Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing now with GEIL 1gb Value DC with 2.5-8-4-4 timings. (because my OCZ is RMA). Running prime now for 5 hours. FSB 225Mhz, multi 11x, LDT 4x. But needed to set my Vcore @ 1.475V (bios). SM gives 1.43V.

So i hope it stays stable.

These settings are stable for 24 hours. But can't up the FSB further on this Vcore. Stil using the 4/25 bios. Processor stays @ 43C

What app is the best for Vcore/Vmem monitoring? Is Smart Guardian accurate?

I tried an app from AMD and gives me a 1.35V, while SG gives 1.43V.

As I have an ABIT board, I cannot tell anything about the BIOS updates you are talking about. I did however check the ULi site to find that there is a download for the ULi controller there. I downloaded it and installed it. Then checked the driver dates in the device manager. The driver is 1 month newer than my original one. The one that is installed now is from december 2005. The previous one was of november. The install also caused the ULI raidmanager to automatically start again (and I guess it installed another version of it, hard o tell as there is no 'about...') and I did not check the file version before the install. The file version of the raid manager that is installed now is: 6.2.1.3

I leave it for the moment to see if it still gives the errors with the new driver.

My new driver is found in the SCSI and RAID controller section as

ULi SATA/RAID controller (M1575/M1697).

The driver details are: Date 23-12-2005, version 1.0.5.8

I am interested in what your current driver and raid manager version is.

BTW, if you plan to download the driver from the ULI site, you will find that there link does not work. It points to a file named 'Integrated220.rar'. That file does not exist there, what does exist is a file named 'Integrated220.zip.rar'. So click the download using 'Open in a new window', and then change the name.

or actually here is a link:

ftp://www.uli.com.tw/driver/Integrated220.zip.rar

It also gave me an option to istall USB and sound driver. I did not do that for now as I already downloaded and installed the latest sound driver from the realtek site. And I had problems with the ULi USB drivers, on the other hand I instll them later as they may well be updated as well, and actually work.

As I'll switch off now, I wont know ifthe new driver + raid manager fixed the 'regular' error problem.

Ben

well one thing is better, when the system was in idle before it would still get errors, that seems to have stopped, not sure about during regular use yet as I have not had time yet, will try it out this week, but the whole freeze at bootup . is really annoying.

Is this a driver or bios issue, i am not sure, sounds more and more like the uli drivers controlling the sata controller in windows itself may be to blame.

Though I do remember someone saying they had the errors with a linux install as well, so, I just dunno, all I know is it is screwed up, and really annoying.

Well, will mess with it this week, if it is usuable will stick with it for a while, if it is just too annoying, back to the sil, until this is for sure fixed and error free.

One thing, I have a maxtor 250gB hooked up to sata 3 on the controller, should I switch this to the sil, does anyone know if that may be affecting the controller?

"Unconfirmed" general consensus is undervolting by .1 on the cpu via smart guardian. Memory volts appear to be quite accurate to me. This is my first 939 socket combo so I have no reference other than what I've read about the cpu voltage. As usual I just give it power till it stops clocking so voltage is nearly irrelevant other than for reference to me.

thanks, just used Tony's settings and amanged 270 htt at 10X multi for the first time on this board. I ran S&M stress test and there were no problems so far. So the new bios does sort the oc issue. 270htt @ 1:1 is pretty damn good for the modules afaik.

well...I've been priming at 250x10 for about 7 hours now...which is odd because it simply won't do more than 2 minutes at 240x11 before it fails (this particular cpu will do 280x10 and 255x11 on a couple boards.

I remember there was a particular issue with 9x multi's on the NF3, but I seriously doubt that is the problem here...I just can't seem to find the right setting on this with an 11x as it fails prime instantly or within 2 minutes no matter if it is 215x11 or 250x11...but x10 seems to be just fine

gonna test my personal theories out a bit more after 8 total hours of prime95 so I can get it eventually into the OC Database

>>The file version of the raid manager that is installed now is: 6.2.1.3

>>The driver details are: Date 23-12-2005, version 1.0.5.8

Now that the raid manager is starting again automatically, the errors are back again, so I will remove the auto run of the raid manager again.

Ben

>>geeds: you've been told to make a proper signature...so don't delay anymore and make one. Now.

Up till this reply I had no idea I was 'told' to have a signature. I have no interest in system specs anyway, but I guess if I do someone a favour with it. I am not a gamer, I write software. Fast compile time for me is more important than FPS. I was trying to help, and I think I did.

Ben

Figured i would do a defrag with Raxco perfect disk, well, the controller is still broke on my end, no luck here, sigh.....

trouble0wv.gif

My apologies if you've laready tried this,

try a search for the uli exe file for the raid manager software and delete it, careful not to knock out the driver though. I think I have not had an error at all since i not only removed it from startup but also deleted it from the machine altogether.

I assume you are running the latest beta bios???

regards

Raja