New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

Guest caffeinejunkie

Wow the crossfire version does look nice. And copper for both coolers would be sweet. Almost looks like zalman designed the one lol. But whats this about the Teaming technology w/ the dual lans?

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone here have used both LAN's for something???? I have considered using two routers, a crossover cable connection to another computer (gigabit vs. gigabit) and other crazy ideas... but I don't find them too practical for an overclocking/gaming computer. Its almost as if DFI just put two LAN's because they come with the chipset package :)

Not to be a noob but do crossfire chipsets support SLI?

No, they support Crossfire smiles-icon_rolleyes.gif

Hehe, thats actually a good question since ages ago ATI released the information regarding how their platform not only would support two ATI cards in XFire link but also two nVidia cards in SLI... something like "what they do we do as well". They also claimed their technology also supported more than 2 video cards, which it does... but we all know the idea of having more than two video cards in one system is a bit crazy.

I think its better to have two dual gpu cards than two have four video cards in one system, then to have two quad gpu cards than to have 8 video cards... etc.

With one video card, same one... not sure there are any. Both run 16X at the same time... I have read reviews and both work very much similar... aparently the ATI overclocks better, but not sure because maybe that was Asus' fault (LOL, A8N 32X vs. DFI XFire, wonder why)

AM2 is a socket 940, and it has diferent pin order so a 939 cpu would never fit in an AM2 socket motherboard or the other way around.

I am starting to like the idea of an upgrade... but before I get two 7950GX2 running in quad SLI I need to buy the first one :rolleyes:

So what kinds of things should I know when choosing between the ATi and the nVidia?

To wait until they're released in the mainstream so we can directly compare them to 'equivalent' nf4 boards...