New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehee... "Neo" right the ide thing is abit of a shocker. But I was really-really glad to see a floppy header on the board. Been werkin' on some cookie-cutter rigs.l,That don't have them. More and more all the time.Not a big deal I guess. I can usually werk around that fairly easy. (But I haven't faced stealth_boot.B onna' cookie cutter with a sata and no floppy header.(Yet!)

I myself do like my old stuff,Zip 100s,serial port modems,lpt printers.

But truthfully the industrie's need to keep us buyin' new stuff. And after awhile the new stuff actually werks right. (Cause' it's old!) I allway's wait awhile before jumpin' on the band-wagon. For acoupla' reason's off the top. First new products usually buggs(Usually need firmware updates,driver updates or revision. Then new products are usually quite alot diffrent from the previous product.

I sorta' like to see how well these things werk before I jump in with both feet. What they werk well with.best set-up ect. Third money, sumpin's been out awhile is usually abit cheaper.

But I must admit that someday I would really would like to buy one of these boards when they are fresh off the drawing board and first go into production. And help discover-iron out the issues with them. I mentioned before the nf3 939 thread. My hat's off to "Old-Guy" and the other adopters.(Angry,Rgone,others) For findin' these issues and solvin' em. Like pencil pokin' the N-B fan.(Replacement) And the 6800gt fast-write issue. (I'm sure that's an issue w/all nf3's)The later is why I'm not running one of those. Couldn't see the point in upgrading my rigg for 3000-5000 3dmarks01.(10000-15000 Ohh-kayyy... I'm in... LOL) Like also mentioned before. I really enjoy readin' the debugg thread new products almost allways generate. That's enough outta' me .Best to ya's. I'm sure it'll be a winner. "Clay"

PS I'll be readin'.

naww, to tech beta people like me :D and incase any of you dont know, the tech beta is where we get monthly (sometimes a few more) releases of vista

ya so does the MSDN testers etc

all it takes to get a Vista download is to sign up at MS but this thread is not for discussing Vista or any OS

hmm, so if I strted a news site for the Windows (actual OS) beta testers you think I could get one? :D

I think he's saying if he was a os tester, populer one with a site.

If he could get one directly from amd, a cpu.

Which the answwer would be no.

Microsoft might get some lol.

But you don't.

Not unless you're a hardware reviewer, one that has some reviews allready, gotta be known out there and etc to get free parts from diff companies.

Even then, you would likely have to sign an nda for each review.

Since there is time limitations, if someone is supposed to get the exclusive, you can't post your review before them.

If you're only supposed to show certain results, then that's what you have to abide by.

For example a video card.

If you're not supposed to show ogl performance and how well it does it, then you make it look like you never thaught about doing it, like it does'nt exist.

Broudening your view on the d3d, like the video card maker would want you to do if it's in the nda/contract thingy.

How to get started on reviewing and etc, well that's something not meant for disscussion here and stuff.

And yeah my post looks lame, I dont' kno why I'm explaining it...

you shoudl know better then to think you can get free hardware because you test software.

Most software dev's would not get free hardware like this.

Some do, but it's donations from other users.

Peopel that make a reputable os perhaps might get free cpu's for testing with.

If it's deemed importat to the cpu makers that piece of software needs to work correctly with the cpu.

Then again being a tester and a dev is a diff thing too...

Blah blah blah.

Sorry HG/mods and people's.

to me the asus AM2 motherboards look cheap, i havnt really contributed to DFI forums but i have had DFI boards since nF2 and will continue in the future.

but seriously the problems with the latest asus with ram sound very bad :tooth: