it is usually full of bugs and problems?

Actually I learned this when I bought 2 x MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboards, which of course had to be returned to RMA... SEVERAL TIMES!!!! I ended up having 5 x K8N Neo motherboards... and the last one, which I still have, is still bad... but at least it is not burning RAM or CPU, like one of the other 4 did :rolleyes:

hey!

remember the NForce chipset? wow...what a buggy hunk of crap!!!

NForce what? :shake:

hey!

remember the NF2 chipset when it first came out? wow...what a buggy hunk of crap!

I don't, I was wise enough to buy a very good Abit NF7-S V2.0... which I took up to 2.5 ghz (24/7) with a Mobile 2600+, previously up to 2.4 ghz (24/7) with a hot 3000+... and I still have running all day and night :)

hey!

remember the NF3 chipset when it first came out? wow...what a buggy hunk of crap!

Buggy is a short word to describe it... yet I always blame MSI since I have assembled two Gigabytes and both are running PEFECTLY TODAY :rolleyes:

hey!

remember the NF4 chipset when it first came out? wow....what a buggy hunk of crap!

Really??? HAHA, I always blamed Abit!!! Hehe, and I never had one... thank God!

hey!

remember SLI when it first came out? wow, what a buggy hunk of crap!

It has been good to me... running SLI since 12 months ago and zero problems so far... well, I did had a problem with two PSU's, but that was the PSU's manufacturer problem. Power hunger might be the only SLI problem :tooth:

hey!

remember Crossfire when it first came out? wow...what a buggy hunk of crap!

I think someone needs to drink decaf from now on :P

Well I haven't tried XFire yet... I believe it was buggy.

hey!

remember the first ATI chipset for AMD? wow....what a buggy hunk of crap!

LOL... ohh, you are a hardware tester, no wonder you know all the bugs that ever existed :tooth:

hey!

remember that I could go on and on and on and on and you'd still probably want to buy the newest latest greatest shiniest thing just so you could come back and scream bloody murder about what a hunk of crap it is!

I think sometimes you guys love nothing more than to wish and beg and plead for something just so you can buy it and then complain about it.

I always insist you wait until second gen or it matures...but no one ever listens to me...you can tell this by the huge influx of users with each new board that scream like children HELP HELP HELP HELP because they rushed out and bought something before any of us have had a real chance to hang out with the new stuff and see exactly what is up with it...

Doing this is the wise thing to do... but after waiting forever to change video cards, I want a 7950 GX2!!!! :nod:

I am sure it will have a ton of problems... but I have to, my life depends on it!!!! hehe, no it doesn't... but it is time to upgrade since I am also buying a bigger screen. The new platform, either be AM2 or Conroe, I will leave for later when it is more mature and you get to test and fix all the bugs HG :sweat:

LOL... ohh, you are a hardware tester, no wonder you know all the bugs that ever existed

no

I run this forum

I don't have 19,500+ posts because I spam in teh off topic section

I see bugs

all the bugs

I read all the tech support emails for the North American support team (even if Rgone and the office answers 99% of them, I read them)

I read other forums.

not just DFI forums.

abit forums

asus forums

msi forums

if you or anyone thinks that bugs are limited to a single motherboard model, or if you think that there is a single motherboard model that never had a single bug/problem...you should stop with the caffeine .

I am just realistic. If you take offense at it, or get upset at the things that i say, I don't know what to tell anyone other than maybe they are not used to blunt truth from someone who sees it day in and day out...

can you repeat the part of dont buy first [yawn] wasnt listening :D but seriosuly, your right about waiting until the second release, but everyone wants to be the first on the block witht the newest tech. SO, it must sck that its you who has to hear the "WAhhh my board doesnt work, Wahh i spent money on it! I want it to work!" but on the other hand its sjust more of a thing where you feel superior when you have the latest and greatest

can you repeat the part of dont buy first [yawn] wasnt listening :D but seriosuly, your right about waiting until the second release, but everyone wants to be the first on the block witht the newest tech. SO, it must sck that its you who has to hear the "WAhhh my board doesnt work, Wahh i spent money on it! I want it to work!" but on the other hand its sjust more of a thing where you feel superior when you have the latest and greatest

agreed on both parts

i love having the latest

some of you do too

latest and greatest really is only intended for two types:

1. those who have too much money and not enough sense

2. the better types are those of us who accept that first-gen usually sux but when it works its the BOMB!!! and we are willing to tackle any and all crap problems just to have the latest and greatest lol

me, I'm a #2, and most of us regulars are #2's also.

There's nothing wrong with being a #2

if there were no #1's and #2's, then we'd go out of business lol.

My warning posts and rants are mainly for those who are NOT tolerant of the fact that this is all brand new stuff...and it just ain't gonna work right for a while.

That's just life and reality.

I want people to buy our goods cuz I get to keep my job....but I want people to be smart about it and be satisfied with something a little older but JUST AS GOOD if they can't stand the newest working the way they think it should.

Thats why I usually wait untill there are more than one review from a reputable soruce, like toms hardware, anandtech, etc. Then if there is a generall consensus that it it workig, i go for it.

my post wasnt directed at you personally my fine wrestling friend

it was aimed at everyone in general

I know, I was just being sarcastic about the TRUTH you spoke about... if anyone knows about hardware around here, that one is you.

And that is no sarcasm btw.

:)

There is also a problem on speed of turnaround, some other manufacturers are bringing out a bios every month for the first 3 months of a board release, then when a new motherboard is released they tend to forget about the previous board and concentrate all their efforts on to the new board for a short while. This leaves owners of the previous with problems board in real trouble, and they are forced to go around slagging the company off at every given opportunity..