New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Retratserif
I'm still not seeing it

I see a very fantastic looking asian girl and a nice red ATI fake tattoo on her arm...but I don't even see any motherboards or nothing...just a fantastic looking asian girl...I thought you said there were other things in that picture?

Exactly...But lets wait untill these boards are really out and tested. I may skip the whole AM2 things if Intell keeps up the great work.

Eventially my current rig will be handed down to my GF and I will have another new PC. Atm its looking like an Intell with Phase chanage. Mabye another water kit, but it would have to be multi single radiator setup. Also using smaller blocks. The large ones I have are not DFI friendly, though I get by.

The chipset is never going to be placed perfectly. No matter where the put it, it will be in someones way one way or another. Atm it comes very close to blocking my video card, and I tried the 2nd slot, and almost blocks that one also.

So what kinds of things should I know when choosing between the ATi and the nVidia?

The video card you are going to use.

If its ATI, and one that has a XFire edition companion, then the motherboard with the ATI XFire chip. If its nVidia, then the one with the nF5 SLI chipset.

I really think the diferences are very small between them, maybe the overclock is better with the nvidia one but I don't think its too much; right now I believe overclock is limited by the cpu, not by the motherboard. I would like the idea of having the oportunity to upgrade to a two video card system, even if I never do that... so for me the choice would be regarding what video card I have or plan on having.

Guest burningrave101
Is that a Tuesday before July 24th?

DFI better hope so because if not their AM2 boards may not break any record sales with the release of Conroe lol.

The video card you are going to use.

If its ATI, and one that has a XFire edition companion, then the motherboard with the ATI XFire chip. If its nVidia, then the one with the nF5 SLI chipset.

I really think the diferences are very small between them, maybe the overclock is better with the nvidia one but I don't think its too much; right now I believe overclock is limited by the cpu, not by the motherboard. I would like the idea of having the oportunity to upgrade to a two video card system, even if I never do that... so for me the choice would be regarding what video card I have or plan on having.

on nf4 nvidia cards seemed to work better on ATi chipsets, and ATi cards worked better on nvidia chipsets...

EDIT: read it somewhere, doesn't mean its truth...

DFI better hope so because if not their AM2 boards may not break any record sales with the release of Conroe lol.

LOL Regarding stuff you can actually buy and build right now!

I have an nVidia AM2 590 board in my hands right now. With a Windsor X2 4600+ and at stock timings I'm getting memory bandwidth of 7,746MB/s with a latency of 48.2ns.

Not a single tweak. Right out of the box and plugged in.

Once more for clarity, that's at stock timings for the CPU and memory.

That's fast in any rig and compares favorably to a lot of the overclocked rigs in the OC Database thread.

LOL Regarding stuff you can actually buy and build right now!

I have an nVidia AM2 590 board in my hands right now. With a Windsor X2 4600+ and at stock timings I'm getting memory bandwidth of 7,746MB/s with a latency of 48.2ns.

Not a single tweak. Right out of the box and plugged in.

Once more for clarity, that's at stock timings for the CPU and memory.

That's fast in any rig and compares favorably to a lot of the overclocked rigs in the OC Database thread.

Wow! As for when will DFI release the AM2 socket mobo of this thread and the new Xfire mobo and both versions for the Conroe... probably after all the other manufacturers release theirs. The question is why would overclockers buy other brands? :confused:

So to confirm: you can not use two nVidia cards with an ATi chipset? Because this seems to say otherwise:

Hehe, thats actually a good question since ages ago ATI released the information regarding how their platform not only would support two ATI cards in XFire link but also two nVidia cards in SLI... something like "what they do we do as well". They also claimed their technology also supported more than 2 video cards, which it does... but we all know the idea of having more than two video cards in one system is a bit crazy.

Again, supposedly there are 'hacked' drivers allowing Sli, however I've NEVER actually seen this and wonder if its just Ati fanboyism spreading that rumor.

I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on that. ;)