New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

Guest burningrave101
I was being sarcastic about Asus' prices, since all the gadgets (refered as crap by burningrave101) are not worth as much as good capacitors, mosfets and other motherboar components... then the result will be of $1,000,000 Dollars per motherboard :shake:

I was actually referring to the integrated components like wifi that Asus includes on some of their higher-end boards and something like that racks up the cost of the motherboard a lot.

Seriously, Asus and now MSI (CRAP!) motherboards cost a lot these days... and I have seen the nF4 SLI 16x chip prices, and it has nothing to do with how much they are charging for each one of their things... component vs. component, the DFI NF4 SLI-DR is worth more than the Asus and MSI, or maybe equal.

The DFI Expert and the new CFX3200 chipset boards were both priced over $200 and you can see how much the Venus board cost. Asus and MSI aren't the only ones that have high motherboard prices. The DFI Ultra-D and SLI-DR have come down in price because they've been out for a long time now. Asus boards are also usually expensive because people will pay a premium for them. Asus is the leading motherboard manufacturer. They're a brand that people know well. DFI is popular in the overclocking crowd but Asus is known for stability.

Haha, and people here are angry about the wrong CPU temperature of the DFI Expert... while Asus A8NSLI 32X owners complaint about real cpu overheating :shake:

You dont have an Expert board so you dont have anything to complain about. Its irritating when you pay a premium for whats suppost to be a better overclocking board then the Ultra-D and SLI-DR and what you get is a board with temp readings that are off 10C+ on the earlier revisions. Then you go to compare your temps to others and you find out yours are much different. Then you have some people posting high temps and some low temps and you dont know which is actually right. You have to then go and find some way to measure the temps because different revisions have been found to be off by varying degrees.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also a problem on speed of turnaround, some other manufacturers are bringing out a bios every month for the first 3 months of a board release, then when a new motherboard is released they tend to forget about the previous board and concentrate all their efforts on to the new board for a short while. This leaves owners of the previous with problems board in real trouble, and they are forced to go around slagging the company off at every given opportunity..

can't say I disagree with this lol

DFI is guilty of it just as bad as any other motherboard mfg...

You dont have an Expert board so you dont have anything to complain about. Its irritating when you pay a premium for whats suppost to be a better overclocking board then the Ultra-D and SLI-DR and what you get is a board with temp readings that are off 10C+ on the earlier revisions. Then you go to compare your temps to others and you find out yours are much different. Then you have some people posting high temps and some low temps and you dont know which is actually right. You have to then go and find some way to measure the temps because different revisions have been found to be off by varying degrees.

'supposed' to be the best overclocking board is simply an opinion...I find the Expert board to kinda suck in overclocking compared to my original NF4 Lanparty boards with every single memory type. I've never been able to get the Expert to do anything close to what my original NF4's can do.

The new CFX3200-DR though is quickly becoming my favorite board!

I never pay that much attention to temps though I know some really do and get upset at the temp sensors not reporting correctly...we went through the same thing on the NF3 250Gb though. All mobo companies have a premium motherboard once in a while that just isn't really that premium...and the Expert is definitely one that would give that title to.

I was actually referring to the integrated components like wifi that Asus includes on some of their higher-end boards and something like that racks up the cost of the motherboard a lot.

The DFI Expert and the new CFX3200 chipset boards were both priced over $200 and you can see how much the Venus board cost. Asus and MSI aren't the only ones that have high motherboard prices. The DFI Ultra-D and SLI-DR have come down in price because they've been out for a long time now. Asus boards are also usually expensive because people will pay a premium for them. Asus is the leading motherboard manufacturer. They're a brand that people know well. DFI is popular in the overclocking crowd but Asus is known for stability.

You are right about the components like WIFI, but IMO a Linksys wireless card cost less and is a lot better than anything Asus can come up with. Well actually costs more, but again its a better solution if you have wireless... cause if you don't then its pretty useless.

All new products, including motherboards, tend ot have a very high price. The SLI-DR started at $200 as well... but then the price dropped and right now it is the most expensive "old board" around. The other DFI boards like the Expert came up costing a lot, but the price settled to what it should: it is now less expensive than the SLI-DR... but the Asus and MSI boards are still a lot more expensive, not even with all the gadgets you mentioned, and not even as good overclockers as they said they were. Thats what I find to be funny and target of criticism.

I don't have an Expert and you are right. However I had boards with a temperature error in the past and that was not a serious problem IMO. Back then it was the nF2 Abit NF7-S, and later the nF3 MSI K8N... both had a huge cpu temperature error, however both cpu's had good temperatures, real, and using an external probe proved that every time. If you visit the Overclocker forums you will see a lot of people having problems with the temperatures of the A8N SLI 32X, but this time they aren't sure these higher temperatures aren't real... thats a real problem IMO.

I didn't meant to say anything wrong of people having the Expert... sorry if what I said was wrong or something.

Good luck

nah no one is yelling at ya lol

I am not someone who doesn't understand what customers complain about

I myself am a customer...so I have a lot of complaining...I mean...look at all that I complain about in this forum and then imagine if I was a customer of yours...ya...you get the idea lol.

problem is...some of us (and no, not anyone in particular so quit already) just aren't realistic sometimes in our expectations vs reality (ie what you think or wish for in a product and what you really get).

That's the only point I am trying to make here.

And before you yell at me, I am not responsible for building anything at DFI so if you have a complaint, don't yell at me like I'm the guy that totally screwed it up just so you'd complain about it lol

Guest pedro

OK, let's say I get this board and plug in a Athlon 3200+. Is it then possible for me to get 4-4-4 OCZ 667 DDR2 and lower the clock to 533 but tighten the latencies to 3-3-3?

I'm not an overclocker or a gamer. I just like DFI boards.

Anyone know the answer here?

Ignoring this thread from now on, at least until Mr. Happy gets his hands on one of these boards. I read the entire thing and the hot asian chicks were the best part of it. There are plenty of previews floating around the net. I love my SLI-DR and I am keeping this baby for at least another 2 years, unless a miracle happens.

Guest burningrave101
'supposed' to be the best overclocking board is simply an opinion...I find the Expert board to kinda suck in overclocking compared to my original NF4 Lanparty boards with every single memory type. I've never been able to get the Expert to do anything close to what my original NF4's can do.

The new CFX3200-DR though is quickly becoming my favorite board!

I never pay that much attention to temps though I know some really do and get upset at the temp sensors not reporting correctly...we went through the same thing on the NF3 250Gb though. All mobo companies have a premium motherboard once in a while that just isn't really that premium...and the Expert is definitely one that would give that title to.

Really? Hmm...maybe i should try getting a different DFI s939 board like the original SLI-DR. I'm sorta waiting on the AM2 board though since i just grabbed some new OCZ PC2-6400 2x1GB pretty cheap. Does anyone know how UCCC chip RAM works in the regular SLI-DR boards? I have 2x1GB of G. Skill PC4000 HZ.